When is the last time your chibi's exp zeroed?

nameless

11 minutes ago, nameless said:

beside spontaneous reset, does chibi exp also reset in other ways? (Such like equiping on another character, transferring, so on and so on...…)

Not transferring. I earned level 1 on Val and level 2 and 3 on Extinction. 

Likewise this Chibi was given to me by a tribemate who named it but the xp additive is on my implant but I earned that xp. No idea what would happen if a leveled Chibi is given to another player.

20 hours ago, GP said:

Mine has never reset, I still upload mine to the transmitter until I get my 5 extra levels, regardless of whether there is any so called fix. I don't understand why people take such risks knowing there have been issues.

You know how many times people lose stuff that is uploaded in the ob due to unexpected server crashes? Just as risky in my opinion. Only difference is you can get the levels back but not the deleted item.

7 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

You know how many times people lose stuff that is uploaded in the ob due to unexpected server crashes? Just as risky in my opinion. Only difference is you can get the levels back but not the deleted item.

Definitely true and risky on officials for sure. However @GP plays on my cluster where the upload timers are set to a year before things expire and I have versioned backup scripts running hourly backing up the cluster files (as well as everything else). :) On official you takes your chances though I guess.

2 minutes ago, IanHighlander said:

Definitely true and risky on officials for sure. However @GP plays on my cluster where the upload timers are set to a year before things expire and I have versioned backup scripts running hourly backing up the cluster files (as well as everything else). :) On official you takes your chances though I guess.

Indeed... this is a dangerous world here...….

6 hours ago, IanHighlander said:

The game doesn't register/save uploaded items immediately on upload (in volatile memory only). It does register that the item/dino has left the map however. So if it crashes right after upload, which is a common time for crashes, then its gone from the map and gone from the transmitter/obelisk as well. As a result, I leave the game after uploading anything, which does save things, and then backup the appropriate files. 

Fortunately the most common crashes seem to happen on download, and by then I have files backed up. So there's really only a small window of 'risk', but its still a risk. 

1 hour ago, DeHammer said:

The game doesn't register/save uploaded items immediately on upload (in volatile memory only). It does register that the item/dino has left the map however. So if it crashes right after upload, which is a common time for crashes, then its gone from the map and gone from the transmitter/obelisk as well. As a result, I leave the game after uploading anything, which does save things, and then backup the appropriate files. 

Fortunately the most common crashes seem to happen on download, and by then I have files backed up. So there's really only a small window of 'risk', but its still a risk. 

Whilst that might be true in single player (possibly, I don't know for sure), in a clustered server there is a seperate cluster file that uploads are immediately saved to and nothing to do with the normal game saves which as you quite correctly state are held in volatile memory. This is how most duping methods work in the first place, they rely on the cluster file saving immediately, then crashing the server so that the volatile data doesn't save and rolls back to the previous save and there are now two instances of the items, one in the save and one uploaded in the cluster file.

1 hour ago, IanHighlander said:

Whilst that might be true in single player (possibly, I don't know for sure), in a clustered server there is a seperate cluster file that uploads are immediately saved to and nothing to do with the normal game saves which as you quite correctly state are held in volatile memory. This is how most duping methods work in the first place, they rely on the cluster file saving immediately, then crashing the server so that the volatile data doesn't save and rolls back to the previous save and there are now two instances of the items, one in the save and one uploaded in the cluster file.

We play on dedicated non-clustered. Good to know about the clustered server differences. You can dupe easily on dedicated non-clustered or non-dedicated as well. The data is stored on each players local PC (yes, even with dedicated servers). So you just upload something. Copy the file, then after downloading, put the file back in place with the upload still there and ready to download again. I will often just use it as a form of backup for unique dinos I don't want to lose. Upload, take a copy of the file, then download and play on. If ever I lose the unique dino, put the file back into place, and download. 

I've noticed over time that the biggest differences between server types seems to happen between non-clustered and clustered, regardless of whether they are dedicated, non-dedicated. We had ours clustered for a bit but didn't see much benefit and lots of downside, so we de-clustered. 

Archived