Linux Server will not update past 304.22

Zhandroid

Linux Server will not update past 304.22

So, as the title indicates my linux server will not update past 304.22. I've tried installing to a new directory, deleting steam cache, and even reformatted my server. (That was in the works anyways and just took advantage to get it done...) I always get the same version of 304.22

Now, looking at the "public" branch on steamdb it appears that the latest version was published 8 days ago...  https://steamdb.info/app/376030/depots/  How are people updating to the new version on their servers when the latest published version is 304.22?

So yea still nothing. There's a few servers still on 304.22 but I'm not sure if they just haven't tried to update or what. Can anyone confirm that this is normal? I"m using the standard steamcmd command with nothing special!!

steamcmd +login anonymous +force_install_dir /home/ark/ARK +app_update 376030 validate +quit

On 12/31/2019 at 3:36 PM, Zhandroid said:

So yea still nothing. There's a few servers still on 304.22 but I'm not sure if they just haven't tried to update or what. Can anyone confirm that this is normal? I"m using the standard steamcmd command with nothing special!!

steamcmd +login anonymous +force_install_dir /home/ark/ARK +app_update 376030 validate +quit

im having the same issue cant seem to update server on linux 

On 1/3/2020 at 2:26 PM, VirtualLiquid said:

Has anyone been able to upgrade past 304.22 - 1/3/2020 - I am still not able to get past it, I added validate to the end of my startup string and it verified without updating anything.

Nope, still no update here. Seems that it's a Linux server thing. Luckily, it's compatible with the current client so it's not game breaking but still annoying. Guess we just sit and wait....

1 minute ago, VirtualLiquid said:

Thank you for the update Zhandroid, I did not know that. Keep me posted if you hear anything else. I was not sure where else to find this information out.

Yea np. I just tweeted the team in hopes to get someone to fix. There was a version rollback to 304.22 and it seems to be stuck on that rollback version perhaps? Either way, I'll keep updating!

Archived