Galli, Kapro, Kangaroo, and Megalo carry since update

IvyOfARK

Suggestion

Galli, Kapro, Kangaroo, and Megalo carry since update

I understand why the drag weight changes were made to these creatures- it's a little op to be able to carry multiple players with a creature like a wyvern that should only carry two at max. However, I've found that the change has made it needlessly difficult to tame transport these creatures. 

Gallimimus, Kapro, and the Kangaroo tend to be native to dangerous areas like mountains/swamps/highlands, where carrying them to a taming pen is almost a necessity. Luring them to a taming pen with a rare flower is likely to end with other creatures in the pen, which may pose a threat to the target tame. Not only this, but galli and kangaroo are some of the fastest creatures in the game, and are near impossible to aim at and keep up with on even tamed Dinos, let alone on foot. 

Another problem is posed after this. Even if one can tame them, transporting them back to base is a serious challenge without access to cryopods, something that a fair amount of early players won't have access too. 

All of these factors may turn players away from these creatures, as the challenge of taming them may outshine the benefits they offer. I myself really enjoy them, but have become really frustrated with how difficult it's become to get my hands on them with no additional reward. 

Maybe it's a bit nitpicky, but it's also unrealistic to me. If quetzal can carry a MAMMOTH, it's strange to see it unable to lift a small crocodile. 

My suggestion is to alter the way pickup works with these creatures. Maybe, if one of these creatures has more than one player "riding" it, pickup will automatically fail? Or maybe there could be a new setting which toggles the ability to carry a creature with multiple riders. 

I would greatly appreciate a change to this, as I really enjoyed taming these creatures before. I hope my statement can make a difference. 

EDIT: one thing worth specifying is that with the drag weight, you can also no longer bola these creatures for taming, so there's another option out. 

0 replies to this server topic

There have been no replies to this suggestion yet

Archived