Jump to content

Admin / Trusted Player Tool - Game Save Visualiser


MirageUK
 Share

Recommended Posts

@GenTR - what issues are you having running it on Windows Server 2012?

Should just need .Net 6 runtimes - both the standard runtime and the desktop runtimes from Microsoft - https://dotnet.microsoft.com/en-us/download/dotnet/6.0

It can run whever you have access to the .ark save file - so if you prefer to download it on another machine periodically ASV can use that backup copy you downloaded.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi MirageUK,

Firstly thank you for ASV, we use it daily and its amazing.

Unfortunetly we are unable to get 4.5.2.0 to run straight from the extracted zip. Nothing happens after clicking the .exe two of us have tried it so far on two seperate machines.

Any ideas?

Just to add we are using 4.5.1.10 currently which works perfect

Edited by 0ShADoW0
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@0ShADoW0 Just got up - give me half hour to have a coffee and investigate. 

I've only been testing ASVBot so maybe I broke something in ArkViewer during my changes to add the Discord bot option.

 

...edit...

Please re-download from https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xBoxr-DTTn8UdpQZNm0vkABgudDzLa6v/view?usp=sharing

I had some conflicting versions of System.Drawing.dll - after adding some drawing capability to ASVPack.dll to be used by the ASVBot discord bot.

Re-tested, re-packed and re-uploaded.

Hopefully this resolves your issues.

Edited by MirageUK
Link to comment
Share on other sites

For the Bot.

Can we have configurations for specific commands, to remove the detailed location of wild dinosaurs and map?

Also a way to stop people from being able to edit or verify their own status on the bot. 

I dont know if its an Option but the idea of being able to restrict commands based on discord Role would be nice.

Edited by Sirendire
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Sirendire

I wasn't sure how discord commands work - assumed if I put all the admin commands under the /asv-admin prefix you would be able to limit permissions for them commands on your channel so users can't verify themselves.

I honestly don't use discord very often and this was only done as somebody asked if it was possible :)

I can add other filters and limits as you suggest for players being able to view locations etc.

 

... edit...

Found some permission based stuff - leave it with me.  Assuming Admin and Moderators for the admin commands?

 

... edit 2...

You can already limit what a player sees when doing a /asv-admin verify-user command:

  • radius
    • The radius around a player to search.
  • showLoc
    • Display location data.
  • showStats
    • Display dino level stat distribution.
  • allowMaps
    • Allow user to get map images from ASV.

 

Edited by MirageUK
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4.5.2.1 now available

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jCSgtg4yxDUwSwwxAHtQqXq4ScBDs5fi/view?usp=sharing

The only change in this release is the addition of some discord permission requirements for /asv-admin commands where only users who are Moderators or Administrator can use these commands. @Sirendire

I have also renamed "botconfig.json" to "template-botconfig.json" so that it doesn't overwrite your config if you have already tried using ASVBot. 

If you're a first time user just fill out your details in "template-botconfig.json" before saving it as "botconfig.json" and running ASVBot.exe

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello,

I have been using ASV for some time, and even used it a month ago. Today I see an update so I downloaded as if I was using it the first time (I dont use the bot or JSON part yet). In the settings when you add your server via the FTP info, it now says "Content Failed To Load". I know the info is good since I added the server and through browsing to the gamefile directory it found the mapfile, and I did click save.

Suggestions? Thank you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, CyberGameZone said:

Hello,

I have been using ASV for some time, and even used it a month ago. Today I see an update so I downloaded as if I was using it the first time (I dont use the bot or JSON part yet). In the settings when you add your server via the FTP info, it now says "Content Failed To Load". I know the info is good since I added the server and through browsing to the gamefile directory it found the mapfile, and I did click save.

Suggestions? Thank you

I'd need a copy of your .ark save file to investigate but since you have it set to FTP mode maybe it failed to download the full data before attempting to read it in?

Is there anything in the ASVLog.log file in the App folder that might indicate what the issue is?

