Console: Known Keyboard and Mouse Issues

Cedric

On 3/29/2020 at 7:05 PM, Davidsimonsen said:

My mouse cursor goes invisible when i cross the middle of the screen, its always visible on the right side but on the left it just goes transparent, i can still use it if i hover over things in my inventory but i cant see the cursor it self

Same here

On 3/31/2020 at 5:26 AM, Xenorph said:

• 2 weeks later...

To fix the sprint issue with kb/m on xbox, if you don't want to type, which sometimes doesn't work, you can simply try you're hardest to keep you're controller on.  It might sound kinda hard to do that but you can plug in you're headset which helps keep track if it turns off or not.  I don't know if this is helpful but it works for me because typing doesn't always work for me.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/20/2019 at 7:19 PM, Cedric said:

Console: Known Keyboard and Mouse Issues

Keyboard and Mouse Known Issues
PS4

• Pressing ‘x' does not work (player laying down)
  • ‘Enter’ key to chat on servers brings up keyboard UI inconsistently. Could take 2 presses to bring up the chat window
  • ‘Shift’ + doubleclick to transfer five does not work consistently
  • If player goes into radial menu and makes a selection that takes them one layer deeper in the radial menu then lets go of the 'e' key while on the second layer the mouse cursor will stay on the screen until the player clicks again and stop them from looking around (most commonly encountered while changing dino settings)
  • Unplugging mouse leaves cursor on the screen, persists through all game screens until mouse is plugged back in and kbm is toggled off. Most commonly encountered on home screen where the player cannot turn of kbm support
  • Cursor can remain on screen If mouse or keyboard are unplugged
  • Interaction text for dinos, objects, etc shows as [%S]

XB1

• 'X' key can very rarely stop working (only happened once and did not find a cause, but worth mentioning)
  • ‘Enter’ key to chat on servers behavior is not consistent. Typically takes 2 presses to bring up the chat window; also sometimes brings up Xbox native keyboard and sometimes doesn’t
  • If player goes into radial menu and makes a selection that takes them one layer deeper in the radial menu then lets go of the 'e' key while on the second layer the mouse cursor will stay on the screen until the player clicks again and stop them from looking around (most commonly encountered while changing dino settings)
  • Unplugging mouse leaves cursor on the screen, player is unable to control game until mouse is plugged back in and kbm is toggled off. Most commonly encountered on home screen
  • A few players are reporting that their sprint function will stop working after being in game for some time.  To fix the sprint issue, the game must be restarted
  • After chatting on a server, the player will become unable to sprint. This is not fixed by toggling kbm off and on. Only fixed by

i found a fix for the sprint guys it does not happen randomly after some time it happens when you don't press 'enter' after searching for something so in order to fix it you have to go back to the search bar and just type 'enter' that's it next time you search never forget to press it after finishing also please wildcard if this can reach you there is a really annoying bug with any kind of scopes in the game while using kb and mouse when you are riding it is normal but when you dismount it's really extremely low sensitivity like you can't even snipe a dodo without missing because of the sensitivity so if you can pls 3ither fix it or add some kb and mouse options like sensitivity this will be much appreciated i tried increasing the mouse sensitivity and it becomes unplayable because it is so high.

On 5/14/2020 at 10:50 PM, PerplexedSquid said:

To fix the sprint issue with kb/m on xbox, if you don't want to type, which sometimes doesn't work, you can simply try you're hardest to keep you're controller on.  It might sound kinda hard to do that but you can plug in you're headset which helps keep track if it turns off or not.  I don't know if this is helpful but it works for me because typing doesn't always work for me.

i found am easier way you only forgot to press 'enter' after searching for something somehow it glitches it making the game think you are still typing while not so in order to fix you just need to head back to any SEARCH bar and just press 'enter' .also i found something very useful for me if you shut down your controller while using kb and M the search becomes much quicker like while you type there is no floating kb in the screen waiting for you to type on rather it just types straight away making it much faster and useful.hope it works for you.

On 12/21/2019 at 1:42 PM, TheOverlord said:

v793.14 - 17.12.19

• Unterstützung für KB / Mouse hinzugefügt

How do I change it from controller keyboard and mouse to xbox one 

this worked for me just open the pause menu open the command bar and use your keyboard to type then a 'enable mouse and keyboard' will appear hope it works for you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @CedricI am experiencing an issue trying to use the "Flak" gun on Tropeognathus with Mouse & Keyboard on Xbox one. It dosen't register the Right Click necessary to fire the grenade. Controller works fine, as do all other dino controls.

I posted this topic in the Xbox Bugs section as well. Hope you can work on this soon. Ty for your time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/6/2020 at 8:29 PM, HaydenFc said:

Hi Cedric,

I believe there is another bug with the mouse and keyboard for PS4 too (not sure about Xbox).

When using ADS (aim down sights) on anything with a scope, spyglass included the sensitivity is really slow , and when I say slow moving the mouse across my pad (40cm) it moves on the screen a very very slow , basically the crosshairs is static.

I play on 800 DPI and set my in game sensitivity  to what feels comfortable for turning and looking around (example 40cm = 360°) but soon as I aim down sights the sensitivity drastically changes. 

I know I can up my DPI and up my in game sensitivity but then normal turning and looking is way to fast and becomes uncontrollable to the point where I touch my mouse with a finger and the screen starts spinning.

Hope you read this and can have a look into it for the aiming down sights. This bug happens with all scoped weapons and spyglass.
( another example sensitivity for longneck rifle WITHOUT SCOPE and looking down iron sights feels amazing, WITH SCOPE is terrible)

UPDATE : have found out today that when riding a Dino and using scoped weapons or spyglass sensitivity is not reduced and it feels great, However the down side is that you HAVE to be RIDING A DINO.

Scope and spyglass sensitivity when of foot is still unbelievable slow to the point where scoped weapons can not be used.

If everything is fine while riding a Dino but not fine on foot then it must be a bug right? 

Thank You

Did this ever get fixed?

• 3 months later...

Experiencing an issue on ps4 where i can not get my arrow types to switch on bows... seems like its a mouse issue where its not allowing you to drag the ammo types to the weapon to swap.

I've tried several things and couldnt find a work around. Disable keyboard and mouse and used a controller and it worked fine.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/27/2021 at 2:03 PM, Chrisnial2542 said:

It seems that the cursor will reset to the top right corner once interacting with anything in the menu. Especially crafting or adding an engram to you list.

this is an issue for me as well. Every couple of clicks on level points or engram purchases, all of a sudden my mouse cursor resets to the top left of the screen. Is there a fix

• 3 months later...
On 12/23/2020 at 9:56 AM, Jbone1005 said:

Experiencing an issue on ps4 where i can not get my arrow types to switch on bows... seems like its a mouse issue where its not allowing you to drag the ammo types to the weapon to swap.

I've tried several things and couldnt find a work around. Disable keyboard and mouse and used a controller and it worked fine.

Have you fixed the issue yet? I’m having the same one 

• 2 months later...

Archived