Admin / Trusted Player Tool - Game Save Visualiser

MirageUK

4 minutes ago, Rattgtg said:

Dont know if you have looked into the structure error but its still happening with the lastest build

I don't get that with any of the game backups I have available.

Is it showing same error code / line information?  Could you possibly zip up and upload your backup files somehwere I can get a copy to debug and work out what's wrong?

Loving the new updates :)

I have two issues so far with 3.10
First is I am unable to add SFTP (SSH), but I worked around it by using old config. It does fail the initial download, but refresh then works.
Second is error when opening Player Explorer:

Mode: Mode_Ftp

Save:
C:\Users\Steven\Downloads\ArkViewer2021-3-10\Genesis2\gen2.ark

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Trace:
   at ARKViewer.ContentManager.<>c__DisplayClass58_0.<GetInventory>b__0(ContentInventory i) in F:\Projects\VS\ARKViewer-Master\ARKViewer\ContentManager.cs:line 119
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.FirstOrDefault[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
   at ARKViewer.ContentManager.GetInventory(Int64 inventoryId) in F:\Projects\VS\ARKViewer-Master\ARKViewer\ContentManager.cs:line 119
   at ARKViewer.frmPlayerInventoryViewer..ctor(ContentManager manager, ContentPlayer selectedPlayer) in F:\Projects\VS\ARKViewer-Master\ARKViewer\frmPlayerInventoryViewer.cs:line 317
   at ARKViewer.frmViewer.btnPlayerInventory_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in F:\Projects\VS\ARKViewer-Master\ARKViewer\frmViewer.cs:line 2154
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, StevenB said:

First is I am unable to add SFTP (SSH), but I worked around it by using old config. It does fail the initial download, but refresh then works.

What would it not allow you to do on this one out of curiosity?  I don't personally have a sftp server to test it out but could have missed some code from previous version when re-working things.

Version 3.11 now available.

http://www.miragesoftware.co.uk/ARK/Apps/ArkViewer2021-3-11.zip

Bug Fixes

• Fixed the player inventory issue - @Shadowski666
  • More error checking to ensure items returned with no data crash when loading into my content pack format - found a few using @Rattgtg save backup so thanks for that :)
  • Updated code so that map viewer isn't loaded in background, and map draw isn't attempted when changing selection in the grids unless the user has map viewer visible.

Work in progress

• Updating map draw code so that it only re-draws the parts that have changed.
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, MirageUK said:

What would it not allow you to do on this one out of curiosity?  I don't personally have a sftp server to test it out but could have missed some code from previous version when re-working things.

When verifying password this happens, it sometimes happen quick, other times it takes a bit. Works fine in the old versions :)

ARKSaveViewer_LVJ9JiMB2a.png

Cheers, so it's connecting - but having issues with my file listing commands. 

I'll investigate - the download itself goes straight to the file path you specified so that continues to work but the browser tries to list things to allow you to navigate and explore down.

...edit

... or maybe I rushed out the release without finishing the sftp listing code. Will hopefully sort it either later this evening or tomorrow now. I just want to play for a couple hours - be patient :)

Edited by MirageUK
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MirageUK said:

Cheers, so it's connecting - but having issues with my file listing commands. 

I'll investigate - the download itself goes straight to the file path you specified so that continues to work but the browser tries to list things to allow you to navigate and explore down.

...edit

... or maybe I rushed out the release without finishing the sftp listing code. Will hopefully sort it either later this evening or tomorrow now. I just want to play for a couple hours - be patient :)

Seems it's not refreshing reliably, but after restarting program I can sometimes get it to refresh once :P
And don't stress about releasing updates asap ^^ You deserve to play just like the rest of us 😃
I just try to provide information that can help you fix it faster when you do work on it. Currently working on 3 mod updates myself.

1 hour ago, Rattgtg said:

Seems there is a duplation of players and some tribes within the program

Same, the ones I found were merged tribes where it no longer exists on the server as an .arktribe

ARKSaveViewer_a5x10Tqzzs.png

• Thanks 1

I also noticed the duplicated names in your data @Rattgtg - I'll check tomorrow but I believe the other player/tribe is empty - so I'll see if I broke the setting to hide them ones in the overhaul by enabling in to test tomorrow.

