Admin / Trusted Player Tool - Game Save Visualiser

MirageUK

6 hours ago, Thaledwyn said:

Another question:

Would it be possible to edit the stat points / mutation counters of tamed dinos in the future?

Or do you know a tool which already does this? Some kind of savegame editor to change melee from 38 to 40 for example?

ASV will never be able to write back out to save game data and is purposefully read-only.  I don't want to be responsible for breaking peoples hard work and progression by potentially corrupting the saved data.

You could use commands to spawn in the creature and stats you want but that can't be used to edit existing tames as far as I'm aware:  https://arkutils.netlify.app/tools/spawnexact

• Like 1

Hi Mirage,

For the first time I'm trying to use RCON for my ASA dedicated servers. For example I need to send a message to the players currently on my servers because I want to restart them, and it's cumbersome to enter the game just for that.

There are paid services like Battlemetrics, but I see that ASV has RCON features. Is it possible to send a message to players, either globally (like with the Broadcast or ServerChat console commands), or individually like with the ServerChatTo or ServerChatToPlayer commands ?

I see that if I select a player in ASV, there is the ServerChatToPlayer command in the drop-down list, and there is the green Play button for RCON, but I don't understand where I can enter the message, if I can.

2 hours ago, Elgar said:

I see that if I select a player in ASV, there is the ServerChatToPlayer command in the drop-down list, and there is the green Play button for RCON, but I don't understand where I can enter the message, if I can.

Most of the commands in the lists were originally added with the intention of being used as copy/paste and you fill out the appropriate details in-game using the copied command.

I'll review how I can handle additional input requirements when using RCON play button for a new release.

Out of interest are there any commands not yet included that you might want to add?

Thank you Mirage, that's really nice of you !

1 hour ago, MirageUK said:

Out of interest are there any commands not yet included that you might want to add?

Well, currently there isn't any "server" tab, only creatures, players and tribes tabs, so I guess that any server-wide command is out of scope, and that would be perfectly understandable of course. (By server-wide command, I mean for example ListPlayers, Broadcast, ServerChat, SaveWorld.)

As for players and tribes related commands, your lists are already pretty exhaustive. ☺️

1 hour ago, MirageUK said:

SaveWorld I have included in most tabs.

ListPlayers - I guess I'd have to also implement a textbox display to show the RCON response for this one and would include it under the Players tab commands as it is loosely player related.

Broadcast, ServerChat - can't see why they can't be added.

Sorry, I didn't notice that SaveWorld was already there !

About ListPlayers, I'm dumb, of course it would need a way to show the response. It may be difficult to implement, so don't worry. I thought about this command initially because, unfortunately, ASA doesn't allow to see players connected, either with Nitrado interface or with websites like BattleMetrics. In this respect, it is different from ASE which allowed to see connected players.

A Broadcast and/or ServerChat command will be enough to send a "GET OUT !" message to all players on the server. 😄

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Elgar said:

Sorry, I didn't notice that SaveWorld was already there !

About ListPlayers, I'm dumb, of course it would need a way to show the response. It may be difficult to implement, so don't worry. I thought about this command initially because, unfortunately, ASA doesn't allow to see players connected, either with Nitrado interface or with websites like BattleMetrics. In this respect, it is different from ASE which allowed to see connected players.

A Broadcast and/or ServerChat command will be enough to send a "GET OUT !" message to all players on the server. 😄

Leave it with me. I'll see what I can do after I finish work.

I'll try and do the full implementation including user input and a response window but it'll take me a couple hours as I want to make it all json based so can easily amend or add to it later.

Something like this for each tab:

{
    "name": "tamed",
    "commands": [
        {
            "text": "",
            "params": [],
            "inputs": []
        }
    ]
}

Edited by MirageUK
  • Like 1

5.1.0.4 now available.

Changes

• Addition of input request screen for copy/rcon commands. @Elgar
  • Addition of output screen for RCON responses.
  • Made copy/rcon list json based for easier future extensibility / support.
  • Updated some of the 3rd party libraries to later versions.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, steakwhistle said:

I'm wondering if i'm missing it, but do you know if ASV supports identifying Ocean Loot Crates / Deep Sea Loot crates as they exist within the save file?

The dinoforecast went over so well, now im being asked about a daily report on the current loot spawns but i cant find that stat anywhere.

Loot crates don't appear to persist with game save and are spawned at runtime only afaik (like Bee hives) - with the exception of artifact crates which do appear to be saved with the game data - possibly to stop people restarting to get more artifacts without having to leave a cave?

5 hours ago, MirageUK said:

Loot crates don't appear to persist with game save and are spawned at runtime only afaik (like Bee hives) - with the exception of artifact crates which do appear to be saved with the game data - possibly to stop people restarting to get more artifacts without having to leave a cave?

thanks for confirming, guess they'll just have to play the game normally without any "intel" this time haha

Posted (edited)
    {
      "MapName": "The Center (Ascended)",
      "Filename": "thecenter_wp.ark",
      "ImageFile": "map_grid.png",
      "LatShift": 32.5,
      "LatDiv": 10375,
      "LonShift": 50.5,
      "LonDiv": 10375
    }

Add to your maps.json to enable basic support for The Center.  I will put it into a release when a resource / explorer map is made available.

