PS4/ Console Mouse & KB support

PS4/ Console Mouse & KB support

Hi,

I saw @Cedric tweet regarding it being enable with the latest patch for Consoles including PS4, however where can I enable it? It's not in the menu and the mouse still does not work.

With the latest ARK updates, @Xbox and @PlayStation survivors have mouse and keyboard support on ARK! A lot of people have been waiting for this! What's next?

Thanks in advance.

you need to have both a keyboard and mouse plugged in.

Then load an ark game (server or singleplayer)

then press the options button

there should be a new field at the button called enable mouse & keyboard

after that you dont need to do it again as ark will work with mouse and keyboard from then on even in menus

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/21/2019 at 2:38 PM, MooseX said:

Nevermind I just poped up in my main menu :) However the only thing missing is the keyboard layout, not sure what keys does what

The keyboard doesn't work for me for some reason? I cannot move or do anything. Only CTRL (left) works, which only does melee attack (R2 on PS4). 

Mouse works though

16 hours ago, Kiwikat145 said:

The keyboard doesn't work for me for some reason? I cannot move or do anything. Only CTRL (left) works, which only does melee attack (R2 on PS4). 

Mouse works though

Wireless or Wired KB? Just in case,  wireless does not work great from my experiences on the PS4, reverted mine to a wired one and now all good...

Try typing a message with the keyboard, outside the game, just to verify if the KB is being recognize correctly by the PS4. Myself I use an external USB Hub on my PS4, not enough USB ports on the console. By the way I have PS4 Pro. When you power up the PS4, it should prompt you that a KB is connected an ask what user is going to use it…(something within does lines) Unplug and plug back in the USB could also help.

• 4 months later...