I'll also look at the refresh issue, but it might be related to the sftp code so could take me a little longer to first setup a free sftp server to test with.

... edit

Found issue with duplicate players/tribes.  Have a fix to test after work today then once I've got the sftp server setup and done some testing on that I will put together a release.

Edited by MirageUK

@Elgar - not sure on tames.  Possibly as it uses the tribes it loads to then populate the various structures and tames for them tribes and players.  So a duplicate of player due to the tribe merge thing might pull in tames by player and include one for each tribe that player is in.. even though they aren't really in the old tribe anymore.

Let me get the update out this evening after work and if you still have the same issue let me have a copy of your game files - with details of which tames you see duplicates of, and I'll investigate.

Lunch time.. get some testing done whilst having a sarny.

Last night I believe I did the folowing and should be included in this evenings release unless I find issues myself.

• Fixed / Implemented sFtp browser and added code to download / refresh to display any appropriate message if the connection or download fails.
  • Fixed the duplicate / merged tribes and players. Hopefully also fixes @Elgars duplicate tames.
  • Implemented content image cache so that it doesn't have to re-draw every marker if only the selected item has changed. Performance boost when moving between items in the already selected tab and filter type(s).
  • Updated image markers for consistency.  I preferred the blue outline and light background of the "Player Structures" map image instead of the full blue with no border marker.  Allows me to better see overlapped markers.

StandardColours.jpg.59230d561d45308ff32b941d7655b9f4.jpg

Looking forward to update, but take your time and leave some time to play as well!
Been relatively lucky with refreshing from SFTP today :)
I get this error when trying to open player explorer in 3.11

Save:
C:\Users\Steven\Downloads\ArkViewer2021-3-11\Genesis2\gen2.ark

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Trace:
   at ARKViewer.ContentManager.<>c__DisplayClass61_0.<GetInventory>b__0(ContentInventory i) in F:\Projects\VS\ARKViewer-Master\ARKViewer\ContentManager.cs:line 151
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.FirstOrDefault[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
   at ARKViewer.ContentManager.GetInventory(Int64 inventoryId) in F:\Projects\VS\ARKViewer-Master\ARKViewer\ContentManager.cs:line 151
   at ARKViewer.frmPlayerInventoryViewer..ctor(ContentManager manager, ContentPlayer selectedPlayer) in F:\Projects\VS\ARKViewer-Master\ARKViewer\frmPlayerInventoryViewer.cs:line 315
   at ARKViewer.frmViewer.btnPlayerInventory_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in F:\Projects\VS\ARKViewer-Master\ARKViewer\frmViewer.cs:line 2162
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

• Thanks 1

@StevenB Reproduced and fixed for next release. Thanks for the report.

You guys use many more features than I do so unfortunately it does mean you get the errors before I test and see them myself.

I literally use it to hunt for wilds with good stats to add to my breeds... so the wild tab and the tamed tabs only :)

Edited by MirageUK
  • Thanks 1

Version 3.12 now available.

http://www.miragesoftware.co.uk/ARK/Apps/ArkViewer2021-3-12.zip

Features

•  Map draw now caches last grid detail for performance when switching between individual items in the grid.
  •  sFtp support now coded and so far my own testing seems to be working.
  •  Map draw markers updated to be consistent - light background, blue border.

Bug fixes

•  Duplicate tribes/players.. maybe tames - if you can please check and confirm @Elgar
  •  Crash loading selected player view.
  •  Changed filter to determine any map-save based obelisk/terminal location data to: StartsWith("TributeTerminal_") for Standard Obelisks or Contains("CityTerminal_") for Extinction City Terminals to prevent it picking up non obelisk/terminal mod added structures.

Work in progress

•  Preview (not coded) of how I'm going to do the breeding helper - not coded up and working yet but you can see the tabs and basic options.  I intend on adding another screen for filters limiting by min/max stat difference to selected tame for each individual base stat and colours.
  •  Preview (not coded) of how I'm going to list colours, creature classes, structure classes of current loaded map that don't have friendly mapped names/icons/categories in the settings page.

