Console: Known Keyboard and Mouse Issues

Cedric

• Wildcard Community

Keyboard and Mouse Known Issues
PS4

• Pressing ‘x' does not work (player laying down)
  • ‘Enter’ key to chat on servers brings up keyboard UI inconsistently. Could take 2 presses to bring up the chat window
  • ‘Shift’ + doubleclick to transfer five does not work consistently
  • If player goes into radial menu and makes a selection that takes them one layer deeper in the radial menu then lets go of the 'e' key while on the second layer the mouse cursor will stay on the screen until the player clicks again and stop them from looking around (most commonly encountered while changing dino settings)
  • Unplugging mouse leaves cursor on the screen, persists through all game screens until mouse is plugged back in and kbm is toggled off. Most commonly encountered on home screen where the player cannot turn of kbm support
  • Cursor can remain on screen If mouse or keyboard are unplugged
  • Interaction text for dinos, objects, etc shows as [%S]

XB1

• 'X' key can very rarely stop working (only happened once and did not find a cause, but worth mentioning)
  • ‘Enter’ key to chat on servers behavior is not consistent. Typically takes 2 presses to bring up the chat window; also sometimes brings up Xbox native keyboard and sometimes doesn’t
  • If player goes into radial menu and makes a selection that takes them one layer deeper in the radial menu then lets go of the 'e' key while on the second layer the mouse cursor will stay on the screen until the player clicks again and stop them from looking around (most commonly encountered while changing dino settings)
  • Unplugging mouse leaves cursor on the screen, player is unable to control game until mouse is plugged back in and kbm is toggled off. Most commonly encountered on home screen
  • A few players are reporting that their sprint function will stop working after being in game for some time.  To fix the sprint issue, the game must be restarted
  • After chatting on a server, the player will become unable to sprint. This is not fixed by toggling kbm off and on. Only fixed by restart.

2 hours ago, TheOverlord said:

v793.14 - 17.12.19

• Unterstützung für KB / Mouse hinzugefügt

How do I change it from controller keyboard and mouse to xbox one 

Whilst in game press the pause button (small button on the right) where you can access options and resume. At the bottom of that list is the option to use keyboard and mouse. AWSD move character. Arrow keys move camera. So not left handed friendly. ?

No keybinding option on Xbox. Keyboard controls can be found on the wiki. 

On 12/20/2019 at 6:19 PM, Cedric said:

Keyboard and Mouse Known Issues
PS4

• Pressing ‘x' does not work (player laying down)
  • ‘Enter’ key to chat on servers brings up keyboard UI inconsistently. Could take 2 presses to bring up the chat window
  • ‘Shift’ + doubleclick to transfer five does not work consistently
  • Unplugging mouse leaves cursor on the screen, persists through all game screens until mouse is plugged back in and kbm is toggled off. Most commonly encountered on home screen where the player cannot turn of kbm support
  • Cursor can remain on screen If mouse or keyboard are unplugged
  • Interaction text for dinos, objects, etc shows as [%S]

XB1

• 'X' key can very rarely stop working (only happened once and did not find a cause, but worth mentioning)
  • ‘Enter’ key to chat on servers behavior is not consistent. Typically takes 2 presses to bring up the chat window; also sometimes brings up Xbox native keyboard and sometimes doesn’t
  • Unplugging mouse leaves cursor on the screen, player is unable to control game until mouse is plugged back in and kbm is toggled off. Most commonly encountered on home screen
  • A few players are reporting that their sprint function will stop working after being in game for some time.  To fix the sprint issue, the game must be restarted
  • After chatting on a server, the player will become unable to sprint. This is not fixed by toggling kbm off and on. Only fixed by restart.

Hi Cedric,

I believe there is another bug with the mouse and keyboard for PS4 too (not sure about Xbox).

When using ADS (aim down sights) on anything with a scope, spyglass included the sensitivity is really slow , and when I say slow moving the mouse across my pad (40cm) it moves on the screen a very very slow , basically the crosshairs is static.

I play on 800 DPI and set my in game sensitivity  to what feels comfortable for turning and looking around (example 40cm = 360°) but soon as I aim down sights the sensitivity drastically changes. 

I know I can up my DPI and up my in game sensitivity but then normal turning and looking is way to fast and becomes uncontrollable to the point where I touch my mouse with a finger and the screen starts spinning.

Hope you read this and can have a look into it for the aiming down sights. This bug happens with all scoped weapons and spyglass.
( another example sensitivity for longneck rifle WITHOUT SCOPE and looking down iron sights feels amazing, WITH SCOPE is terrible)

UPDATE : have found out today that when riding a Dino and using scoped weapons or spyglass sensitivity is not reduced and it feels great, However the down side is that you HAVE to be RIDING A DINO.

