The struggle against a Dedicated Ark Server

Centaurus87

So over the past year and a half me and a friend have been playing Ark off and on, mostly on dedicated servers that I host.

But it seems that no matter what I do or try with them, the dedicated servers, or clients we use always seem to screw up in major ways preventing any normal gameplay in the end.

My latest problem has now come along, and the last problem I'll be dealing with to be honest.

I logged in today only to see a Bred Iguanodon, that I've specced for speed to travel through Valguero, to be all bloodied. So I check his stats, and his HP was at 120.000 something (which was healing up, hence the blood), his melee dps at over 2000% and his speed at something nearing the 4000%. Clearly these stats were wrong.

My friend heard my cry of confusion and frustration and quickly came over to have a look himself, while I was quickly relogging.

Coming back into the game the Iguanodon wasn't bloodied anymore, so I sighed with relief... all too soon.... Because now my speed stat was at 150%, down from 180%. My friend quickly informed me that on HIS screen the Iguanodon still had 180% speed.

So I figured it must be something to do with my client. Validating took me more then the whole afternoon because of the lovely Steamworks Redistributable. But aw well, I decided to instead reinstall the whole game. But that didn't have any effect.

I uninstalled the mods from my client and tried to log in, but this just prevented me from getting into my own server to begin with. Removing the addons from the server didn't work, this just removed all the S+ Structures and stuff, but the Iguanodon's movement speed is still down to 150% instead of 180%.

So here I am... just about done with this game and its impossible rhetoric of breaking and failing. My hope is that someone on this forum has a sollution. Otherwise I'm pretty much done playing this game altogether.

1. Some mods don't work well with each other.  You might have a conflict. Check the release notes of all the mods you use.
2. The save might be corrupt.  Do you have a backup that you can try restoring?
3. The server or your gaming PC might have a corrupt HD/SSD.  Run a scan on both.
4. The server or your gaming PC might have some faulty RAM.  Run a test on both.  I use memtest86, but there are other tools out there.
5. The OS could be corrupt on the server or your gaming PC.  If you're running a Windows server, then try sfc /scannow from an admin window and follow up with a Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup  if necessary.
6. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2019 at 12:44 PM, Centaurus87 said:

Lark's list is pretty thorough and comprehensive, you can't go wrong doing everything he says, in that order.

I have a strong suspicion that the data on your parasaur was corrupted/overwritten by having the wrong combination of mods, or mods in a bad order. Without knowing all of the mods you were running this is just a guess, but an educated guess.

Can you give us the complete list of mods that you have run on your server during the lifetime of this parasaur?

Archived