Backlog

•  Re-add ability to schedule auto-refresh of loaded ASV data.
  •  Re-work log file outputs to be unique per instance and clean-up after 30 days.
  •  Re-visit player mission scores / progress.
  •  Re-visit item stat/quality data.
  •  Implement a REST api server option to allow server admins to provide data to players as a service without having to provide access to raw save game data.
  •  Implement client library to load ASV packs from server admin provided ASV REST URL.
  •  Add option to cache tribes/players locally to retain data visibility if they leave your server.
  •  Possibly look into RCON to see what functionality it might add to ASV.
  •  Final pass on the user interface.
  •  User guide WIKI
  •   .. as always, support for future official maps or user requested mod maps where information is available.

... edit

Noglin investigation

Single player, spawned one in Eden zone and quickly saved game before it hit the ground.  Checked the raw save game data - bypassing the various toolkits to check the data in a raw format to make sure the toolkits weren't losing anything on load.  I could find NO reference to any brain_slug or noglin so it appears the wilds don't persist in game save data.

As another test I did the same again, only this time I chained the FORCETAME command to insta-tame it on spawn then saved the game.  Sure enough - ASV now lists BrainSlug_Character_BP_C in the tamed list.

Appears to be that the game does not persist the spawned wild noglins on game save.

Edited by MirageUK
Update on Noglin findings.
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, MirageUK said:
  •  Duplicate tribes/players.. maybe tames - if you can please check and confirm @Elgar

Hi MirageUK, no more duplicates in tribes, players or tames ! Thank you ! :)👍

FYI, at first I wasn't able to load my savegame (using FTP), because I got an error, but after closing and restarting ASV everything was fine.

This was the error message :

Save:
D:\jerem\Desktop\ArkViewer2021-3-12\Extinction\Extinction.ark

Une ou plusieurs erreurs se sont produites.

Trace:
   à System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions)
   à System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   à System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.ForWorker[TLocal](Int32 fromInclusive, Int32 toExclusive, ParallelOptions parallelOptions, Action`1 body, Action`2 bodyWithState, Func`4 bodyWithLocal, Func`1 localInit, Action`1 localFinally)
   à System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.ForEachWorker[TSource,TLocal](IEnumerable`1 source, ParallelOptions parallelOptions, Action`1 body, Action`2 bodyWithState, Action`3 bodyWithStateAndIndex, Func`4 bodyWithStateAndLocal, Func`5 bodyWithEverything, Func`1 localInit, Action`1 localFinally)
   à System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.ForEach[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Action`1 body)
   à ARKViewer.Models.ContentPack.LoadGameData(ArkGameData gd) dans F:\Projects\VS\ARKViewer-Master\ARKViewer\Models\ContentPack.cs:ligne 309
   à ARKViewer.Models.ContentPack..ctor(ArkGameData gd, Int64 selectedTribeId, Int64 selectedPlayerId, Decimal lat, Decimal lon, Decimal rad, Boolean includeGameStructures, Boolean includeGameStructureContent, Boolean includeTribesPlayers, Boolean includeTamed, Boolean includeWild, Boolean includePlayerStructures, Boolean includeDropped) dans F:\Projects\VS\ARKViewer-Master\ARKViewer\Models\ContentPack.cs:ligne 103
   à ARKViewer.Models.ContentPack..ctor(ArkGameData gd, Int32 selectedTribeId, Int32 selectedPlayerId, Decimal lat, Decimal lon, Decimal rad) dans F:\Projects\VS\ARKViewer-Master\ARKViewer\Models\ContentPack.cs:ligne 107
   à ARKViewer.Program.LoadContentPack(String contentFilename) dans F:\Projects\VS\ARKViewer-Master\ARKViewer\Program.cs:ligne 602
   à ARKViewer.frmViewer.RefreshMap() dans F:\Projects\VS\ARKViewer-Master\ARKViewer\frmViewer.cs:ligne 2028
   à ARKViewer.frmViewer.btnRefresh_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) dans F:\Projects\VS\ARKViewer-Master\ARKViewer\frmViewer.cs:ligne 2056
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)

• Thanks 1

Thank you ! Another error if it may be useful for you :

Save:
D:\jerem\Desktop\ArkViewer2021-3-12\Extinction\Extinction.ark

Une ou plusieurs erreurs se sont produites.