Edited by MirageUK
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/11/2023 at 12:09 AM, MirageUK said:

I'd need a copy of your .ark save file to investigate but since you have it set to FTP mode maybe it failed to download the full data before attempting to read it in?

Is there anything in the ASVLog.log file in the App folder that might indicate what the issue is?

When I download and installed, the only folders are images, maps and runtimes.

I can connect with filezilla and gran the ark file so the login/pass works. I do have the same error today.

I tried to upload and says file too big. 5.24 MB

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@CyberGameZone - 5.24Mb is too large to upload?  What are you trying to upload it to?  Something that small would fit on a few floppy disks!!

If you have Google drive or similar you can upload it there and share the link with me to download and investigate.

Just tried a fresh extract from the latest uploaded release and it appears to be working without issue for me using old (local) backups from @BoRGaMeS and @Larkfields

Edited by MirageUK
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, MirageUK said:

@CyberGameZone - 5.24Mb is too large to upload?  What are you trying to upload it to?  Something that small would fit on a few floppy disks!!

If you have Google drive or similar you can upload it there and share the link with me to download and investigate.

Just tried a fresh extract from the latest uploaded release and it appears to be working without issue for me using old (local) backups from @BoRGaMeS and @Larkfields

I tried uploading the file here in the forum in my post and it gave me an error. I will go figure out a file location so you can DL from. Example: "1 file was larger than the maximum file size of 399.36kB, and was skipped".

Here is a file location of the file: http://www.cybergamezone.com/ark/TheIsland_CGZ.zip

Instead of using FTP, I even tried doing the local file off my desktop. Stills says "Contact failed to load". So at least we eliminated if it is an FTP thing.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@CyberGameZone - it's not ASV.  The file format is version 11 which the toolkit I use doesn't support.

I've been informed that this is a server option which has been enabled on some Nitrado servers forcing it to use a new file format.

Command line option -newsaveformat 

I will see what I can find but I never really dealt with the raw file format parsing stuff, just small changes I could see when letting the library do its thing.

 

.. edit ..

On initial investigation using a simple new Island single player save there appears to be an additional 64 bytes in the header. No idea what these relate to but skipping them in the case of my single player then allows it to read in the rest of the game data.

Unfortunately skipping these same bytes in your save doesn't have the same successful results so I will need some time to see if I can work out what is in those additional fields to help point me to an accurate way to determine the offsets required.

Edited by MirageUK
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, MirageUK said:

I've been informed that this is a server option which has been enabled on some Nitrado servers forcing it to use a new file format.

Command line option -newsaveformat 

Hi Mirage.

Didn't this become the default save file version...
v244.5 introduced the command line option 
https://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/594820656447032287?l=polish

and 244.6 made it the default...
https://www.ark-survival.net/en/2016/07/16/ark-survival-evolved-patch-244-6-244-7/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Larkfields said:

Hi Mirage.

Didn't this become the default save file version...
v244.5 introduced the command line option 
https://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/594820656447032287?l=polish

and 244.6 made it the default...
https://www.ark-survival.net/en/2016/07/16/ark-survival-evolved-patch-244-6-244-7/

Thanks for the official update.  I honestly don't follow ARK anymore so don't take note of patch notes etc - simply react when you guys find ASV doesn't work for you anymore.

Looks like quite a few changes and honestly not sure I'm capable of fixing this one but I'm trying to learn what I can.

 

... edit ..

Scrap that.. skipping them bytes in header only seems to leave one problem loading file provided by @CyberGameZone - cryopod creatures.  I'll continue investigating and see if I can sort it out.

Edited by MirageUK
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, MirageUK said:

Thanks for the official update.  I honestly don't follow ARK anymore so don't take note of patch notes etc - simply react when you guys find ASV doesn't work for you anymore.

Looks like quite a few changes and honestly not sure I'm capable of fixing this one but I'm trying to learn what I can.

 

... edit ..

