3 update per day?

Jezzie

30 MINUTES

30 minutes after they say they are takeing the servers down they do...i log off think they were done put my dino baby out and it goes down plz stop with the events all it is more patch down time and hate this raporclaws drop is nothing but a rage fight every time at midnight people auto looting and just stealing every drop this event is the worse thing i ever seen 

8 minutes ago, Sikaflex said:

It's getting annoying the servers updating so often. Freaking test your crap before you release WC should be doing these changes ahead of time so when they turn on the event they know it works because they have been testing it months prior. Fact is, we are their QA department.

^^^ nothin I've read in the forums has been more accurate.

3 update per day?

Why there's so many update during event not on the normal day? You must be joking, can't we have a relax and enjoy able event. Not your stupid restart every few hours. I just took out about 20 babies, after 10min. i have to put them back in the pods again. NOT A EVENT FOR UPDATE. DO IT ON NORMAL DAY

I feel ya, here's some of what you have to take into consideration regarding the multiple updates during the events:

1. These events were covered in moth balls, they hadn't been out or used in a year or several years and needed to be updated to work correctly on the current version of the game.

2. Implementing changes in stages means if something goes horribly wrong they can revert back, fix the part that didn't work, and reapply it.  Much safer and causes less downtime if the whole network goes down for several hours while they sift through thousands of lines of coding. 

3. In between all this event stuff, the changes, exploit fixes, etc, there's also Genesis stuff being injected into the game so that when January hits, it'll be ready to roll on into the DLC smoothly.. *we hope.*

So, while I to am annoyed at the up and downs the servers are being put through and the inconveniences of being interrupted during taming/raising or Raptor Claus hunting, I'm also trying to be aware and thoughtful.

Archived