Admin / Trusted Player Tool - Game Save Visualiser

MirageUK

I'm adding a lot more error handling code in the next release and totally re-working both the command line export and FTP server configuration features. 

Getting late now though so more testing in the morning I think now.

Send me a copy of the map data if you can please @Larkfields - I'll make sure that it definitely works in my test code before I do a release tomorrow.  Sooo many changes and you always seem to have good data to break my bad code :)

Edited by MirageUK
  • Thanks 1

Ok Mirage thank you again, btw I want to ask you something so I am so newbie on server admin. A player lost his items when he come back. I can see that items with your wiever from old backup file. Is it possible to get that item(like export data) from old .ark file and add to last one (like import data). Actually I am trying to give him his losts easily instead change his .profile file with old one 

What I generally do with things like that is restore the backup on my local single player, teleport, takeallstructure, takealldino.. get items Im interested in restoring and use obelisk/s+ tek transsmitter to upload the items.. then I download them on my actual server to give back to the user.

If they are still in his/her inventory you might also have to kill them to access their inventory on sleeping bodiess.

Edited by MirageUK

1 hour ago, MirageUK said:

What I generally do with things like that is restore the backup on my local single player, teleport, takeallstructure, takealldino.. get items Im interested in restoring and use obelisk/s+ tek transsmitter to upload the items.. then I download them on my actual server to give back to the user.

If they are still in his/her inventory you might also have to kill them to access their inventory on sleeping bodiess.

I found his profile backup and I renamed profile name as my Steam id after that  I added that file to another server which is he has nothing inside. but when I join to that server I am respawning. and there is no item on my inventory. I need to figure out this things it will be big upgrade for me :) I know you have no time to explain somethings. but if someone can explain step by step it will be great help for me ❤️ appreciated it again

1 hour ago, MirageUK said:

Another thing I am running server from on VDS machine. and I cant get backup files to my own computer to use on local single player. I have to do this job with ASM and on the server machine. Little tips will save my poor life ^^

Not personally used ASM. I tend to do everything manually and have FTP access to my server.

Step by step for the server save to single player?

• Download the appropriate ARK save game you are interested in from your server (file ending .ARK - usually in a folder "ShooterGame/Saved/SavedARKS/")
  • If you haven't already, start up a single player on the map you want for it to create the appropriate folders and such you'll need to restore server map to then close the game.
  • Find the appropriate single player save folder in your steam apps library: "%SteamLibrary%/common/ARK/ShooterGame/Saved/" - if there isn't a map specific folder there it will be under the old SavedArksLocal folder.
  • Delete the single player files in this folder. 
  • Copy your backup into this folder then rename your backup server file to the original game save file name.
  • Startup your single player, continue on the map, spawn in etc.
  • Use ASV to get co-ords of thing your interested in and use the copy-command for "SetPlayerPos".
  • To gain access to structure/tame/player inventory. When looking at the thing your interested in use cheat commands to:
    • cheat TakeAllDinos
    • cheat TakeAllStructure
  • Take what you like then get yourself to an Obelisk/Terminal/S+ Tek Transmitter and upload the items you want to.
  • Close game. 
  • Re-join your server and get to an Obelisk/Terminal/S+ Tek transmitter to download the item(s) you uploaded.
  • Gift back to player.
Edited by MirageUK

Unfortunately once the .arkprofile has been removed / uploaded off the server the toolkit has no way of knowing they ever existed. 

There may be some residual trace if I do a reverse lookup on the Tamed/Imprinted player id of remaining tames, or maybe an id and name if one is available attached to an orphaned structure they personally built.  I doubt this is going to be comprehensive enough for your needs but I'll look into it - it did something like this previously and was lost in the re-work.

Other than that... maybe keep a scheduled local copy of the .arkprofiles somewhere to copy the game save into when you want the information?

... edit

Looking at the toolkit code at the moment between completing this FTP feature and I might be able to use it to read in cached copies of tribe/profiles.  If so then I can look at adding an option to locally cache profile data and read in the caches ones that dont have a live one anymore.

Edited by MirageUK

FYI I've now got the ftp browser stuff working - just refactoring and re-designing the screens before re-testing and doing a build.  Hopefully in next hour as we now look like we've got a running Gen 2 server to play :)

.. forgot about sFtp implementation so looks like it'll be tomorrow now before the release.

