Top 5 ideas to protect ARk players from losing progress! PVE official!

CamCam123

My top ten ideas on how to protect players from losing their game in ark.

1. Create a solo mode (Expert Mode) that is only playable online in order to have your solo mode as a safe back up of you pve or pvp official online. This mode would consist on a none cheat mode that is played just like online PVE or PVP  official but its there saved your progress on your pc. Same rates, same exp, and same events. Allow transfer from this mode to online regular PVE or PVP. The only difference is that in this mode you are solo on your map to keep your personal progress saved or if you just want to breed solo without any tribe destroying your base on pvp or as your own private room for pve.

2. It its time to create something that allows to store everything you own in that one thing without  needing to render a base. 

Every single person should have this. one per IP address. That way if you need a long vacation you dont come to start from 0 again. Make our hours count. All online games have this...why not ark?

3. For players with over 10k hours Ark should have a special privilege of double-ling the time  before things despawn. This should be specially a thing in pve. There should be some special perks for long time Ark players.

4. Characters should be saved on the computer not on the servers online. That way you can always comback to your 130+ level character without worrying if its going to disappear. 

5. Last but not least, Allow transfers from official pve to solo mode. That ways if you are done with Ark online you can take your things back to solo mode. This should be the lazy thing to do if they dont want to do the other things. At least you dont have to ruing you solo game by cheating to spawn everything super high level. That way the game would still follow its natural progression. 

what do you guys think? am I right? or am I wrong?

There's an old concept in computer science that most companies follow.  A few "home" computer users know of this too, but fewer do anything about it.
Some companies do it well.  Some even routinely test their methods to see that they work, and that they continue to work.  Some "home" users do this too.  But probably not so many.

I've seen people lose progress in more serious circumstances, dare I say, far more serious than game-play progress.
Mention this concept to them and they look away sheepishly.  They know they should do this, but they don't.  And they all too often end up paying the price.

Do you think WC know the secret?  Do you want to know the secret?
It's called "make a backup".

21 hours ago, Larkfields said:

There's an old concept in computer science that most companies follow.  A few "home" computer users know of this too, but fewer do anything about it.
Some companies do it well.  Some even routinely test their methods to see that they work, and that they continue to work.  Some "home" users do this too.  But probably not so many.

I've seen people lose progress in more serious circumstances, dare I say, far more serious than game-play progress.
Mention this concept to them and they look away sheepishly.  They know they should do this, but they don't.  And they all too often end up paying the price.

Do you think WC know the secret?  Do you want to know the secret?
It's called "make a backup".

lol

To be honest, it would be nice to implement a solo online mode where you can breed and transfer to ark servers. I mean, our pcs can be our personal servers...right?

they dont have to put money into that. only effort to make it possible. No need to buy hardware or rent servers. it would also solve the issue of the [][][] tribes which hogs all the gifts, or all the special stuff of events. i think we need to MAGA ark lol Make ark GREAT again ! :D

The idea of having your own solo online mode is to have your private space. maybe you want to build in a part of a map that is taken. also, it is always good to have your own place where you dont have to deal with people even in pve. It would be more like a coffee room. 

But i dont play pvp. You cant have a life with pvp in this game. and sadly i have a job lol

But chill man. This is just a couple of ideas. I am not telling you that if they were to apply them you have to use them. You are very aggressive my friend lol

On 12/30/2019 at 6:59 AM, CamCam123 said:

1. Create a solo mode (Expert Mode) that is only playable online in order to have your solo mode as a safe back up of you pve or pvp official online. This mode would consist on a none cheat mode that is played just like online PVE or PVP  official but its there saved your progress on your pc. Same rates, same exp, and same events. Allow transfer from this mode to online regular PVE or PVP. The only difference is that in this mode you are solo on your map to keep your personal progress saved or if you just want to breed solo without any tribe destroying your base on pvp or as your own private room for pve.

2. It its time to create something that allows to store everything you own in that one thing without  needing to render a base. 

Every single person should have this. one per IP address. That way if you need a long vacation you dont come to start from 0 again. Make our hours count. All online games have this...why not ark?

3. For players with over 10k hours Ark should have a special privilege of double-ling the time  before things despawn. This should be specially a thing in pve. There should be some special perks for long time Ark players.

4. Characters should be saved on the computer not on the servers online. That way you can always comback to your 130+ level character without worrying if its going to disappear. 