Trace:
   à System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions)
   à System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   à System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.ForWorker[TLocal](Int32 fromInclusive, Int32 toExclusive, ParallelOptions parallelOptions, Action`1 body, Action`2 bodyWithState, Func`4 bodyWithLocal, Func`1 localInit, Action`1 localFinally)
   à System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.ForEachWorker[TSource,TLocal](IEnumerable`1 source, ParallelOptions parallelOptions, Action`1 body, Action`2 bodyWithState, Action`3 bodyWithStateAndIndex, Func`4 bodyWithStateAndLocal, Func`5 bodyWithEverything, Func`1 localInit, Action`1 localFinally)
   à System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.ForEach[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Action`1 body)
   à ARKViewer.Models.ContentPack.LoadGameData(ArkGameData gd) dans F:\Projects\VS\ARKViewer-Master\ARKViewer\Models\ContentPack.cs:ligne 670
   à ARKViewer.Models.ContentPack..ctor(ArkGameData gd, Int64 selectedTribeId, Int64 selectedPlayerId, Decimal lat, Decimal lon, Decimal rad, Boolean includeGameStructures, Boolean includeGameStructureContent, Boolean includeTribesPlayers, Boolean includeTamed, Boolean includeWild, Boolean includePlayerStructures, Boolean includeDropped) dans F:\Projects\VS\ARKViewer-Master\ARKViewer\Models\ContentPack.cs:ligne 103
   à ARKViewer.Models.ContentPack..ctor(ArkGameData gd, Int32 selectedTribeId, Int32 selectedPlayerId, Decimal lat, Decimal lon, Decimal rad) dans F:\Projects\VS\ARKViewer-Master\ARKViewer\Models\ContentPack.cs:ligne 107
   à ARKViewer.Program.LoadContentPack(String contentFilename) dans F:\Projects\VS\ARKViewer-Master\ARKViewer\Program.cs:ligne 602
   à ARKViewer.Program.Main() dans F:\Projects\VS\ARKViewer-Master\ARKViewer\Program.cs:ligne 224

I noticed another issue, I have missing tames in ASV. For example I have 22 Gachas in my base, 2 outside and 20 in cryopods. But I see only 12 Gachas in my base in ASV.

Send it over in pm if you can.. I know of issue with missing cryo tames that I cant narrow down and fix atm but can look into the non cryo tames.

..edit

Actually don't bother - sounds like the missing ones are the ones in cryo not the 2 outside.  I know of that issue and I can't seem to narrow it down atm.  If you pop them and re-cryo - for me at least - they then seem to be picked up in ASV.

..edit 2

I think I might have spotted the issue.  Send me your files and I'll test it out before doing a new build.

Edited by MirageUK
Maybe spotted the code issue with missing cryopod tames.

One more suggestion i would put is to always show new windows on Active monitor(screen) instead of opening in saved position.

I am constantly using multiple monitors, and sometimes i switch to just using one, and when I do try to open new window with 1 monitor setup, it opens the window out of bounds and I cannot move it.

I have to reset the window position in config file to fix this.

• Facepalm 1

Will add "screen no" to the config and check before loading saved screens if that screen exists - if not then default to the center of main screen.  

I like that it remembers your tool window locations and sizes - I always use dual screen and have them over 2 monitors all the time. Would irritate me to have to push things back over to monitor 2 each time I restarted the app.

Missing cryo tames - I really think I'm onto something but just trying to understand it a little better before doing some code changes and testing.  A job for tomorrow now, almost time for me to get some sleep.

• Thanks 1

It is still listing tames more than once for some tames - it does a check on targetingteam, imprintedplayer, owningplayer... so can end up with the same item in twice or three times if all values match back to a tribe or any player in that tribe at the moment.  I have a fix for this one which will be released after work today.

Also had a little time to investigate the cryo tames this morning before work and *think* I might have a solution.  I've found the missing data in the raw game file but my multi-threaded read of them is messing up the unique id for each and missing some as the id has already been used in another thread.  Not sure how long it'll take to re-work but should fix the issue we're having with missing cryo tames.

• Thanks 2