Admin / Trusted Player Tool - Game Save Visualiser

MirageUK

You can even configure it to do content packs for a specific tribe/player - so it will only give them data that relates to them and doesn't show everybody elses stuff.

... edit

Of course this might mean you will have to start breaking.. I mean, testing.. the visual side of the app so that your users dont bother you with issues we've not found yet :)

.. alternatively if you're up for a challenge so your users don't need the windows ASV app.  You could always create a web based UI for your users/players using the exported json until I've coded up the direct REST api service ;)

Edited by MirageUK

I'm using the UI like 10% e.g. when our admins and me goes over all maps and cleaning.

So, in my case i use most time the command line. I built a full web app for our community. They really like it.

For me: dont bring too much fancy poop in your tool for CMD. The Pack/Json files was not needed i think (?) and brings more issues than output :) No offense.

Your first export version was for me already enough (ASV.exe all "output" "Savegame") 👍

Dont need to get more, we want also programming :) For me you dont need to spend time into a REST API or this Pack/Json files.

Better spend it in the UI, if its YOUR purpose and i think the most of the Users here.

Idk how do you think @Larkfields but for me it was enough to have the first CMD option.

Sure, ife we need other format or data, we already wrote :)

Edited by pleinx

Tbh the additional "json" for exports was just to make it easier for myself to code - moving the JSON export to same format/command line parameters as the new Content Pack export.

I will revisit the command line options to have both - json config and standard command line parameters but I want to keep it consistent - so the 2nd param will always be the appropriate "input" file - config or .ark.. then the 3rd will be added to support export file path/names as it did previously.  I know this is the other way around to what it was originally but I want to keep the 2nd param as the input.

So next release will support the following command lines:

• ArkSaveViewer.exe
  • ArkSaveViewer.exe all "C:\Maps\TheIsland.ark" "C:\Maps\Output\TheIsland\"
  • ArkSaveViewer.exe tribes "C:\Maps\TheIsland.ark" "C:\Maps\Output\TheIsland\tribes.json"
  • ArkSaveViewer.exe structures "C:\Maps\TheIsland.ark" "C:\Maps\Output\TheIsland\structures.json"
  • ArkSaveViewer.exe players "C:\Maps\TheIsland.ark" "C:\Maps\Output\TheIsland\player.json"
  • ArkSaveViewer.exe wild "C:\Maps\TheIsland.ark" "C:\Maps\Output\TheIsland\wild.json"
  • ArkSaveViewer.exe tamed "C:\Maps\TheIsland.ark" "C:\Maps\Output\TheIsland\tamed.json"
  • ArkSaveViewer.exe pack "C:\Config\islandPack.json"
  • ArkSaveViewer.exe json "C:\Config\islandExport.json"
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, pleinx said:

For me you dont need to spend time into a REST API or this Pack/Json files.

Better spend it in the UI, if its YOUR purpose and i think the most of the Users here.

The REST api ties in with making the data availalble for players without server admin having to export data each time.

UI will tie in with new REST api, updating player client data directly instead of having to download new content packs manually.

27 minutes ago, pleinx said:

Idk how do you think @Larkfields but for me it was enough to have the first CMD option.

Absolutely.  I use the "all" option on my server and (like with you) the players love having the dino locations available.
The admins on the server like having access to player and tribe information.

48 minutes ago, MirageUK said:

The REST api ties in with making the data availalble for players without server admin having to export data each time.

UI will tie in with new REST api, updating player client data directly instead of having to download new content packs manually.

I know REST-APIs and their purpose but for who one you plan this feature? Was a suggestion?

So next release will support the following command lines:

• ArkSaveViewer.exe
  • ArkSaveViewer.exe tribes "C:\Maps\TheIsland.ark" "C:\Maps\Output\TheIsland\tribes.json"
  • ArkSaveViewer.exe structures "C:\Maps\TheIsland.ark" "C:\Maps\Output\TheIsland\structures.json"
  • ArkSaveViewer.exe players "C:\Maps\TheIsland.ark" "C:\Maps\Output\TheIsland\player.json"
  • ArkSaveViewer.exe wild "C:\Maps\TheIsland.ark" "C:\Maps\Output\TheIsland\wild.json"
  • ArkSaveViewer.exe tamed "C:\Maps\TheIsland.ark" "C:\Maps\Output\TheIsland\tamed.json"

Thanks that you work with the feedback, the argument switch is no problemo if it helps you

47 minutes ago, Larkfields said:

Absolutely.  I use the "all" option on my server and (like with you) the players love having the dino locations available.
The admins on the server like having access to player and tribe information.