5. Last but not least, Allow transfers from official pve to solo mode. That ways if you are done with Ark online you can take your things back to solo mode. This should be the lazy thing to do if they dont want to do the other things. At least you dont have to ruing you solo game by cheating to spawn everything super high level. That way the game would still follow its natural progression. 

Not sure if you really thought through your ideas. Number 1 will never work for pvp. Basically you r hiding in solo play mode with your stuff untill you have your mega army ready and boom suddenly appear back on server? That change would make pvp servers empty when everyone hides safe at solo mode. And opens even more exploits for both modes.

2. Nah not gonna work this part of game development. And far form all centralized server using multiplayer games have that.

4. Your profile is already saved on your computer right now. If character data on servers are saved on your computer, how many exploits would be found and used? There is a reason why none of the mmos have local saves for your characters. And how were you planning on transferring your character back to server?

5. This i agree on.

1. this isn't necessary. You purchased the game and the server software which is all you need to play it. the official servers are an additional service offered to players at cost to the company and honestly they are run at much larger populations than the game was designed for.  It would also be a security nightmare. There is a reason multiplayer games moved away from letting the client handle these sorts of things.
  2. This defeats the inventory management aspect of a survival game.  This isn't minecraft creative mode.
  3. that is super easy to spoof. i am pretty sure most people with over 10k hours haven't actually played that long. all you need to do is just leave the client running for a few weeks.
  4. No, this is not secure.
  5. if it was a one way trip i don't see a problem with shipping stuff from any server to single player mode.

12 hours ago, Kaprosuchus said:
  1. this isn't necessary. You purchased the game and the server software which is all you need to play it. the official servers are an additional service offered to players at cost to the company and honestly they are run at much larger populations than the game was designed for.  It would also be a security nightmare. There is a reason multiplayer games moved away from letting the client handle these sorts of things.
  2. This defeats the inventory management aspect of a survival game.  This isn't minecraft creative mode.
  3. that is super easy to spoof. i am pretty sure most people with over 10k hours haven't actually played that long. all you need to do is just leave the client running for a few weeks.
  4. No, this is not secure.
  5. if it was a one way trip i don't see a problem with shipping stuff from any server to single player mode.

Lets argue against this in a logical matter.

1. It is necessary because players should always have options to save progress if you dont want to play it online. Since when less options is better for the players? Look what happened to Fallout! They were all about the money and less options ...now they are....not in a safe place as a company. Giving what the costumer needs is more beneficial to the game and the company on the long run.  Also, this will stop people having to kill themselves when the new DLCs are release to lower populations of online servers by allowing players to play in an offline/online mode  in which they can transfer dinos in and out(obviously a mode in which cheats are off). Also, Ark has so many security issues that this is irrelevant. We have servers online with people dupping still, playing with cheats online (we have a guy with [][] tribe in our server who has modify ark to open gifts and take everything with one button), we have people who knows how to exploit lag, and more. So dont you SECURITY ME ISSUES!

2. Inventory Management? what do you mean? the offline idea i said was to be played on another offline or online mode with cheats off. I dont know if you missed that. Also, its just an inventory...i dont know what is the "Management" you are talking about lol 

Ark has the simplest management inventory ever and by the way, kinna similar to Maincraft. Just simple designs of inventory management. That is what is great about both.

3. My 10k plus hours has been actually playing online. You can find me on Valguero 545 pve pc! I people know me across pve official PC as Orion or OliverQueen. Give me a visit :D 

4 You repeat your self here...not being secure. Ark isnt secure lol i mean, people still cheat to this day in official PVE and PVP. [][][][][]<<<<and we know who lol

5. I do agree with this as a lazy option if they did wanted an easy out. But i think creating an OFfline mode or online mode where you could transfer in and out would be better. Obviously with CHEATS OFF. 

7 minutes ago, CamCam123 said:

Lets argue against this in a logical matter.

1. It is necessary because players should always have options to save progress if you dont want to play it online. Since when less options is better for the players? Look what happened to Fallout! They were all about the money and less options ...now they are....not in a safe place as a company. Giving what the costumer needs is more beneficial to the game and the company on the long run.  Also, this will stop people having to kill themselves when the new DLCs are release to lower populations of online servers by allowing players to play in an offline/online mode  in which they can transfer dinos in and out(obviously a mode in which cheats are off). Also, Ark has so many security issues that this is irrelevant. We have servers online with people dupping still, playing with cheats online (we have a guy with [][] tribe in our server who has modify ark to open gifts and take everything with one button), we have people who knows how to exploit lag, and more. So dont you SECURITY ME ISSUES!

