Admin / Trusted Player Tool - Game Save Visualiser

MirageUK

The error I get is...

C:\ArkServer>echo 04/09/2022 18:51:57.29
04/09/2022 18:51:57.29

C:\ArkServer>cd C:\ArkTools\ArkViewer-4-3-0-4

C:\ArkTools\ArkViewer-4-3-0-4>ASVExport.exe all C:\ArkServer\ShooterGame\ShooterGame\Saved\SavedFjordur\Fjordur.ark c:\temp\Ark\dinos.json
ASV Command Line Started with 4 parameters.
CommandLineArg-0 = C:\ArkTools\ArkViewer-4-3-0-4\ASVExport.dll
CommandLineArg-1 = all
CommandLineArg-2 = C:\ArkServer\ShooterGame\ShooterGame\Saved\SavedFjordur\Fjordur.ark
CommandLineArg-3 = c:\temp\Ark\dinos.json
Failed export for: C:\ArkServer\ShooterGame\ShooterGame\Saved\SavedFjordur\Fjordur.ark - Ex: capacity was less than the current size. (Parameter 'value')

C:\ArkTools\ArkViewer-4-3-0-4>echo 04/09/2022 18:52:01.91
04/09/2022 18:52:01.91

C:\ArkTools\ArkViewer-4-3-0-4>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, GamingSanctum said:

Does anyone know if this is still supported? Does they have a discord or anything?

I've sent a direct message.  I don't think Mirage plays Ark any more, but I'm hopeful that he'll respond.
I've looked at the code, but it's impossible to work out the problem without understanding the structure of the ark save files.

Maybe someone from WildCard could let us know what was changed in the file structure ?

• Like 2

New release now available - 4.5.0.0

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15r5gvKeE20hQ8G3nFQBiBbQa7Z767VkX/view?usp=sharing

Features

• New export options to export map structure data where available: Obelisks/Terminals, Oil Veins, Gas Veins, Water Veins, Charge Nodes, Artifacts, Wyvern Nests, Deino Nests, Drake Nests, Magma Nests, Beaver Dams and Glitches. @Vertyco
    • Ark Viewer Configuration - Export Tab - Export Map Structures.
    • Ark Viewer Map Structures (basic export of location) - right click and export the grid results.
    • ArkViewer.exe "map" "C:\Folder\ArkSave.ark" "C:\folder\output\mapstructures.json"
    • ArkExport.exe "map" "C:\Folder\ArkSave.ark" "C:\folder\output\mapstructures.json"

Fixes

• Upated the save game library code to "read-past" some additional properties added to the game save data that were causing problems with the toolkit loading and parsing newer saves.  Thanks to @Larkfields who found the updated code in the ARK Smart Breeding repository... and thanks to the creator of ARK Smart Breeding who diagnosed and provided the fix so I didn't have to spend time working it out myself :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

10 hours ago, ProstheticConscience said:

I've been trying to fix it after finding your git, and while I'm good a C#, the Ark toolkit is a disaster, and have struggled. Thanks very much, from an fellow (very impressed) coder!

Working with binary files is never the most elegant - took me some time to work out how the toolkit parsed things when I wanted to get cryo creatures surfaced to my app but learned a lot in that process :)

11 hours ago, MirageUK said:

Working with binary files is never the most elegant - took me some time to work out how the toolkit parsed things when I wanted to get cryo creatures surfaced to my app but learned a lot in that process :)

I struggle with using JSON, but I'm old and learned when XML was the new hot format. I noticed the realm data addition! That's amazingly useful!

Release 4.5.0.1 now available for download:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18H64oTGBdvNWRI1nVOk3OTmYUslPDghh/view?usp=sharing

Hivesarebackintown.jpg.0c15b47c26c22838bf990c32fdf20c1d.jpg

Features

• The hives are back in town! - I spotted BeeHive_C in the latest save games so have added it into the Map Structures options.  Will also be included in the new map structures export feature. Still no sign of the queen bee's data though so who knows where WC have hidden them away.
  • Thanks 2

On 9/6/2022 at 6:22 AM, MirageUK said:

New release now available - 4.5.0.0

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15r5gvKeE20hQ8G3nFQBiBbQa7Z767VkX/view?usp=sharing

Features

• New export options to export map structure data where available: Obelisks/Terminals, Oil Veins, Gas Veins, Water Veins, Charge Nodes, Artifacts, Wyvern Nests, Deino Nests, Drake Nests, Magma Nests, Beaver Dams and Glitches. @Vertyco
    • Ark Viewer Configuration - Export Tab - Export Map Structures.
    • Ark Viewer Map Structures (basic export of location) - right click and export the grid results.
    • ArkViewer.exe "map" "C:\Folder\ArkSave.ark" "C:\folder\output\mapstructures.json"
    • ArkExport.exe "map" "C:\Folder\ArkSave.ark" "C:\folder\output\mapstructures.json"

Fixes

• Upated the save game library code to "read-past" some additional properties added to the game save data that were causing problems with the toolkit loading and parsing newer saves.  Thanks to @Larkfields who found the updated code in the ARK Smart Breeding repository... and thanks to the creator of ARK Smart Breeding who diagnosed and provided the fix so I didn't have to spend time working it out myself :)

Outstanding!  Thank you.

P.S. How do I "like" or otherwise thumb up a post?  

2 hours ago, MirageUK said:

@ANewHome if you can provide me examples of player .profile files where you know they have things in the "cloud" I can look into it but I believe there is no cloud and such data is only available on the players machine.

I interpreted the request as meaning the obolisk uploads.
I'll upload something for you to have a look at.

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, MirageUK said:

Thanks @Larkfields - based on what you sent it seems the information I have previously read from my own local saved profile - but for profile files in a "cluster" folder somewhere on your server I'm guessing?

I will investigate after work this evening and see what I can do.

That's correct.  I have the cluster folder under my "saved" directory, but it can be changed with a command line parameter.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, LustWare said:

Hello! love the tool!

question however, is it possible to see which container an item is in when doing an item search instead of just "Structure"

like it would tell me if it was in a replicator.. a dedicated storage.. or campfire..?

Will add that functionality in the next release which is expected this weekend.

Edited by MirageUK

Release 4.5.0.2 now available for download:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q7Ca69767TYWbxMpLfVE1kJXkfcdiP-y/view?usp=sharing

Features

• Export ALL from command line or settings page will now include the map structures export. @Vertyco
  • Re-worked "Offline" file mode and included option to select a cluster folder. May review FTP to include similar functionality in a future release if people need it? @BoRGaMeS
  • Added uploaded tames to UI and export files (Tamed).  
  • Added uploaded items to UI (item search, player inventory) and export files (Players). 
  • Updated Item Search tab to show the structure type for items in structure containers. @LustWare

Command Line

Standard export:

• ASVExport.exe option "C:\folder\inputArkSaveFile.ark" "C:\folder\export\exportFilename.json"
  • ArkViewer.exe option "C:\folder\inputArkSaveFile.ark" "C:\folder\export\exportFilename.json"

To include cluster data in your exports:

• ASVExport.exe option "C:\folder\inputArkSaveFile.ark" "C:\clusterdatafolder\" "C:\folder\export\exportFilename.json"
  • ArkViewer.exe option "C:\folder\inputArkSaveFile.ark" "C:\clusterdatafolder\" "C:\folder\export\exportFilename.json"

*** OFFLINE FILE MODE USERS ***

Please note this version has been re-written to use a different config format for offline file mode and will no longer read in any previous offline file links you have saved.  Offline file information will have to be re-added as required.

Edited by MirageUK
Realised my mistaked identifying players for uploaded items. They now display and export as expected.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2