Unable to travel to another server

kuhnamie

Unable to travel to another server

I created a cluster about 5 months ago and have had several issues, all that were either mistake or were easy enough to find the answer. Cluster has been working fine for a long time but suddenly this week i am unable to travel to my other map in the cluster through the obelisk. It simply says no sessions found. Everyone else that plays on my server seems to be able to connect through this way with ease. 

The maps show up in my favorites and through the LAN option for me but when i choose unofficial (and yes i have checked all the drop downs and the Show password protected option) neither show up. I am wondering if these two things are connected. 

Nothing has changed as far as my configuration, i know my mods and server are up to date as i can connect to them fine through Favorites or LAN. And like i said this has been working fine for months without real issue. Any idea if anything changed recently i may be missing? 

Thanks. 

try logging out and selecting that server and logging in and see if it gives you the option to download a character there is a bug that sometimes causes your character to get duplicated for some reason I am not sure how it happens but I know this is the solution to fixing it ps the character has all current and future tribe and imprint access

Are the servers on the same network as you're playing on or are you using a paid host?

Without knowing all the details it sounds like you're hosting and playing on the same network and something has changed with the NAT loopback settings, new router maybe or your router has been reset? when NAT loopback isn't enabled you can't transfer from an obelisk/beacon and have to upload your gear & character then quit and load back into the map you want to travel to while anyone connecting from outside your network will be able to transfer as normal

So i play on the same device i run the server on, i did a quick google search as i use one of the Xfinity router/modems and it doesnt have NAT Loopback. I have read a bunch about it as a lot of people have been saying that in forums, i just am unsure why it was working perfectly fine for months and then just stopped? 

Also i have tried to connect to my server via the public facing IP through Steam and get the error that it is not responding, ports are correctly forwarded through the router and ports are correctly identified in my server startup batch file. Also double checked that Windows Firewall is allowing those as well on both TCP/UDP.

I checked Xfinity/Comcast for known blocked ports and they do not fall within the ranges i use but am wondering if perhaps they are blocking them based on what i attempted above. 

Thinking  i may give them a call..

• 3 weeks later...

So...this is now 2020 and like 4~5 years after clustering was introduced?  Is the reason Genesis was delayed by a month because Wildcard is working feverishly on this issue??  I wonder why they managed to implement the ability to scan for servers on LAN before clustering even existed but they still haven't figured out how to show the LAN servers to other LAN servers?  Is that not a fairly similar issue fundamentally?  Maybe it's just considered low enough priority that there have been years of other things more worthy of their time.  I suppose most folks are not running 2+ servers and a client on a badass rig that don't also have the ability to go grab a loopback router?

For real though, wouldn't the fix they did for client LAN searches be almost identical for the server LAN searches?  It's not like there are any limiting factors outside of the strangely programmed search function because everything works fine if you can bounce of the WAN.

Archived