2. Inventory Management? what do you mean? the offline idea i said was to be played on another offline or online mode with cheats off. I dont know if you missed that. Also, its just an inventory...i dont know what is the "Management" you are talking about lol 

Ark has the simplest management inventory ever and by the way, kinna similar to Maincraft. Just simple designs of inventory management. That is what is great about both.

3. My 10k plus hours has been actually playing online. You can find me on Valguero 545 pve pc! I people know me across pve official PC as Orion or OliverQueen. Give me a visit :D 

4 You repeat your self here...not being secure. Ark isnt secure lol i mean, people still cheat to this day in official PVE and PVP. [][][][][]<<<<and we know who lol

5. I do agree with this as a lazy option if they did wanted an easy out. But i think creating an OFfline mode or online mode where you could transfer in and out would be better. Obviously with CHEATS OFF. 

• less options are better when new options they create security problems for everyone and only benefit a very small niche player base. i could care less if they impliment what you ask as long as it doesn't affect how i play.
  • you didn't clarify what you mean only that we needed a way to store everything without rendering things to me that means not being at your house or even logged in.
  • that's great. neither of us have any way to prove it, and most people spend alot of time doing nothing or leaving it running.
  • I repeat myself because it was a point by point analysis and they won't do this due to there being security issues, they would have to make single player entirely different than it is and i don't want to be managed in single player.
  • still agree with point number 5
  • I feel like you want this game to not be the game it is or like we play a different game maybe.

On 12/30/2019 at 5:59 AM, CamCam123 said:

Really happy to see you trying to come up with constructive ideas of how to address issues. ? However, I don't agree with a few things:

1. Lets say that they do get the additional server space to do this (but mind you, even with just one person population, it would need a lot of servers to run so many individual maps), it would still be easy to cheat as you had free reign over all dinos and could more easily tame any creature you wanted - and a much larger number, without taming cap! - creating an unfair advantage. It would also give no reason to stay in the multiplayer maps as anything there could be raided. With everyone hiding in their own solo modes, the multiplayer maps would be deserted. Except maybe for new players that would be instantly (more instantly?) wiped by tribes breeding and building in safe havens. I fail to see how there would be any incentive for anyone playing on the multiplayer maps, but please explain if I'm missing something.

2. Not sure what you mean by this.

3. (Here I'm also quoting you from another post saying your 10k hours were all during play) That's all good. The problem here is that other people could just leave the game on 24/7 for a year or so and get to that number. The issue here is with Steam and how Steam doesn't differentiate between being in the menu and being in the game. So while you got your hours legit, it would be far too easy for someone else to get it by just keeping the game on. 

But even saying they implemented their own time tracking (so that the above problem is solved as well as making it work for all platforms, not just the PC users that are on Steam) - it creates a sort of elitism I'm not too fond of. However, the example you're given is insignificant enough that I could live with it. I just wouldn't want to see something that gives an actual advantage: players that have played for that long already have an extreme advantage in know-how, equipment, tames and connections over starting players which I think is a problem for ARK: it's just too hard to start out on your own!

4. The issue with this, that I believe is what @Kaprosuchus is referring to by "security issues" is that it's much easier - extremely so -  to crack and alter files on your own computer. As soon as you allow players to store files on their own computer that are then used online, you create an insane incentive - and opportunity - for cheating. I get that by the sounds of officials, you probably think that it's bad enough already, but I promise you, that would make it a million times worse. This is a security issue. 

5. As others have said before: I see no issue with downloading your save and continuing in single player, but I wouldn't want to see the ability of going back to online. The reasons outlined in point 1 and 4 being the reason for this: Solo mode creates an advantage I wouldn't want people to bring back to multiplayer as well as storing files locally making it so easy to alter the files and just add whatever information you wanted. The only advantage to this I can see is it would take away the need for dupers to lag the servers when duping so the playing experience would be smoother... although with a higher number of dupes (or just added any creature they wanted!).

4 hours ago, CamCam123 said:

that is as good question. but i think is because offline mode has cheats enable. They should make an offline mode of cheats off and allow that. That would also make sense. Like an Expert Survivor Mode

Data stored client side is open to exploits and hacks big time ... even with cheats off

• 2 weeks later...

Archived