Admin / Trusted Player Tool - Game Save Visualiser

MirageUK

Version 3.20 now available.

http://www.miragesoftware.co.uk/ARK/Apps/ArkViewer2021-3-20.zip

Features

• Preview of the REST client api tab to add and set client access. (not yet coded the service or client map option)

Bug Fixes

• Added more checks around loading the new "production resources" for wild dinos.  Hopefully prevents the crashes you've been having.
  • Nest eggs once again display the parent levels, not the quantity of ONE  EGG :)

Edited by MirageUK

Good morning

You mean downloading ASV?  I just tried and it works for me.  I've noticed click-y links on this forum sometimes just flicker as if they are going to open and download but do nothing. Try right click and copy the url into a new window?

If you mean it's failing with your save - can you provide the save somewhere for me to investigate?

I got a weird bug with 3.20, but not sure if it's isolated to that version. I copied the config from 3.16 so I didn't have to set up all the servers again.
It would download the new save (verified timestamps), but it always loaded data from the previous save. Tried over 10 times.
To get it to actually load the new data I had to set up the SFTP again, not sure why that worked :P
It also seems to miss some Queen Bees compared to the data I extract with ark-tools (which doesn't see gender and puts male, but w/e hehe)

brave_lOeKiJ3RET.png

• Like 1

You're using sftp right? I can confirm that normal ftp works perfectly as that's what I've been using all evening but have done little to zero testing on the sftp side.  Blind coded and did a quick check but that was before the entire re-work over the last few weeks.

I'll test the sftp more tomorrow.  Bee's I'll need your game save data to investigate.

I'll try to find a save that shows incorrect number of bees, but atm it's a pain to find one that doesn't since it can take 5-10 minutes or more just to get it to refresh the map hehe.

Regarding SFTP in 3.20.
If I delete the downloaded map folder this error occurs when I start the program and try to load the map.
If I copy back the save it loads fine and I can sometimes (rarely) refresh to download new version.

Mode: Mode_Ftp

Save:
D:\ArkViewer2021-3-20\Genesis 2\gen2.ark

Trace:
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.Min(IEnumerable`1 source)
   at ARKViewer.frmViewer.RefreshWildSummary() in F:\Projects\VS\ARKViewer-Master\ARKViewer\frmViewer.cs:line 1993
   at ARKViewer.frmViewer.LoadContent(ContentManager manager) in F:\Projects\VS\ARKViewer-Master\ARKViewer\frmViewer.cs:line 168
   at ARKViewer.Program.Main() in F:\Projects\VS\ARKViewer-Master\ARKViewer\Program.cs:line 249

Best of luck, back to fixing a mod myself 😛

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, StevenB said:

... but atm it's a pain to find one that doesn't since it can take 5-10 minutes or more just to get it to refresh the map hehe.

5-10 minutes?  What load times did you have in previous version before I did the reverse lookup to create fake tribe/ark models based on the tame/structures left behind.

... you obviously never used the earlier versions.  It used to take 25+ minutes to load some of the forum users data and I got it down to less than 5.  My own map loads in less than 10 seconds - single small server, single small tribe.. no uploaded players.

9 minutes ago, StevenB said:

Regarding SFTP in 3.20.
If I delete the downloaded map folder this error occurs when I start the program and try to load the map.
If I copy back the save it loads fine and I can sometimes (rarely) refresh to download new version.

I love working with fellow developers. Nice detailed step by step on how to reproduce a bug, not just a "it's broken" report :)

Edited by MirageUK
  • Thanks 1

On 6/13/2021 at 7:50 AM, StevenB said:

No, they load in under a minute for Gen2 atm. IF it loads 😛
The issue is just that 9 out of 10 times it just shows me the wrong data and not the newly downloaded one or the one I manually copied in (while in SFTP mode).
Sorry for the confusion.

You got it set to Sychronise in the options instead of Clean? Found an issue with the SFTP stuff where it sets timestamp on local file but doesn't use UTC.. but then attempts to compare with UTC when checking for new versions which could cause a mismatch and no new file to be downloaded in Synchronise mode.

FtpOption.jpg.53bbf0fb2e902def6f44d6236e68deae.jpg

FYI guys it's going to be a couple of weeks now before the next release.

I'm currently looking at using the same toolkit that Ark Smart Breeding uses which is a stripped back version of the one I currently use and have issues with (duplicate tames / missing cryos etc.)

It's going to take me a number of days to switch everyhing over to this other toolkit, and re-add the Vivarium support I added in my own version but long term should be easier to support and have less issues.

• Like 3

The framework I currently use has definitely helped me flesh out the various features and functions of ASV and was good to get into it quickly  at the time. 

Now I know more about the ark data I'm finding that the toolkit loads in a LOT more than needed and then loads it all again into its own abstraction layer.. then I read it all again into my own models.  Makes more sense to re-visit the framework used and just read in the bits that I now use in ASV.

Don't worry - Queen's (reapers and bees) will still appear as Female in the new version :)

• Thanks 2

FYI quick progress update.  Last night I re-worked the Wilds, Tames and Tame Inventories to use Flachdachs toolkit. 

This evening I will be working on tribes/players then will look at structures.

Unless I encounter any major issues my original guestimate of a couple weeks might have been a little pesimistic and I may have something ready for the end of this week.

• Thanks 4

Ok quick update before work.

Didn't get as far as doing the Tribes & Players yet however I did get the various map structures, and their contents, loaded in. So it's getting the various obelisk/termina/nest/beaver dam stuff including inventories and eggs.

Tonight I hope to get the tribes/players hooked up and then spend the weekend testing it all before hopefully putting out a new release to you all Sunday evening/Monday morning.

• Thanks 2

Now got Tribes and Players populated except for the SteamId - that data only seems to get stored in the individual .arkprofile files so looks like I'm going to have to read them in too.. which will make it a little slower than it is now but I can look at performance once it's all converted.

To be honest I was hoping this other framework provided enough in-game save information on players I would only need to read the appropriate .arktribes for the tribe log info.

@xMajix - No idea but I'm completely re-writing it at the moment so no point me investigating any of the current stuff until I have migrated it all to use a new framework to read in the game data files.

Update in the next couple of days.  If that version still has issues with your ftp I will try and help investigate.

Got all existing functionality hooked up now except for dropped items/death bags/corpses. 

Still on schedule  for a release by Monday.

...edit

Sorry guys, actually had a day off yesterday and played some ARK for once.  Back on it this evening and will provide update on where I'm at with it all.

Edited by MirageUK
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1