Santa Gachas not eating or giving gifts?>

JetJaguar

2 hours ago, Vigis said:

don't put food inside while they eating . i just feed them with mistletoe and when they stop eating those put 1 coal so it eats both . after that its good to go again .

I try to only put food in them when they are eating :P as long as they keep hitting bushes they keep eating and dropping crystals.

On 12/29/2019 at 3:13 PM, DomiDarko said:

There's rumours that you have to feed them 1 mistletoe and 1 coal at the same time and they have to be near bushes they can smack... Not tested it yet, but I had the bug before I got my final Chibis for my collection from Raptor Claus.

3 hours ago, Vigis said:

don't put food inside while they eating .

My experiences contradict both of these: I've moved a Gacha Claus to an enclosure in my base that has no bushes for them to smack and I've been getting the crystals. I've also given them just mistletoe and just coal and both worked. I've put stacks in them so that they have food all the time and that has worked. I've put food in them while they're sitting down eating and that worked.

However, what I have noticed is that sometimes they won't eat the mistletoe, as others have pointed out as well. And as @deedoubleu said, removing the mistletoe and only feeding coal seems to reset it and then I can feed it mistletoe again.

The Santa Gachas are so frustrating! I mostly need chibis from them at this point (I have 34 out 54) but I think I give up. People have said to make sure they slap the ground and then will definitely drop a crystal but mine never slap the ground, even when surrounded by plants. People have also said to just give them 1 coal or 1 mistletoe at a time but when I do that, they drop nothing at all.

I play on xbox, so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it... but I end up having to give individual stacks of each, with some coal between the mistletoe because it will bug out and not eat the mistletoe otherwise. It irritates me to no end that people are able to get so many extra chances at getting items because theirs will take individual pieces instead of the stacks of 10 of each.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to collect all of the chibis and when I actually do get those instead of stupid dino candies or mastercraft stone picks [emoji849], I get duplicates of ones I already have over and over again.

2 hours ago, Pocolate said:

The Santa Gachas are so frustrating! I mostly need chibis from them at this point (I have 34 out 54) but I think I give up. People have said to make sure they slap the ground and then will definitely drop a crystal but mine never slap the ground, even when surrounded by plants. People have also said to just give them 1 coal or 1 mistletoe at a time but when I do that, they drop nothing at all.

I play on xbox, so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it... but I end up having to give individual stacks of each, with some coal between the mistletoe because it will bug out and not eat the mistletoe otherwise. It irritates me to no end that people are able to get so many extra chances at getting items because theirs will take individual pieces instead of the stacks of 10 of each.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to collect all of the chibis and when I actually do get those instead of stupid dino candies or mastercraft stone picks [emoji849], I get duplicates of ones I already have over and over again.

I have had a 100 percent crystal droppage by;

Dropping 1 mistletoe on ground, when they pick up I put 3 coal in their inventory. When they sit down to drop a crystal, I drop another mistletoe to start the next round and repeat.

Done this the last 15 times and got 15 crystals. 

13 hours ago, Zahlea said:

My experiences contradict both of these: I've moved a Gacha Claus to an enclosure in my base that has no bushes for them to smack and I've been getting the crystals. I've also given them just mistletoe and just coal and both worked. I've put stacks in them so that they have food all the time and that has worked. I've put food in them while they're sitting down eating and that worked.

However, what I have noticed is that sometimes they won't eat the mistletoe, as others have pointed out as well. And as @deedoubleu said, removing the mistletoe and only feeding coal seems to reset it and then I can feed it mistletoe again.

You are right. Dont feed them both. Only one or other at a time. Also in my experience mistletoes give you more colored crystals aka crap that goes instantly into grinder. Coal gives more holiday stuff and chibis.

On gachas eating the stuff but not dropping no crystals is motly because they dont have any crystals on their back to drop. Look that there is crystals hanging in there before feeding. It takes a moment for new ones to grow unless they are bugged.

15 hours ago, Pocolate said:

I’ve experienced this as well and it is SO annoying and unfair players are wasting time and resources farming in the wrong way. The fact they had a competition to the first to collect them all without even explaining HOW it’s supposed to work is also SUPER uncool. The fact I have spent hours grinding this using stacks of 10 coal because that’s all that would work for me and others have got crystals from just a single coal each time is infuriating.

19 hours ago, Luewen said:

You are right. Dont feed them both. Only one or other at a time. Also in my experience mistletoes give you more colored crystals aka crap that goes instantly into grinder. Coal gives more holiday stuff and chibis.

On gachas eating the stuff but not dropping no crystals is motly because they dont have any crystals on their back to drop. Look that there is crystals hanging in there before feeding. It takes a moment for new ones to grow unless they are bugged.

I agree, especially with the end here. I think it requires just a little bit of patience. I think we need to wait between feedings to give the crystals some time to grow on its back.

At this point, most annoying part for me is defending gachas from wild dinos. Even compy will come and try to kick their asses and you need to kill it without hitting the gacha that runs away in place, stuck in trees.  

Also I'm feeding 2-3 gachas at a time. Otherwise all those cooldowns take too long. Try to process 100 coal and you will feel the pain too.  

With some patience and a lot of work you can gather a group from few individual gachas using wyvern wing flap, guess gasbags would work also, but didn't tried it myself.

Archived