Scrap that.. skipping them bytes in header only seems to leave one problem loading file provided by @CyberGameZone - cryopod creatures.  I'll continue investigating and see if I can sort it out.

Appreciate you looking into this.

If the only issue is the Cryo, Im good. I hate em. lol.

Anyways, thanks again. Will keep an eye on this post. Thank you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bypassing the cryopod reading ASV loaded and seems to show a lot of the information.

The log files from the library show a different story and are littered with various errors and warnings for me to investigate so who knows what hasn't been read in at this point.

FYI I'm not really going to have a big enough "chunk" of free time to look at this again 'til the weekend. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

PC current save format is version "9" and it's based on "newsaveformat".

newsaveformat option will force the version "11", although it should not change a lot. "oldsaveformat" should be version "8". version "10" should not be used by current PC server versions but the read should be supported as well as older versions than 8

Edited by darkradeon
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@darkradeon - the backup provided was reading in as V11 so that's what I'm working on adding support for. 

V10 appears to be console and doesn't have any breaking changes so I already added support for that.

So far in V11 I've worked out that the cryopod creatures are no longer actually stored within the cryopod data itself as an array of bits anymore - one of new headers is a pointer to the location of cryopod creatures which are now stored in their own location and reference the parent objects. 

Hopefully have these sorted soon but still quite a few other bits that it's throwing up and loggin as parsing issues that I'll probably need to investigate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Almost there guys - hopefully sorted in the next evening or two.

Hacked away byte by byte and with some pointers from others have been able to work out and parse the stored creature data - with the exception of their properties..... which will need some more time parsing through the data in a hex editor to work out what I need to add to the offset info in the stored creature objects themselves.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Version 4.6.0.0 now available.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BMjoEdumPEl_HXe5BH2_-aevyVeX78Em/view?usp=sharing

Features

Fixes

  • Right click grid export data option now exports better formed JSON.  Previously it would output each field of an object as an object in and of itself and was difficult to read.  Aligned to be more like the export from command line and exports from the settings page.
  • Fixed right click grid export option so that it now includes the creatureId and other long numeric properties where it previously output them as "0".
Edited by MirageUK
Tagged wrong person.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4.6.0.1 now available for download:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Umdkq-9WzWTGpHNg-6p7VmaJAPVbtNIB/view?usp=sharing

Features

  • Support for Console file saves (v12)
  • Migrated drawing code in ASVPack to use SkiaSharp and allow the discord stuff to be cross platform.
  • Added "Blueprint" data to "creaturemap.json" 
  • Added "SpawnExactDino" to the drop-down copy commands available in Wild and Tamed tabs.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4.6.0.2 now available for download:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1X7Nomdp6oF8zpS2pPL4_oO5_ZkPeJ3lW/view?usp=sharing

Fixes

  • Fix for crash when reading a new save format that contained NEUTERED cryo creatures.
  • Re-worked Dedicated storage so that you can see contents again.  Seems they moved away from the standard inventory / slot storage and now define this as SelectedResourceClass + ResourceCount.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MirageUK said:

4.6.0.2 now available for download:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1X7Nomdp6oF8zpS2pPL4_oO5_ZkPeJ3lW/view?usp=sharing

Fixes

  • Fix for crash when reading a new save format that contained NEUTERED cryo creatures.
  • Re-worked Dedicated storage so that you can see contents again.  Seems they moved away from the standard inventory / slot storage and now define this as SelectedResourceClass + ResourceCount.

Thanks !
I ask that many months ago.
I'll test that soon :)

I currently with the 4.5.1.10, and I always have the issue of date :
Example The tribe section show the tribe "Tempest" last activity the 12 July, but the structure section show the 30 August.
It is fix now ?
:)

Edit : no, it's not... I just test it now :/

{57A9B73C-3305-47A3-B993-C87C5472AA89}.png

{3A94EB39-2EE6-458B-8C56-603265AA8DCB}.png

Edited by SpenceFoxtrot
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...