Oil pumps missing?

Jemcrystal

Oil pumps missing?

I set down three oil pumps about five days ago.  All on the same day.  I unlocked them.  Only reason I put them down was tired of finding locked oil pumps.  Pve-official.  Today I went back and they are all missing.  Other people put their "locked' oil pumps where mine were.  Tribe log says nothing.

26 minutes ago, Jemcrystal said:

Oil pumps missing?

I set down three oil pumps about five days ago.  All on the same day.  I unlocked them.  Only reason I put them down was tired of finding locked oil pumps.  Pve-official.  Today I went back and they are all missing.  Other people put their "locked' oil pumps where mine were.  Tribe log says nothing.

They auto decay after 2 days

That is insane.  Was it always this way or was there a complaint that brought this low a decay timer on?   Mmm a suggestion plz.  Suggest oil well timers go up to one week.  Suggest that oil well cannot be locked.

Or slightly more complex but a better solution:  if oil well is locked then 2 days but if oil well is unlocked 2 weeks until decay.  Decay based on if it is locked or not.

52 minutes ago, deedoubleu said:

You can't build near drop, but you still can place a sleeping bag.

Good point.

But...

there was nothing stopping the OP from building a box and preventing losing it in 2 days.  

All the OP had to do was spot the other oil wells decay timers to spot a trend that they were all under 2 days to decay in the first place.

still no real great reason to make the change.

Making a change shouldn’t be the first solution to a player not making themselves familiar with game mechanics.

Oil can be had without an oil well on top of it.

gachas and allies are other avenues available already.

49 minutes ago, GrumpyBear said:

Good point.

But...

there was nothing stopping the OP from building a box and preventing losing it in 2 days.  

All the OP had to do was spot the other oil wells decay timers to spot a trend that they were all under 2 days to decay in the first place.

still no real great reason to make the change.

Making a change shouldn’t be the first solution to a player not making themselves familiar with game mechanics.

Oil can be had without an oil well on top of it.

gachas and allies are other avenues available already.

Ah, building around it is the worst. Isn't this a CoC violation btw - denying other players access?

Yes, there are other ways to get oil, but same goes for obelisks - you can't block pathways to them eventhough you can use drops/crates.

2 hours ago, deedoubleu said:

You can.
Jemcrystal suggestion + mark oil veins as no-build area, same as drops.

Then people will just build bigger outside the no build areas.

For PvE, WC could just make oil pumps part of the map and also no build areas. Or even do something to remove competition, like getting oil (and other loot) is a time triggered player event. So like 5 people could go get oil and the amount of oil would be tied to the player/account instead of the structure.

PvE really needs sharing and environmental mechanisms built it. Its sucks to play a game of fighting over resources without allowing actual fighting. So remove the need for fighting other players with PvE survival game mechanics.

16 hours ago, deedoubleu said:

Ah, building around it is the worst. Isn't this a CoC violation btw - denying other players access?

Yes, there are other ways to get oil, but same goes for obelisks - you can't block pathways to them eventhough you can use drops/crates.

Nope, it's not a violation.  It's completely in bounds

image.png

Archived