Christmas lag?

nameless

LAg on officials: Worse and worse...

I play on the Island PVE 48 server. Lag is just getting worse and worse..its like the old days when the game first came out and you would rubberband/warp back to what you were last doing. I think you can play 20 mins or so fine and then its lagville. Why? The game used to support 60 players then it got bumped to the current 70. It cant even support 20 online; can you imagine 70???? Why is this an issue when the games been out for years now?

45 minutes ago, JetJaguar said:

Wipes should NOT be occurring on PVE servers. Period.

The stability and handling of 70 players and bases should have been envisioned at the games creation; not an issue 2 years later down the road.

That is impossible to foresee 2 to 3 years forward how the server performance is gonna be. There is no way to tell what has gone into the game at that point.

And ark was planned to be pvp game at the start. PVE was after thought. You can blame the current lag to huge box bases that ppl keep reseting once a week and not even playing. Just keep reseting them week after week for months.

2 hours ago, JetJaguar said:

The stability and handling of 70 players and bases should have been envisioned at the games creation; not an issue 2 years later down the road.

just wipe server s one by one, and make people transfer their things around……...

I too experience increasing lag and rubber banding on all servers I play currently 7 servers what I have noticed as I travel around are huge bases and I mean HUGE!!

and also some bases with excessive number of tec cloning  devices and I am talking excess of 30 and I notice gigas in base too many to count they packed like sardines now if that doesn’t cause issues with lag then I will eat my hat, why would anyone need such an amount of clones or dinos it’s beyond my comprehension 

1 hour ago, Dayley said:

I too experience increasing lag and rubber banding on all servers I play currently 7 servers what I have noticed as I travel around are huge bases and I mean HUGE!!

and also some bases with excessive number of tec cloning  devices and I am talking excess of 30 and I notice gigas in base too many to count they packed like sardines now if that doesn’t cause issues with lag then I will eat my hat, why would anyone need such an amount of clones or dinos it’s beyond my comprehension 

Me too...….

Gigas are probably for mutations

15 hours ago, JetJaguar said:

Not wiping is directly related to the increased clutter and lag.

Survival games like this weren't designed for PvE. Ark wasn't. PvE was just turning off PvP with no foresight for the longterm consequences.

The best solution for WC (best in a business sense) would be discontinuing official PvE servers. Release the save files like legacy. Then either wipe or turn on PvP.

11 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

Survival games like this weren't designed for PvE. Ark wasn't. PvE was just turning off PvP with no foresight for the longterm consequences.

The best solution for WC (best in a business sense) would be discontinuing official PvE servers. Release the save files like legacy. Then either wipe or turn on PvP.

And this will achieve what exactly? Pvp servers lag as well.

Also discontinuing more popular gametype is not wise at all to put it lightly, it is as far from best solution as it gets.

Reporting server outage is the best solution to catch their attention on this problem I think. 

Having the same issue on pve Island43, server freezes every 5 minutes instead of 15 minutes, sometimes with a connection loss. Not every players are getting kicked while those lags occurs. 

The problem is not happening on my Aberration server. 

This is getting out of hand, I play on Island PvE and ever since the event the lag has been getting worse to the point where the server is constantly  crashing. I was used to the 15 minute world saves, but as said above it seems that there is a save every 5 minutes now. The server I play on is currently down. The most recent glitch is the game will crash for all players on the server but the server seems fine. WC needs to focus on fixing the game and improving the servers before releasing new content.

1 hour ago, STEVEC said:

This is getting out of hand, I play on Island PvE and ever since the event the lag has been getting worse to the point where the server is constantly  crashing. I was used to the 15 minute world saves, but as said above it seems that there is a save every 5 minutes now. The server I play on is currently down. The most recent glitch is the game will crash for all players on the server but the server seems fine. WC needs to focus on fixing the game and improving the servers before releasing new content.

One of the servers I am on rebooted nd the lag is gone.... for now
I believe Christmas event introduced a server side memory leak

23 hours ago, deedoubleu said:

And this will achieve what exactly? Pvp servers lag as well.

Also discontinuing more popular gametype is not wise at all to put it lightly, it is as far from best solution as it gets.

Then wipes are necessary unless you want the lag. And maybe even more restrictions on dino and structure limits.

1 hour ago, Aylana314159 said:
On 12/28/2019 at 9:30 AM, Aylana314159 said:

Then wipes are necessary unless you want the lag. And maybe even more restrictions on dino and structure limits.

I don't know how the others think about this, but personally, I feels like you are suggesting that the best way to cure heart disease is to remove the heart...…...

1 hour ago, nameless said:

I don't know how the others think about this, but personally, I feels like you are suggesting that the best way to cure heart disease is to remove the heart...…...

PvE would need to be a completely re-envisioned mode that accounts for longterm stability and forced player cooperation mechanics. As it is now, the server ecosystem isn't sustainable.

Maybe if there are environmental threats. Tamed dinos going crazy, destructive earthquakes/tornadoes/tidal waves/etc.

I doubt WC would actually spend the time and money to do this.

Archived