Changes in ARK that you like and dislike

nameless

Changes in ARK that you like and dislike

Personally, I really like how they repaired mesh (reduced tendency of item stucking in ground and can not be picked up) and the recent inventory changes.

I dis like how they changed flyers (a long long time ago) and manas. I can see the reasons behind but I think the change is too extreme.

I loath the Raptor Pounce. The speed alone was bad enough, but adding the ability to knock you off your tame and pin you to the ground with no way to escape is ridiculous. And it happens so quickly, that 9 times out of 10 you have no time to react.
Why can’t I just smack the thing around the head with my pick axe. That would soon teach it a lesson. 

2 hours ago, Voronja said:

I loath the Raptor Pounce. The speed alone was bad enough, but adding the ability to knock you off your tame and pin you to the ground with no way to escape is ridiculous. And it happens so quickly, that 9 times out of 10 you have no time to react.
Why can’t I just smack the thing around the head with my pick axe. That would soon teach it a lesson. 

This is exactly why I always have at least 1 critter on follow and neutral. The raptor pounces, it gets reamed...

6 hours ago, Glydyr said:

Raptor pounce. Your either on a big enough mount to ignore them or you get pounced instantly. You should be able to use melee weapons to break free. 

What if they increased the range of the raptors and gave them stats closer to the Dein (making them potentially useful again) but nerfed the poop out of their spawn rates so you would only find them in certain biomes (Jungle)?  I think there are enough scary dinos now that they don't need to be all over every map.  Speaking of; Aberration introduced the incredibly menacing Ravagers so why does it need so many raptors?

Well, since almost everybody is talking about the raptor pounce, here is my part.

It is annoying, i think we can all agree on that. But that is not even the worst part. Whats even worse is the fact that they can pull you from every mount. not just small ones. EVERY MOUNT, even a Giga. 

And they somehow are able to grab you off a mount and then pounce you afterwards. Have you ever done a ptera barrel roll into a group of Raptors? No? Well, dont do it. I cant tell, how often these suckers pulled me from a ptera and then pinned me to the ground. They are just standing there doing their own raptor business, but they still manage to pull me off my mount with their mystical telekinetic powers (definitely NOT a bug *cough *cough). 

Everything raptor-pounce related is buggy or poorly balanced, I was getting surprised by it over and over.

I remember when we found that tribemate pouncing something close will dismount me, then I was pounced by raptor midair while carrying it on argent, then I got pounced while shooting lightning on wyvern... try it sometimes, you will love it.  Luckily I only read about raptors pouncing through walls.

And I'm afraid it's not over and new raptor horrors just waiting to be discovered.

Archived