Yeah absoulutly. We have also Dino-Finder, Tribe/Player Overview and Tames. Working currently on small Breeding Tool.

For our admins i have too a admin-tab, with some special infos, too.

Edited by pleinx

Mode: Mode_Offline

Save:
\\gvoltserver\ArkServer\GV\Genesis 2\ShooterGame\Saved\SavedArks\Gen2.ark

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Trace:
   at ARKViewer.Models.ContentPack.<>c__DisplayClass134_0.<LoadGameData>b__38(ArkPlayer p) in F:\Projects\VS\ARKViewer-Master\ARKViewer\Models\ContentPack.cs:line 723
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereArrayIterator`1.MoveNext()
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
   at ARKViewer.Models.ContentPack.LoadGameData(ArkGameData gd) in F:\Projects\VS\ARKViewer-Master\ARKViewer\Models\ContentPack.cs:line 721
   at ARKViewer.Models.ContentPack..ctor(ArkGameData gd, Int64 selectedTribeId, Int64 selectedPlayerId, Decimal lat, Decimal lon, Decimal rad, Boolean includeGameStructures, Boolean includeGameStructureContent, Boolean includeTribesPlayers, Boolean includeTamed, Boolean includeWild, Boolean includePlayerStructures, Boolean includeDropped) in F:\Projects\VS\ARKViewer-Master\ARKViewer\Models\ContentPack.cs:line 103
   at ARKViewer.Models.ContentPack..ctor(ArkGameData gd, Int32 selectedTribeId, Int32 selectedPlayerId, Decimal lat, Decimal lon, Decimal rad) in F:\Projects\VS\ARKViewer-Master\ARKViewer\Models\ContentPack.cs:line 107
   at ARKViewer.Program.LoadContentPack(String contentFilename) in F:\Projects\VS\ARKViewer-Master\ARKViewer\Program.cs:line 519
   at ARKViewer.frmViewer.btnSettings_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in F:\Projects\VS\ARKViewer-Master\ARKViewer\frmViewer.cs:line 1939
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

• Thanks 1

@Rattgtg I also found this one this morning but between playing Gen 2, going out for a meal for lunch and doing some shopping I've not had chance to get a fix built and out yet.

It's a bug that exists in both UI and command line versions so will have it fixed in next couple of hours.  Basically me not doing checks around location data and such before trying to read them into my new "content pack" format.

Edited by MirageUK

Hi MirageUK, I noticed a little bug with version 3.8 : one of my Fire Wyverns in a cryopod is listed twice. If you want I can send you the savegame, but I don't remember how (mail maybe ?).

Another thing : when I was using ASV a few months ago, I was giving my players on my servers a zipped ASV with my config.json file. That way they could connect to my FTP account and refresh the ASV content as much as needed, and it was "safe" for me since they couldn't see my FTP credentials, because as soon as a FTP access was configured you could only delete it, but not edit it.

Now, with the new ASV, you can edit the FTP configuration after its creation. And, even though the password is hidden, you can see the login name for example, and browse the FTP server.

I trust my friends of course, but I would prefer if, like with the old ASV versions, I could give them a preconfigured ASV but with no access to editing the FTP configuration.

I hope my explanations were clear enough, English is not my native language. 😛

• Thanks 1

Version 3.9 now available.

http://www.miragesoftware.co.uk/Ark/Apps/ArkViewer2021-3-9.zip

Features

• Re-implemented non-config JSON command line exports. @Larkfields @pleinx
  • Added an FTP password verification prompt before allowing connection in the FTP settings browser. @Elgar - will this work for your new scenario?

Bug Fixes

• More error checking to ensure items returned with no location data crash when loading into my content pack format.
  • Amended Map view window so that it no longer covers the main grid window.

New supported command lines examples:

• ArkSaveViewer.exe
  • ArkSaveViewer.exe structures "C:\Maps\TheIsland.ark" "C:\Maps\Output\TheIsland\structures.json"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MirageUK said:
  • Added an FTP password verification prompt before allowing connection in the FTP settings browser. @Elgar - will this work for your new scenario?

Almost ! It would be best if the verification prompt could appear when you click the Edit button (the pencil icon, which by the way has a wrong tooltip) in the Settings window, instead of appearing when you click the Connect button in the FTP Server browser window. Because when you are inside the FTP Server browser window, you are already able to see the username.

Sorry, I hope I'm not nitpicking too much... In any case I already appreciate a lot this new 3.9 version.

• Thanks 1

@Elgar - I'll move the check in next version to check and prevent edit if incorrect password entered when clicking the pencil icon - which has also now had the tooltip updated. 

