I want to play but I'm to scared

EjDragonLegend

28 minutes ago, EjDragonLegend said:

I want to play ark again its been a few days but I am too scared to do it because I think I will get myself killed and ruin my game

Play single player mode.

Check out Phlinger Phoo's soloing the ark series. Great tutorial for learning to play.

1. Don't play hardcore mode until you are reasonably familiar with most of the mechanics, materials, structures, and fauna of the map.  
  2. But, start somewhere you can easily identify where u are in relation to where you put down a small hut , preferably near a spawn point where you can easily run back to point of death and your hut.
  3. Kill dodos and all small game you can to collect hide so you can make a bed which will be more permanent than a sleeping bag and that raft you will want to make asap.
  4. Make lots of foundations to lvl up fast, you can set one down and then set the next ontop of it breaking the first, giving you half the mats back.  once all done, u can make a few more with the materials you reclaimed.....
  5. make a raft! 
  6. go explore.

42 minutes ago, EjDragonLegend said:

I want to play ark again its been a few days but I am too scared to do it because I think I will get myself killed and ruin my game

oh you will definitely die lose tames .... get dced get lag back to where you started from on offical servers due to structures bases certain amounts of dinos .... dinos will definitely murder you its the way of ark just gotta grind it out push on. till you get set up. plus on some servers people might help if you end up in trouble. do yourself a favour dont go asking or begging for tames to be handed to you their is nothing more annoying than that .... lol. 

It's been a few days since you last played? Why are you scared to die? How would it ruin your game, all your stuff will remain where you left it unless on a PvP server it may have been looted.

If you die, just respawn shrug it off carry on. 

I play single player with my husband on Xbox one.. 90% of the time I am used as bait when hubby gets into difficulty he kites everything to me. I laugh it off. Die and respawn. It's only pixels after all. 

On the other hand if he kites a rex to me in RL I would haunt him.. haha.

But seriously if your new just acknowledge its going to happen and don't stress it.

On 12/19/2019 at 9:15 PM, EjDragonLegend said:

I suggest single player. Use Woof Poof (YouTube) single player settings.  DO NOT put the difficulty up to 1.0 until you are established. I decrease Dino Count to 0.75 to decease the amount of Raptors. Stay in South Zone and build Out Posts to do specific things. 

My base is in South Zone 1. Very safe. I have a Forge on Herbivore Island with 4 Anky tames to get my metal. A Tree Platform at the base of the Volcano for Tree Sap and a resting point to regain stamina. I was lucky enough to get a Tapejara very early on. Weight on Tappy is better then Ptera. My main objective early on is getting Tames for kibble. 

I have Pairs of Lystrosaurus, Parasaurs, Trikes, Pteranodons, Baryonyx, Turtles, and Moschops. 3 dodo’s 1M 2F. 4 Ankies 1M 3F. A F Rex, F Bronto and F Tappy. And a Oviraptor. And some males. Beaver and Theri. Theri was a nightmare without a trap but I did it. Lol! 

I myself get heart palpitations when playing PVP or in stressful situations in game. Don’t know why but it’s getting worse as I get older. Am 44. I think “The Change” is playing a part too. And when I’m Pre-Mensteal. I’m also female. Yeah I’ve got it all going on lol! 

Remember it’s just a game. You can make it as easy or as hard as you like. And when things get too easy, just up the difficulty slightly. Single player settings aren’t like official. There is secret calculations going on in the background. I think difficulty 1.0 on Single Player is not 1.0. It’s something higher. I think 0.44 is 1.0 difficulty with Single Player settings active. But Max Level dinos aren’t all that IMO. The amount of wasted points is unbelievable. Wasted points meaning a Tamed Flyer has exponentially high Oxygen or Food Stat but nothing in the way of Stam or Weight. No use what so ever. Same goes for land dinos. Can carry a 10 Tonne Truck but has no health or damage. Pointless. Enough about my gripes with Max Level Setting. 

And when you are confident playing the game, then venture over to official or unofficial, if you want to. Good luck with either of those. Finding a place to build can prove quite troublesome on both. And because people build huge bases the lag is real. And foundation spam is a thing also. And so is Admin abuse. And ganking Beach Bobs/Bobbetts. Pretty toxic really. Lol! You’re begged off in Single Player. ?

Archived