Returning player with questions

Blusidian

Returning player with questions

TLDR: I am wondering if there is a decent NPC mod that has AI "Players" that form little tribes or villages and may or may not try to attack you or befriend you. Prefer one that is still being updated.

Longer version: I am considering returning to the game after nearly 2 years or so, And I am looking to start a server with a few friends to have some fun without the fear of alpha tribes, but also be able to each go at our own pace. The mod I would be most interested in would be one that has AI Humans so while we explore, there might be a little settlement here or there that could be interacted with in some form or another. Even something as simple as them attacking our main base(s) every so often so it presents some kind of challenge.

Any other recommended mods that might add some depth to the game?

Thank you all for any help, and happy holidays!

Hello,

I was also looking for this for some time, there is no such a mod, because it can't really be made without access to core source code of the game. Current modding interface is not good enough to create a mod on such a scale. So simple answer is - now there is no such a mod, although it's theoretically possible to create it if modding interface had more API's for "botting" implemented (similar to DOTA bot interface for example). Mechanics for bots is something that would have to be implemented in core-game code.

On 12/26/2019 at 10:42 AM, Boo said:

Hello,

I was also looking for this for some time, there is no such a mod, because it can't really be made without access to core source code of the game. Current modding interface is not good enough to create a mod on such a scale. So simple answer is - now there is no such a mod, although it's theoretically possible to create it if modding interface had more API's for "botting" implemented (similar to DOTA bot interface for example). Mechanics for bots is something that would have to be implemented in core-game code.

Not true. There was a mod that did exactly that. It was called Bush People but the author pulled the mod from the workshop and disappeared some time ago.

Have a look at Primal NPC's, not tested it myself so don't know how well it works, made by the people behind Primal Fear but it's standalone so can be used on a vanilla server or single player game without having all the Primal Fear stuff

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1803395040

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Mod:Primal_NPCs

Thanks for your input! So far i am trying Ark Settlements with the mod "Human NPC" and so far ive enjoyed the experience so far. Still working on making a settlement but i like that it spawns friendly npcs, and running into hostile NPC in the wilderness is kinda fun too. I will take a closer look at Primal here shortly to see how its different.

Archived