I will be doing a final UI pass once everything settles down and check things like this.  Some screens have em, others don't.. I can't remember which anymore to update them - or remove them if not required now I'm going to be working on a WIKI guide for it.

• Thanks 1

Anytime try to click on a structure in the structure tab

Mode: Mode_Offline

Save:
\\gvoltserver\ArkServer\GV\Genesis 2\ShooterGame\Saved\SavedArks\Gen2.ark

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Trace:
   at ARKViewer.ContentManager.<>c__DisplayClass61_0.<GetInventory>b__0(ContentInventory i) in F:\Projects\VS\ARKViewer-Master\ARKViewer\ContentManager.cs:line 135
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.FirstOrDefault[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
   at ARKViewer.ContentManager.GetInventory(Int64 inventoryId) in F:\Projects\VS\ARKViewer-Master\ARKViewer\ContentManager.cs:line 135
   at ARKViewer.frmViewer.lvwStructureLocations_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e) in F:\Projects\VS\ARKViewer-Master\ARKViewer\frmViewer.cs:line 2499
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.WmReflectNotify(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.WndProc(Message& m)

)

• Thanks 1

Version 3.10 now available.

http://www.miragesoftware.co.uk/Ark/Apps/ArkViewer2021-3-10.zip

Features

• Moved password verification for editing saved FTP details so that it fires before providing access to the FTP file browser screen.

Fixes

• Fixed issue where the wild summary would limit itself to None, All and the LAST selected type after filtering min/max levels, lat, lon and radius filters.
  • Amended Map view window so that it no longer covers the main grid window.
  • Updated code so that map view is refreshed if selected game map is changed when map view is open.
  • More error checking to ensure item information is available before attempting to check their values.
Edited by MirageUK
  • Thanks 1

Hello MirageUK, first of all thanks for continuing updating for free your arkTool, really appreciate it.

I just want to mention the bug that I have encountered, apologies if those were mentioned before.

I have currently updated my tool build to version 3.10 at the writing of this post, and encountered the bug of when going into the player Explorer window, the "Player Inventory" tab appears to be empty. I think you mentioned that it has been fixed in version 3.0 but I looks like still experiencing this problem in 3.10

• Thanks 1

Multi-threading strikes again. Leave it with me and I'll look into it after work this evening.

Decided to take afternoon off to play Gen2 so had a quick look. Nothing to do with multi-threading code, issues is I'm asking for inventory - passing in playerId instead of my own inventoryId value so it's not linking properly on that screen.

Will get an update out later on this afternoon after playing a little ARK myself.

Edited by MirageUK

Hello @MirageUK trying to exporting data and getting an error like picture. If I can export data as json file how can I edit one tamed creature info like coordinate and import to save data again.(btw I dont know its posibility) Actually handling to some lost dinos in Genesis2 Lunar Biome) They are disappearing when go to space. And also I cant see wild creatures list on Wiever as picture. I will attach 3 of pictures. 

crash report.png

emptywildcreatures.png

Lunarbasedissapear.png

Edited by TLARKTURKIYE

23 minutes ago, TLARKTURKIYE said:

Hello @MirageUK trying to exporting data and getting an error like picture. If I can export data as json file how can I edit one tamed creature info like coordinate and import to save data again.(btw I dont know its posibility) Actually handling to some lost dinos in Genesis2 Lunar Biome) They are disappearing when go to space. And also I cant see wild creatures list on Wiever as picture. I will attach 3 of pictures. 

crash report.png

Access to the path denied.. does what it says on the tin.  Permissions issue.  Save elsewhere or run as administrator.

emptywildcreatures.png

Lunarbasedissapear.png

ITS EMPTY... "Creature: PLEASE SELECT" - tried selecting one?

Last answer - tool is readonly.  I have no idea how you'd do such things and usually just do things in-game using backups I restore to single player for any retrieval of items to upload and download back onto my server.

Edited by MirageUK

Idk - doesn't appear to be any on our server either that have been picked up.  I'll check the code over, might not be the same as other creatures so not read in?.. although all the other variants and reapers appear to be there?

... edit

Loadin up single player, spawning one in and doing a saveworld ... doesn't show in ASV. 

Will investigate and see how they are stored  / retrieved in the underlying toolkit.

... edit

Doesn't look like they are being returned from raw data and tbh I don't really understand that raw file format to investigate effectively.  I bumbled my way through the cryopod stuff based on suggestions of others on the forum on what I might need to do.

Oddly enough although the noglin character itself isn't returned, data about the player effect when it latches on are - so it's somewhat aware of what they do, just not who they are.

Edited by MirageUK
No support in underlying toolkit from raw save format.