Stockings crashing game

Anonymouse

Stockings crashing game

So a few times when I have tried to hang stockings my game has crashed. I've gotten this message. This is a consistent problem - I can't actually select my holiday stockings in the game without it crashing right now. You can see it crashed the exact moment I select my stockings to hang.

It says I have 32 holiday stockings in the area (pretty sure that's just 32 holiday items in general though). I wasn't having problems placing items til now.

Screenshot.jpg

After some testing - all other holiday items seem to be working normally. I can place and remove trees wreaths and snowmen freely. Changing item slots, location or number of stocking in my inventory doesn't stop it from crashing. Removing the item from my inventory entirely and replacing it does nothing as well. Demolishing an already existing stocking was successful but attempting to replace with a new one crashed with the same results. 

This is on unofficial but no mods are installed.

Hey I have been having this same issue but I can't even get into a server. I am running a server through Survival Servers an outside server farm. My issue is Steam's Ark patch is 304.31 but the service for the dedicated is running 304.41. This has caused issues in the past when trying to connect xbox but that's the console. I was expecting more from PC but this has been three days of server tickets and research to play a game with friends. Even if I try to run a nondedicated server the game crashes and gives the same prompt as the guy above. Looks like it is something with the holiday update WHICH IS WHY I HAVE BEEN TRYING SO HARD TO PLAY. I remember this happened on Xbox with the Thanksgiving update so this is no surprise but I really need some advice on this because i'm slowly loosing my sanity reading forums and getting vague answers. If this is just a roll out thing I.E. Steam does not have access to the new patch, then when will it? If this is something I can change, how do I do it? If its the server service then I will cancel. But I could use any guidance on this matter.

Assertion failed: IsInGameThread() [File:e:\arksvn-trunk\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\materials\MaterialInstanceSupport.h] [Line: 30] 

VERSION: 304.31 
KERNELBASE.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007ff96aea9159) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
ShooterGame.exe!FOutputDevice::Logf__VA() (0x00007ff757b49178) + 159 bytes [e:\arksvn-trunk\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:145]
ShooterGame.exe!FDebug::AssertFailed() (0x00007ff757b49715) + 178 bytes [e:\arksvn-trunk\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:220]
ShooterGame.exe!UMaterialInstance::GetMaterial() (0x00007ff75881085b) + 74 bytes [e:\arksvn-trunk\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\materials\materialinstance.cpp:549]
ShooterGame.exe!FTextRenderSceneProxy::FTextRenderSceneProxy() (0x00007ff7585ebd82) + 0 bytes [e:\arksvn-trunk\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\textrendercomponent.cpp:413]
ShooterGame.exe!FScene::AddPrimitive() (0x00007ff75918a5ee) + 12 bytes [e:\arksvn-trunk\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\rendererscene.cpp:512]
ShooterGame.exe!FScene::UpdatePrimitiveTransform() (0x00007ff75918ad75) + 11 bytes [e:\arksvn-trunk\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\rendererscene.cpp:701]
ShooterGame.exe!UPrimitiveComponent::SendRenderTransform_Concurrent() (0x00007ff7584cdb72) + 0 bytes [e:\arksvn-trunk\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\primitivecomponent.cpp:328]
ShooterGame.exe!UActorComponent::DoDeferredRenderUpdates_Concurrent() (0x00007ff75826dca1) + 0 bytes [e:\arksvn-trunk\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\actorcomponent.cpp:1055]
ShooterGame.exe!`UWorld::SendAllEndOfFrameUpdates'::`22'::FDoRenderthreadUpdatesTask::DoTask() (0x00007ff7584451e4) + 0 bytes [e:\arksvn-trunk\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\leveltick.cpp:804]
ShooterGame.exe!TGraphTask<`UWorld::SendAllEndOfFrameUpdates'::`22'::FDoRenderthreadUpdatesTask>::ExecuteTask() (0x00007ff758447897) + 15 bytes [e:\arksvn-trunk\engine\source\runtime\core\public\async\taskgraphinterfaces.h:871]
ShooterGame.exe!FTaskThreadAnyThread::ProcessTasks() (0x00007ff757ab9016) + 0 bytes [e:\arksvn-trunk\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:1257]
ShooterGame.exe!FTaskThreadAnyThread::ProcessTasksUntilQuit() (0x00007ff757ab8d6e) + 0 bytes [e:\arksvn-trunk\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:1150]
ShooterGame.exe!FTaskThreadBase::Run() (0x00007ff757ab782b) + 0 bytes [e:\arksvn-trunk\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:622]
ShooterGame.exe!FRunnableThreadWin::Run() (0x00007ff757b9aac6) + 0 bytes [e:\arksvn-trunk\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsrunnablethread.cpp:73]
ShooterGame.exe!FRunnableThreadWin::GuardedRun() (0x00007ff757b9a988) + 8 bytes [e:\arksvn-trunk\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsrunnablethread.cpp:26]
KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction (0x00007ff96de87974) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007ff96e55a271) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007ff96e55a271) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]

Crash in runnable thread TaskGraphThreadNP 2

Same for me... Can't place anything holding text. Signs, billboards, gravestones, stockings...

But I could place them like two or three days ago.

EDIT:

In general, the whole game is running slower than few days ago. Main menu is loading longer, textures on the server are loading slower...

Nice, Wildcard. You are able to screw even few-megabytes tiny-fix of your fix of previously fixing a fix for another fix...

Archived