Might need tweaking a little but it's close enough for now:

image.png.4d6293f3074fb22cd2cf9cd5c3265937.png

... and at 32.5 / 50.5 its a little ironic that the center of The Center.. is not THE CENTER of the map.

Edited by MirageUK
  • Thanks 2

On 5/24/2024 at 8:23 AM, MirageUK said:

A backup of your data for me to debug?

It should always write out to ASV.log but information might not be nearly as useful as the backup itself where I can load it into my development code and walk through it to see what the problem is.1

sorry for the late answer, I dont use the program often.
I updated the app today. Sadly the island still doesnt work with this version (ArkViewer-5-1-0-5). For some reason SE now works again.
Island .ark file
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/86m0zhnmngipo7vxe6f8x/TheIsland_WP.zip?rlkey=l7djw4v74ez1rbkw3uts7xg4s&st=zl14jf5y&dl=0
thanks in advance for looking into it

Edited by HPTD1
cant pm, added link

@HPTD1 - how are you attempting to load this data?

Is it an FTP issue where you're not always getting the full file maybe?  

When using your data provided but as a "Savegame File" everything appears to load without issue:

image.png.fece7089a427c65cc9c4b1e32eff0d56.png

image.png.04b349588089b4382d296c719ef28fef.png

I'm about to start work and won't be available again until at least 15:30 BST but feel free to add me on discord to chat further if needed.  cybermirageuk / 335840963257827329

Hi Mirage,

One of my players had an issue with a dino she lost. I instantly thought, "no worries, with ASV I will be able to spawn the exact same dino to replace it, even with its mutations". But I was surprised to discover that, in the "Tamed Creatures" tab, I don't get anymore the SpawnExactDino command in the drop-down list when I select a dino.

Also, the AddMutations command is still there, but it does nothing, only AddMutations is copied to clipboard without any argument.

Am I missing something ?

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Elgar said:

Hi Mirage,

One of my players had an issue with a dino she lost. I instantly thought, "no worries, with ASV I will be able to spawn the exact same dino to replace it, even with its mutations". But I was surprised to discover that, in the "Tamed Creatures" tab, I don't get anymore the SpawnExactDino command in the drop-down list when I select a dino.

Also, the AddMutations command is still there, but it does nothing, only AddMutations is copied to clipboard without any argument.

Am I missing something ?

Nope - but sounds like I did when I re-wrote the copy/rcon command stuff a couple builds ago.

I'l investigate and hopefuly come up with a fix.

..edit..

Might take me a little longer - SpawnExactDino uses blueprintpath - and I've not updated or included the ASA versions in any creaturemap.json data yet.

.. edit 2..

Got the SpawnExactDino and AddMutation commands working again. Just working on some additional requested filters for the Item Search tab before I do a new release.

Edited by MirageUK
  • Thanks 1

5.1.0.6 now available.

Changes

• Fixed display of Mating / Wandering on tamed tab data.  This was incorrectly showing the value of the other - so Mating was displaying the value of Wandering and vice versa
  • Added Player and Item Id search options to Item Search tab.
  • Added Item Id to end of item search result data grid.
  • Fixed "AddMutations" console command.
  • Re-introduced "SpawnExactDino" console command.
  • Improved accuracy of lat/lon calculations for The Center (Ascended).
  • Like 3

@mirageUK

moin. yes, I'm loading the file via FTP. in old ASE I never had a problem with that so far.
Testing it with 5.1.0.6 and a local copy it worked.
Is that a problem of the tool? its weird that after years the FTP connection now makes problems.

Edit: the downloaded .ark file was the exact same byte size, but still failed to open
Edit2: opening the .ark file that was copied by the FTP option via the "Savegame file" option works. so the downloaded file is not damaged/incomplete, the FTP option itself is somehow unable to read the downloaded file correctly. I'm also noticing that the FTP option downloads all .arkprofile and arktribe files as well and puts it in the same folder with the .ark file. Is there something weird with that?

me and my co-admins use the tool independently, but not everyone has direct access to the server, so its necessary that each one of us can download the save files like the FTP option does.

Edited by HPTD1

7 hours ago, HPTD1 said:

@mirageUK

moin. yes, I'm loading the file via FTP. in old ASE I never had a problem with that so far.
Testing it with 5.1.0.6 and a local copy it worked.
Is that a problem of the tool? its weird that after years the FTP connection now makes problems.

Edit: the downloaded .ark file was the exact same byte size, but still failed to open
Edit2: opening the .ark file that was copied by the FTP option via the "Savegame file" option works. so the downloaded file is not damaged/incomplete, the FTP option itself is somehow unable to read the downloaded file correctly. I'm also noticing that the FTP option downloads all .arkprofile and arktribe files as well and puts it in the same folder with the .ark file. Is there something weird with that?

me and my co-admins use the tool independently, but not everyone has direct access to the server, so its necessary that each one of us can download the save files like the FTP option does.

.arktribe / .arkprofile files have data in them not part of the main save.  Sounds like it might be struggling to read something there. 

As you have already mentioned, FTP mode downloads .ark, .arktribe and .arkprofile data to be read in.  File mode only uses data already on disk - so if no .arktribe/.arkprofile it would only read .ark save.

If you can provide the full folder that FTP mode downloads (.ark, .arktribe and .arkprofile) I can investigate further.  Once again thouigh it's that time of day I have to start the day job so won't be able to do anythning on this now til I finish at 16:30 BST.