ORP needs some love

Gribbles

Suggestion

ORP needs some love

I know a lot of folks hate ORP.  With the way it's set up I can really see why.  You can't win a war.  You can't clear annoying spam that tribes place just to be jerks. Abusers hide behind ORPed gates so on and so forth.  However, it allows people to play in smaller groups and still have a life with work and family.  It's nice to be able to have your tribe log off and not worry about where their 500 hours of time went when they log back on and see no beds.  2 ideas I thought of that I think would go a long way with making ORP better:

1- ORP is a timer that charges while online and counts down while offline.  Standard is- you create a tribe and you have say... 5 days worth of ORP.  As your tribe is online, the ORP timer goes up to a max of say... 20 days.  When your tribe logs off and your ORP kicks in, your structures are ORPed, and your 20 day timer is counting down.  Should you be ORPed more than online and your ORP timer hits '0', you structures are no longer protected and open for attack even when offline.  I think this would eventually lead to clearing of spam and abandoned bases from tribes that are simply just refreshing and ORPing with no real activity.  Which would make server clutter and lag less (not gone, it's WC) of a problem.  Also, when at war, it would prevent a "defeated" tribe from holding out indefinitely by abusing ORP.  This would eliminate quite a few ORP tickets and investigations WC has to (eventually/maybe) look at if players can see an end in sight to abuse.

For tribes that don't abuse ORP and are active, you still have the feature of being protected while being at work or with family.  An additional option to voluntarily switch ORP off for your tribe I think would be an added bonus to allow your timer to go up and also protect against meshing should you desire but not a necessity.

2- For ORP clusters, your tribes are cluster-wide.  Explaining: when you make a tribe on SE, and you go to Rag, you are still in that same tribe.  This stops a single survivor from having 7 different tribes on 7 maps.  This would cut back on the hiding combined with ORP abuse and help tribes actually win a war.  The ORP timer will still be independent on maps.  But adding/kicking a member will remove them from entire tribe, on all maps.  

I'm actually interested in hearing feedback on these ideas.

1 reply to this server topic

Archived