Stop Pressuring Wildcard

TimeBomb2003

Stop Pressuring Wildcard

As the title says.

There probably reading all you guys angry comments about the DLC being delayed, and seeing that, there probably rushing to release it, which might make it not quite as good as it could have been. So at least until the DLC releases, could all you ark players just tone it down? It has already been pushed back a bit, so complaining about it won't change anything.

In all fairness, they have a right as paying and paid up customers to wish to stay informed and its not unreasonable to ask that a company follow through on their advertised launch dates. Granted, this is a video game studio and things happen. Well within their rights tho. Personally I would rather they keep delaying until its ready.

We just have to trust that they'll release when they feel its ready for release. But let's also face the inevitability that regardless of when it releases, there will be problems, and lots & lots of updates to fix said problems. That's the reality that awaits. The best thing players can do is keep their expectations in check.

18 hours ago, TimeBomb2003 said:

Stop Pressuring Wildcard

As the title says.

There probably reading all you guys angry comments about the DLC being delayed, and seeing that, there probably rushing to release it, which might make it not quite as good as it could have been. So at least until the DLC releases, could all you ark players just tone it down? It has already been pushed back a bit, so complaining about it won't change anything.

I dont really care either way. 

But it is a bit rubbish that they sell pre-orders specifically advertising the release month and then dont stick to it. They probably sold alot of copies to people who wouldnt have bought it knowing the actual release date. 

as i said though im not really bothered when we get it ;) 

I bet my shapeshifter chibi devs don't read forums unless human-filter points them to specific thread.

Personally, I don't mind them taking a month or two more if it will make DLC less buggy on release. They already missed xmas sales and there is a lot of time before dead summer season, so there is no sense for them to push it for the sake of shipping.

3 hours ago, Rio4201 said:

In all fairness, they have a right as paying and paid up customers to wish to stay informed and its not unreasonable to ask that a company follow through on their advertised launch dates. Granted, this is a video game studio and things happen. Well within their rights tho. Personally I would rather they keep delaying until its ready.

I don't agree. It's super common for deadlines to be pushed when it comes to any software development and especially games. But I agree wholeheartedly with wanting them to keep delaying it until it's ready rather than releasing something buggy.

2 hours ago, Glydyr said:

But it is a bit rubbish that they sell pre-orders specifically advertising the release month and then dont stick to it. They probably sold alot of copies to people who wouldnt have bought it knowing the actual release date. 

I'd be very surprised if there was even one player that didn't want the DLC just because the date was pushed! If the content changed, sure, but not because of just a delay... Hmm.... maybe if it was delayed years! xD 
Also: if you don't want delays or changes to what's been advertised, don't pre-order! It's really that easy! It's the nature of pre-orders: either don't do it, or don't complain. (And yes, I pre-ordered... and managed to not complain - it can be done!)

18 minutes ago, LEDminer said:

DLC gets released early, is full of bugs

Players: Rah rah WildCard Argh!

DLC gets delayed for bug fixes

Players: Rah rah WildCard Argh!

Nothing will please the herd.

Lets not forget the most likely scenario where the DLC is both delayed for bug fixes, but then still buggy after the delayed release. It's almost inevitable. 

I think the underlying issue here specifically is the messy communication.  You have to watch quite a few different mediums for the most up to date information.  I know the Genesis DLC is currently targeting an end of January release, but only because I saw a dev's reply to a reply of a tweet.  It also doesn't help that just about any post or tweet made by a dev is bombarded with "fix duping", "fix meshing", "undo this nerf", "wipe the servers", "don't wipe the severs", "this is OP"  type ranting.  That noise just makes it less likely to get further information from that dev.

That being said, I would like to see Wildcard take their time and get it right.  I would love to be impressed as I enjoy this game.  But I'm honestly not sure why anybody would preorder anything from Wildcard given their history.  I will wait and see if the update process improves and also how bad the nerfs are post-launch before I consider buying into the next DLC from them.  I will also be watching to see how much further they degrade the game for everybody in response to exploiters and cheats.

Archived