Restore System, must be implemented before Genisis release

MightyBanana

Suggestion

Item restore system

Because of you, today I lost a friend... Since when do we have tek teleporters?  Lets say a year.. Full tek suit, my wyvern, xmas gift and my friends dino which i borrowed. I used teleporter, boom dead, my dino got ported i went back no beam and no body.  

Thanks alot for debugging like a propper company. 

Now, hard feelings aside, world of warcraft is over 10 years old. They have implemented a system were it detects screwups if its on there end, it restores deleted items ( such as my case ). Why can't you implement a similar system? How can I convince my friend that I didn't lose this dino now?? 

Doesn't show in my logs and ofc your usless ticket system will answer my ticket after maybe 1 year.  Since you don't want to hire an admin per server, simply automate it, all items/dinos have IDS in the Database, simple programming can allow you to restore items and record a characters inventory BEFORE and AFTER teleport. 

#Ops our tek teleporter failed,  restore option
#Ops our upload failed, restore option

HARD?

4 replies to this server topic

I never died but have had dino's what I thought disappeared. 

In reality they often teleported as far as 300 feet away (if near water, check sky). 

Can also check the area around 50,50 as lost birds are often teleported there. 

If you find it in neither place (if teleporter is not near water, check a wide berth where it could be on the ground). 

The teleporter still needs to be fixed (check the video link where the teleporter ported me under the map and outside the Ragnarok barrier) but you may still be able to locate your friends Wyvern.

In this one, I eventually found the crab about 200 feet in the water in front of my base. It was behind a rock and down a hill. Luckily Crabs don't draw aggro from water creatures besides piranha's and scorpions.

11 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

I never died but have had dino's what I thought disappeared. 

This happened on extintion server, i died either because of thier undermesh insta dead zones or cus i got ported out of the map i guess.. who knows. its in thier server log, which they surely dont care to check. LETS make 1000000 thousand cute chibis, wilcard office yaay. 
Lets debug teleporters, wilcard office, no.

Restore System, must be implemented before Genisis release

Most of the popular MMO games have implemented a system where it restores players items if they are lost due to a bug/system failure such as " Uploading and server goes down, using a teleporter, your character recieves instant death no green beam and no body or bag on both A and B of the teleporters. 

This is a very critical issue and ark has been showing us many many surprises of this happening, there is no " Survival mode " in facing coding issues.. 
Players losing tames, inventories on teleporting/uploading/using ladders/using picks while climbing and many other things.

The system can simply make a copy of what the player has in his inventory " and it can detect if the player died in a wrong way or somthing happened to it that is not intended "
Everything has an ID, this is not impossible to implement and it will make a huge change in the game.

Archived