So... will we have a full release in june?

panteni87

More and more friends are asking me this, and I can only tell them: as far as i can guess you have to wait until christmas for full release. 

I would like some answers in this regard. And as an EA participant i think this is a reasonable question to ask. 

This is because a lot of my friends want to play this, but certainly not until it's finished. And i can tell them: no it won't, but how much truth is there in that answer?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Possibly, end of June? Between the amount of work still to be done and the Trendy distraction, I'm guessing more like Christmas as well.

People complain already when an update is promised but is late due to last minute bugs, etc... Best to be late and working properly then on time and loaded with bugs.

Full release is best done when everything has been added and fully tested. Even then, there will be more refining and content worked on with future worlds to explore. Ark is successful already and continues to hold one's interest as new content keeps getting added. Full release comes when hard copies of the game become available at the retail outlets. That will bring in a lot of new users that don't have access to unlimited data high speed internet.

I understand how it is all going now, and probably some decisions have been made that have heavily delayed patch releases. In december i thought: there's a lot to go, but they still got half a year left. 

By now, a lot of the things that were on the to-release list in december, are still there. And it's just 2 monthts until july. 
I know there's loads of posts like this one, and i know a lot of 'm are from me. But i have seen too many EA projects disappoint to keep all my trust in this one. I love the game how it is (although clearly not finished), but every time i hit the late game (and that comes quicker every time I start over) it becomes a game of gotta catch 6 of all, and wait until the next patch. 

I have a reasonable amount of hours in the game (about 700) and i have played the game since june or july from last year. And the game was worth every penny, every fraction of a penny i paid per hour. And it is for my love for this game that i want to see a healthy history. Because a name will stick to a developer studio like glue in the age of the internet, and if this release is somewhat "botched" the name will stick with 'm with the release of future EA projects (ark 2 anyone?). 

So no, i'm not complaining about this because i'm angry at the game, or angry at the playerbase, or angry or disappointed in the developers. But i'm complaining because this is not the last game i want to play from Wildcard. 

5 hours ago, panteni87 said:

More and more friends are asking me this, and I can only tell them: as far as i can guess you have to wait until christmas for full release. 

I would like some answers in this regard. And as an EA participant i think this is a reasonable question to ask. 

This is because a lot of my friends want to play this, but certainly not until it's finished. And i can tell them: no it won't, but how much truth is there in that answer?

If your friends are going to buy it, they should buy it before the price increases.

7 minutes ago, Shebeatsyoui said:

Yes i agree tell your homies to get it now and wait to play until release cause this game isn't gonna be worth full retail price. $35 is a good price.

Isn't going to be worth full retail? HAHAHAHA that's a laugh..

I've found more value in this little 35$ *Incomplete* gem than I ever have playing any AAA title, ever... but ok then~

9 minutes ago, Pabs said:

Isn't going to be worth full retail? HAHAHAHA that's a laugh..

I've found more value in this little 35$ *Incomplete* gem than I ever have playing any AAA title, ever... but ok then~

and im glad for you but full retail to me means "story mode" has to be somewhere. I want to know why im there and what happened when im finished. Yea the games awesome but it feels more like an endless survival sim with no direction or purpose exept "survive" well for how long? Simulators are not $60 games IMO. But im glad you like it so much maybe you can buy a few more copies for $60 when it releases I'm sure the devs wont mind :P

4 minutes ago, Shebeatsyoui said:

and im glad for you but full retail to me means "story mode" has to be somewhere. I want to know why im there and what happened when im finished. Yea the games awesome but it feels more like an endless survival sim with no direction or purpose exept "survive" well for how long? Simulators are not $60 games IMO. But im glad you like it so much maybe you can buy a few more copies for $60 when it releases I'm sure the devs wont mind :P

Ark does have a story; it's just not in the format of 'Missions'. You'll learn how you got on the Ark, the Ark's purpose, and how to escape. We'll see more of that when the Explorer Notes and Ruins drop. 

6 minutes ago, Shebeatsyoui said:

How many hours do you have played so far? 

If not Q4 of this year, then certainly early next year. I'm thinking February - March of 2017. Then again, we might be surprised. Tons of stuff they're working on that they've not really raised a fuss about. Like that Mysterious Lizard thing and the desert biome we've seen in that video (which might be part of 'Ark Prime' given that the recent digest says that's the focus currently). 

43 minutes ago, OnePotatoChip said:

If not Q4 of this year, then certainly early next year. I'm thinking February - March of 2017. Then again, we might be surprised. Tons of stuff they're working on that they've not really raised a fuss about. Like that Mysterious Lizard thing and the desert biome we've seen in that video (which might be part of 'Ark Prime' given that the recent digest says that's the focus currently). 

I definitely expect to see a Desert Biome in the current map! Can't wait for this games release, whenever it may be..  

ARK is love

They can take as long as they like as far as I'm concerned.  The game is very playable as is and every update is like a mini-DLC that doesn't cost me anything.  I've already spent far more time with this game than any in recent memory.

That said, I'll probably buy it for PS4 as well so i can play with some friends that don't have very good PCs.  Hopefully they get that working soonish.

As long as they release a working game, free of all the little bugs and glitches we see now, I don't mind release being early next year. But I highly doubt they will push the release so far from what they said it would be. So my guess is something like august to october with some bugs and glitches and a community uproar because the game is released "unfinished". 

4 hours ago, Hornedfrog85 said:

I dunno they just released 3 dinos and have about 38 left... If they did 4 in the next few updates plus the other stuff its possible for june..... But going on current problems i think it will be delayed too.... Sadly. And they haven't said theu done with dinos dossiers yet so that number could go up

Its not even about the dinos...just read all the digests so much stuff promised.

I have been saying Xmas for a while.  They still have tons of content to do, and then optimization and bug cleanup.  Unless they like triple their staff overnight, and get them up to speed overnight as well, I do not see ARK being release ready in June.

I have zero issues waiting.  I would rather it be a done product instead of something not ready to come out of the oven.  I can recall many AAA games who made that mistake in recent years.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, Painy said:

K so switch out promised with planned...Does it make a difference? Imo no.

Actually it does make a difference, particularly in the way people view things. So many people complain that WC keep breaking promises because something isn't delivered when it should be, or because the 2nd June release might not seem achievable. Breaking a promise and failing to meet a planned target are completely different things.

It doesn't make much of a difference in regards to things not being met on time, but the way people throw accusations it does make a big difference.

1 hour ago, GamerPerfection said:

Actually it does make a difference, particularly in the way people view things. So many people complain that WC keep breaking promises because something isn't delivered when it should be, or because the 2nd June release might not seem achievable. Breaking a promise and failing to meet a planned target are completely different things.

It doesn't make much of a difference in regards to things not being met on time, but the way people throw accusations it does make a big difference.

Okay yes in that scenerio it does but all I was doing is give my own estimate of when it will be released and I just wanted to explain why I think it will take that long and not criticise.

Sorry if it came across in that way.

Archived