Christmas lag?

nameless

Aylana,

What agenda are you pushing with the constant cries for wipes? Nearly every comment in a thread somehow comes back to your plea for PVE server wipes. Jealous of someone elses dinos?/base? Did someone do you wrong?

A PVE wipe is not in the best interest of anyone at WC or the playerbase. Most of the time people will spew propaganda on here to justify a PVE wipe out of pure self interest. 

I've played this game since it went up on Steam; Ive seen countless arguments on the old Steam forums and on here. A simple search will show you threads dating back years over wipes, lag issues, etc. 

We all know the game was originally designed with PVP in mind. So either you insinuate the WC folks are idiots who had and have no clue about coding the game and how to handle the playerbase/buildings/dinos, or they dont know how to design their own game.. 

I think on some level, the WC folks never imagined the game would continue on to the degree it has. But here it is and they are continuing to push out xpacs. A solution IS needed for the massive refreshed bases that sit unused on servers. But a full out wipe is not and thats a falsehood thats been propagated since almost the first month of release with people unhappy/jealous of their neighbors and other players...

The event has created lag issues for sure. Maybe the snow texturing? Maybe the many Gacha Clauses? It doesnt help with the holidays and game on sale a new influx of players flooding servers as well. Combine the two and you have the issues you are having now..

4 hours ago, JetJaguar said:

Aylana,

What agenda are you pushing with the constant cries for wipes? Nearly every comment in a thread somehow comes back to your plea for PVE server wipes. Jealous of someone elses dinos?/base? Did someone do you wrong?

A PVE wipe is not in the best interest of anyone at WC or the playerbase. Most of the time people will spew propaganda on here to justify a PVE wipe out of pure self interest. 

I've played this game since it went up on Steam; Ive seen countless arguments on the old Steam forums and on here. A simple search will show you threads dating back years over wipes, lag issues, etc. 

We all know the game was originally designed with PVP in mind. So either you insinuate the WC folks are idiots who had and have no clue about coding the game and how to handle the playerbase/buildings/dinos, or they dont know how to design their own game.. 

I think on some level, the WC folks never imagined the game would continue on to the degree it has. But here it is and they are continuing to push out xpacs. A solution IS needed for the massive refreshed bases that sit unused on servers. But a full out wipe is not and thats a falsehood thats been propagated since almost the first month of release with people unhappy/jealous of their neighbors and other players...

The event has created lag issues for sure. Maybe the snow texturing? Maybe the many Gacha Clauses? It doesnt help with the holidays and game on sale a new influx of players flooding servers as well. Combine the two and you have the issues you are having now..

influx of players is unlikely, most of my servers are almost empty now

now I am wondering if there is a way to turn off holiday texture in client...…...

The lag is for several reasons honestly take your pick but this only applies to PVE and not towards the actual breeders.
poo poo Pc's
poo poo internet connections
servers not regional based,  (NA in NA not germany)  OC in OC, ASIA in ASIA
huge bases empty or full of useless show ponies
way over built area's with several people rendering/derendering said area's
all the breeding events way more than any other year
all the color events
the list goes on and on but what is the point in listing them, honestly all you'll get is "your just trying to tell me how to play the game". But seriously what did you think was gonna happen when you have a x2 everything and color event lasting 3 weeks all at the same time.

Just because they turned either features of game play or functions of dino's off doesn't mean they gave any thought about PVE it was just a quick fix. For those that wanted to play the game without it being PVP it has always been a band aid on a shotgun wound. The game mechanics are completely different in PVE vs PVP so just turning some elements of the game off just wont cut it.  Make PVE, PVE and reinstate beta rates so for those that don't know would be 1/2 of what you get now during normal time.

Your not gonna have a big base with a roof full of cloned color wyvren's, reapers, griffins and whatever other dino they deem they need to have regardless of level. PVP takes care of itself, there is nothing to keep PVE players in check. Two thirds of the PVE server population are solo - 3 people in the tribe yet huge bases and almost tribe capped with cloned show ponies. 

Colored dino's should of been how it was in beta breeding mutations only, more than 1/2 the people wouldn't put in the effort to get one. Let alone tame 30+ jerboa's or raise a level 30 wyvern or raise a level 50 dino just for it to have a standard color.
Structure limit can still be trimmed down and really have no effect on game play, with the kibble rework and cryo pods there is no reason to have 400+ dino's out at a time period. 

Even if you had 10 people in a tribe 3 wyvrens a piece, a pair of quetz or kark, 4 ankys, 2 doeds, 10 argies, 19 rexs, 1 yuti, 10 snow owls, 5 pairs of gacha's,  10 giga's,  and 150 miscellaneous dino's for kibble and other things that's still 250 dino's. Obviously that's just an example and the 150 miscellaneous should cover kibble and other utility dino's.

Out of all the servers I play on Extinction is the worst on average theres 5-10 people on at any given time and its unplayable, for the reasons I listed above its the dino storage lot because element is like water. If your on there you get " lost connection to host" bring up the server browser and there is no one or 1 person on the server.  Rejoin the server and those that were on rejoin, my in game ping goes from 40's to 200-255 once the others rejoin and that is the loop, server gets so much latency it boots everyone and this happens 2-3 times a server save. It doesn't crash it just boots everyone, so you have 2 options either rejoin and try and finish what you were doing before you loose connection again. Or just stay off till the event ends and hope the people loose interest and everything auto decays.  

they could actualy wipe 4 servers every moth starting count from 1 and so on so even if you start on a new server theres atleast few years before you actualy will need to move to another one to not lose your stuff that way old players that only come to reset theyre huuge bases and 500 dinos just standing there for no reason and cousing lag would disapear and make room for new players to come and play . the things on pve as they are now with pillars everywhere and tame limit cap reached 99% of a time is just stupid . 

I am thinking, maybe this lag is related to mana/velon nerf?

I don't have any definitive proof, but there ae correlations:

1, the lag wasn't there when the event started, before the nerf

2, the nerf made a more complex function for velon's stamina consumption and mana's movement limits

3, extinctions servers seem to be the major victim of the lag, these happens to be the place with the most (active) mana/velons 

• 1 month later...

Archived