Hey WC, if you're watching, does this release guestimate and pushback experience get me a job?

Edited by MirageUK
pushback

6 hours ago, MirageUK said:

Btw, completely off topic, but what host do you guys use and is it ok running Genesis 2?

My host seems to just time players out all the time when running Gen 2 so might look atm moving to  a different company if you have any recommendations.. UK based if possible.

I have been with LogicServers (UK based society) for the last three years, both for ARK and Conan Exiles, and their service is incredibly good IMHO. Very stable, and if there is an issue they usually reply to your ticket in a few minutes. I don't play Genesis 2 right now, but according to what I read on LogicServers Discord the issue is that Genesis 2 uses around 12-13 GB of RAM, i.e. 2 x the amount used by other maps. At LogicServers they have raised the limit allocated to every ARK user, but it's best anyway to ask for a RAM upgrade until ARK devs solve the issue.

Edited by Elgar
  • Like 1

In germany the most owner have dedicated servers by hetzer (including me). The memory issue is currently really really hard. Our Gen2 server takes currently 14.4-14.6GB Memory. Most maps needs about 5.5-7GB when empty.

I created already a ticket for this mem issue, i hope wildcard cares about this. 

Edited by pleinx

1 minute ago, pleinx said:

In germany the most owner have dedicated servers by hetzer (including me). The memory issue is currently really really hard. Our Gen2 server takes currently 14.4-14.6GB Memory. Most maps needs about 5.5-7GB when empty.

I created already a ticket for this mem issue, i hope wildcard cares about this. 

Yeah that's the issue I have with my current host.. simply overloaded them everybody moving to Gen 2.  Logic appear to run on linux servers.. so less memory required for the OS itself meaning it still runs I guess?.. or the just have better servers :)

I'm using Linux too, the RAM issue is there little bit inferior windows. Talked with some owners which hosts on windows, they gen2 server takes 12-12.5GB Mem (still too high, yes) and linux takes currently around 14GB.

Yes sure, the os itself takes less memory, thats true. We will see what wildcard is doing. Maybe they have logging stuff enabled for the first weeks which needs more RAM idk

10 minutes ago, MirageUK said:

Yeah that's the issue I have with my current host.. simply overloaded them everybody moving to Gen 2.  Logic appear to run on linux servers.. so less memory required for the OS itself meaning it still runs I guess?.. or the just have better servers :)

Some related posts by LogicServers staff yesterday on their Discord :

14GB is the RAM allocated to you when you purchase an Ark server.

Right now we offer 21Gb and 28Gb RAM upgrades, we may do an inbetween of 14 and 21 as we don't really think Genesis needs 21 and it's quite a bit more per month

We just made a change to RAM so it'll show 14Gb or whatever your limit is but it allows you to use +1.5Gb than your limit

• Like 1

This popups somethings while exporting (different maps)

Mode: Mode_SinglePlayer

Save:

Trace:
   bei System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions)
   bei System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   bei System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.ForWorker[TLocal](Int32 fromInclusive, Int32 toExclusive, ParallelOptions parallelOptions, Action`1 body, Action`2 bodyWithState, Func`4 bodyWithLocal, Func`1 localInit, Action`1 localFinally)
   bei System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.ForEachWorker[TSource,TLocal](IEnumerable`1 source, ParallelOptions parallelOptions, Action`1 body, Action`2 bodyWithState, Action`3 bodyWithStateAndIndex, Func`4 bodyWithStateAndLocal, Func`5 bodyWithEverything, Func`1 localInit, Action`1 localFinally)
   bei System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.ForEach[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Action`1 body)
   bei ARKViewer.Models.ContentPack.LoadGameData(ArkGameData gd) in F:\Projects\VS\ARKViewer-Master\ARKViewer\Models\ContentPack.cs:Zeile 657.
   bei ARKViewer.Models.ContentPack..ctor(ArkGameData gd, Int64 selectedTribeId, Int64 selectedPlayerId, Decimal lat, Decimal lon, Decimal rad, Boolean includeGameStructures, Boolean includeGameStructureContent, Boolean includeTribesPlayers, Boolean includeTamed, Boolean includeWild, Boolean includePlayerStructures) in F:\Projects\VS\ARKViewer-Master\ARKViewer\Models\ContentPack.cs:Zeile 102.