Scope and spyglass sensitivity when of foot is still unbelievable slow to the point where scoped weapons can not be used.

If everything is fine while riding a Dino but not fine on foot then it must be a bug right? 

Thank You

Unable to switch between snap points.

Unable to place objects while in orbit cam. It takes you out orbit cam before placing.

Have to switch back to controller for building.

Edit:

Can't use mouse wheel to scroll any inventory.

Can't find a way to zoom object while in paint object menu.

"Equip all from folder" option does nothing.

Mouse keeps resetting to the top-left randomly and after searches.

Keyboard shorcuts disable after a search. Have to click with mouse to enable them again.

Suggestion: Disable PS4 on-screen keyboard.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/7/2020 at 1:29 AM, HaydenFc said:

Hi Cedric,

I believe there is another bug with the mouse and keyboard for PS4 too (not sure about Xbox).

When using ADS (aim down sights) on anything with a scope, spyglass included the sensitivity is really slow , and when I say slow moving the mouse across my pad (40cm) it moves on the screen a very very slow , basically the crosshairs is static.

I play on 800 DPI and set my in game sensitivity  to what feels comfortable for turning and looking around (example 40cm = 360°) but soon as I aim down sights the sensitivity drastically changes. 

I know I can up my DPI and up my in game sensitivity but then normal turning and looking is way to fast and becomes uncontrollable to the point where I touch my mouse with a finger and the screen starts spinning.

Hope you read this and can have a look into it for the aiming down sights. This bug happens with all scoped weapons and spyglass.
( another example sensitivity for longneck rifle WITHOUT SCOPE and looking down iron sights feels amazing, WITH SCOPE is terrible)

UPDATE : have found out today that when riding a Dino and using scoped weapons or spyglass sensitivity is not reduced and it feels great, However the down side is that you HAVE to be RIDING A DINO.

Scope and spyglass sensitivity when of foot is still unbelievable slow to the point where scoped weapons can not be used.

If everything is fine while riding a Dino but not fine on foot then it must be a bug right? 

Thank You

Did you ever find a fix for this? Same is happening to me

On 1/17/2020 at 3:43 PM, ThePryBar said:

@Cedric 

Will keyboard and mouse be separated into their own PvP clusters.  It definitely is not fair to allow keyboard and mouse to exist in the same PvP servers/clusters as controllers, kinda breaks game balance more so then any mana.

Everyone has the same options. You choose to use kb/m or controller as preference.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/17/2020 at 3:43 PM, ThePryBar said:

@Cedric 

Will keyboard and mouse be separated into their own PvP clusters.  It definitely is not fair to allow keyboard and mouse to exist in the same PvP servers/clusters as controllers, kinda breaks game balance more so then any mana.

cross platform is enabled on most unofficial servers anyway mate

• 2 weeks later...

Had this same issue. I would have to turn the controller off and then back on at the start menu to get it to work again. It worked out for a month or two before giving up the ghost completely. So try to restart just the controller, then look into buying a backup in the near future.

Thanks & Regards from auto clicker team

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2020 at 10:32 PM, OnTop2K8 said:

Unable to switch between snap points.

Unable to place objects while in orbit cam. It takes you out orbit cam before placing.

Have to switch back to controller for building.

Edit:

Can't use mouse wheel to scroll any inventory.

Can't find a way to zoom object while in paint object menu.

"Equip all from folder" option does nothing.

Mouse keeps resetting to the top-left randomly and after searches.

Keyboard shorcuts disable after a search. Have to click with mouse to enable them again.

Suggestion: Disable PS4 on-screen keyboard.

It definitely is not fair to allow keyboard and mouse to exist in the same PvP servers/clusters as controllers, kinda breaks game balance more so then any mana.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2020 at 10:04 PM, Emperor4Hire said:

It definitely is not fair to allow keyboard and mouse to exist in the same PvP servers/clusters as controllers, kinda breaks game balance more so then any mana.

If you are playing on xbox you are already playing against people on Windows 10, which means me using a mouse n keyboard actually levels the playing field in my case

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/29/2020 at 12:05 PM, Davidsimonsen said:

My mouse cursor goes invisible when i cross the middle of the screen, its always visible on the right side but on the left it just goes transparent, i can still use it if i hover over things in my inventory but i cant see the cursor it self

I'm having the same issue but reverse, any solution?

Archived