Phantom death?

Heisenberg908

Phantom death?

So i was flying along on my mana on xbox official pve the island and suddenly after a small lag i'm taken to the respawn sceeen as if ive died. Theres no cross on the map to show where i apparently did die nor anything in the log about me our my mana which is now gone along with all my gear. Any suggests as to what the hell just happened? 

1 hour ago, Heisenberg908 said:

Phantom death?

So i was flying along on my mana on xbox official pve the island and suddenly after a small lag i'm taken to the respawn sceeen as if ive died. Theres no cross on the map to show where i apparently did die nor anything in the log about me our my mana which is now gone along with all my gear. Any suggests as to what the hell just happened? 

This is a known bug. Has been around for a while.

Basically, the theory is (and I stress THEORY) is that on Extinction, there is no invisible barrier like the other Arks, just a kill ceiling, you go to high, you die. 

Well, if you take a Mana to a new map and go too high, the Mana (which is coded to die if it goes to high on Extinction) will die. The game THINKS you're on Extinction and that you have surpassed the kill volume, so it kills you.

This has been known to happen mainly to Manas on other maps.

Archived