Give us a dino to protect unconscious tames

AnimaSolis

Suggestion

Give us a dino to protect unconscious tames

Unconscious dinos being damaged or killed has always been an issue but there should be a solution to this via a new Dino. Something that can be set, perhaps in a pack to protect any Dino wild or tamed. This would also add some amazing and interesting tactics for PVP fights.

So this new Dino could be set on “protect” and will be aggressive to all selected Dino types (carnivores only / all) within a range of that selected Dino. Similar to how the Dino leash can be used. 

We still don’t have any lions (sabers don’t really count) in the game, perhaps this could be a good new Dino to fill this role? Or based on the Utahraptor.

A cool idea I had was the ability for this Dino to scare away other dinos similar to the Yuty but based on the combined pack level. 

9 replies to this server topic

The problem with this concept is that a larger creature wouldn't make sense(How did that Rex not just damage my tame when attacking the Raptor next to it?) but if it's too small, it won't be super effective as a guard unless you've got a lot of them.

Barriers are your best bet for solving this problem(I don't think spike walls damage wild dinos unless they are attacked). 

It's just one of those things that not only doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but also doesn't change enough to be warrantable. The process of taming and protecting would hardly change as a whole, and would arguably only be better in some situations unless you make this proposed creature Rex-level in terms of power. 

On 1/15/2020 at 2:53 PM, Qwertymine said:

The problem with this concept is that a larger creature wouldn't make sense(How did that Rex not just damage my tame when attacking the Raptor next to it?) but if it's too small, it won't be super effective as a guard unless you've got a lot of them.

Barriers are your best bet for solving this problem(I don't think spike walls damage wild dinos unless they are attacked). 

It's just one of those things that not only doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but also doesn't change enough to be warrantable. The process of taming and protecting would hardly change as a whole, and would arguably only be better in some situations unless you make this proposed creature Rex-level in terms of power. 

I think a medium sized pack animal would be ideal. Perhaps with a special ability that say slows a monster with pack buff applied or scares other dinos away based on the level of the dinos in the pack.

So for example If the combined level of your pack is 50 it might only be able to scare away raptors.

If it was combined 300 it could scare away larger carnivores.

Something based on an Utahraptor maybe? The largest type of raptor.

On 12/31/2019 at 12:01 AM, Aylana314159 said:

Do you want this new tame to magically prevent damage to an unconscious creature for taming efficiency?

Why does it need to be magic? Dinos set to protect other dinos or creatures I think is a cool idea. As opposed to simply aggressive which is a rather dumb AI and under used feature.

4 minutes ago, AnimaSolis said:

Why does it need to be magic? Dinos set to protect other dinos or creatures I think is a cool idea. As opposed to simply aggressive which is a rather dumb AI and under used feature.

Currently any combat happening around an unconscious dino will cause damage if close enough, leading to reduced taming efficiency. So the magic I speak of is actually the protection of unconscious dinos.

Currently you can use the dino leash with dinos on aggressive. But this still damages unconscious dinos if too close.

You think that if WC could actually improve the dino AI, they would have done it by now. Be realistic.

On 1/15/2020 at 9:53 AM, Qwertymine said:

That's like saying I can't tame 5 argies in the same trap cause their aoe would send effectiveness to hell of not kill them, but it seems certain creatures have that ability already installed while wild so this is totally plausible to institute on a tamed Dino. I can already tame a mammoth per say and fight another one littlerally on top of the one I have knocked out and as long as I don't damage the knocked out one, the other wild won't lower it's health/effectiveness. These 2 examples are only a couple of examples.

On 1/7/2020 at 4:34 PM, Aylana314159 said:

Currently any combat happening around an unconscious dino will cause damage if close enough, leading to reduced taming efficiency. So the magic I speak of is actually the protection of unconscious dinos.

Currently you can use the dino leash with dinos on aggressive. But this still damages unconscious dinos if too close.

You think that if WC could actually improve the dino AI, they would have done it by now. Be realistic.

I think it’s perfectly realistic. As fans having low expectations is part of the issue. If you have this attitude why would they bother improving anything. WC have been doing much better of late.

1 hour ago, NukeGoose said:

That's like saying I can't tame 5 argies in the same trap cause their aoe would send effectiveness to hell of not kill them, but it seems certain creatures have that ability already installed while wild so this is totally plausible to institute on a tamed Dino. I can already tame a mammoth per say and fight another one littlerally on top of the one I have knocked out and as long as I don't damage the knocked out one, the other wild won't lower it's health/effectiveness. These 2 examples are only a couple of examples.

Strange. That may only apply to creatures from the same species. 

Archived