Basilosaurus in Viking Bay Untameable?

Gawdziller1954

So, me and a tribbie go down to Viking bay to tame a lvl 140 basilosaurus we found swimming around in there. Lo and behold, it's untameable. Neither me or my friend can feed it mutton. We don't even get a prompt saying "Put taming food into last slot in hotbar!", as we would if we didn't have the food. There's nothing at all. We can tame other Basilosaurus outside of Viking bay, so is this a bug or is it intended? This is on an official PVE server.

1 hour ago, Gawdziller1954 said:

So, me and a tribbie go down to Viking bay to tame a lvl 140 basilosaurus we found swimming around in there. Lo and behold, it's untameable. Neither me or my friend can feed it mutton. We don't even get a prompt saying "Put taming food into last slot in hotbar!", as we would if we didn't have the food. There's nothing at all. We can tame other Basilosaurus outside of Viking bay, so is this a bug or is it intended? This is on an official PVE server.

It is possible that someone else had already started feeding it and that starts it being tamed by them and it wont reset, they just keep losing food till they die.

1 minute ago, Cowgirl said:

It is possible that someone else had already started feeding it and that starts it being tamed by them and it wont reset, they just keep losing food till they die.

Ah, KK. This would fit, but the whale has been there for 2 days. We were surprised it didn't despawn at this point. Maybe that has something to do with it?

10 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

they have super high food to begin with.  a baby fresh born can take almost an hour to starve to death.  A full grown could take a long while to starve fully.

* i dont' know if this would work.  Try seeing if you can knock it out.  Should it work, it might wake up reset.

That's a good idea, I know with lystros if you KO them you have to go out of render and back in for them to wake up, it could take a long time for a basil to wake up.

1 hour ago, Gawdziller1954 said:

It's gone. If someone did feed it and never came back I think it starved.

That will happen, it happened to one that was near my base on theisland and it was a mid level so it only took a day. 

Edit: Actually now that I think about it I think it was only like level 25 or 40 or something maybe 65, not mid level.

Archived