Crash during play (Happens on Atlas too)

Pelarus

Crash during play (Happens on Atlas too)

Hi! I have been playing ark for years on pc, and recently I have been getting this random crash that I have heard is associated with Nvidia cards. The main thing I get from this is Unreal engine has stopped due to D3D device lost. Something along the lines of that, and I also have a link to an imgur post which shows the full log.h7rKbFI.jpg

This log is very very similar to another game that is similar to ark called atlas. I got atlas yesterday wondering if it would crash just like ARK does and low and behold it did. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! I will also post this onto the ATLAS forums!

Thank you

~Pelarus

I don't know how to fix it for atlas, but I think this is the same crash that was plaguing me last year, and I recently advised this to someone else how I fixed mine (I had to redo it when I had to re-install), here is a link to that thread, I hope it works for you!

Edit: Sorry I linked to the pic they were showing, if you have clicked it just since I posted it (like a min ago) then I edited the link to the proper one.

• 3 months later...

Hello guys!
I had this problem long long times ago and I tried literally EVERYTHING to fix it... Reinstall drivers, underclocking gpu, launch options, verifying, registry edits, etc etc etc
What was finally the fix for me?
1.remove your graphic driver with DDU tool in safe mode
2. Install 399.24 WHQL driver
3. Prevent windows to automaticly update graphic drivers (you can search on google how to do it---registry+ windows settings+hide the drivers with a windows tool [ https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026726/windows-10-hide-updates-or-driver-updates ] )
4.done
And after that... 399.24 fixed it for me... Since that I haven't crash once?
I'm sure it worth a try.
(I have a GTX 1060 OC, i5 8400, 8GB RAM)

Archived