Admin / Trusted Player Tool - Game Save Visualiser

MirageUK

7 minutes ago, c0mical said:

thank you, Ill have a go at adding that :) Im not sure how to work out the co-ords but google should be able to help me

• Latitude = Lat Shift + (X / Lat Div)
  • Longitude = Lon Shift + (Y / Lon Div)

In-game:

Enter creative mode, fly above mountains etc but below world barrier and use command "CCC" to get the current co-ordinates.  I use these as the base "Z" to ensure I don't teleport into mountains or the ground for my Lat/Lon shift values. 

Example. 294360 207089 15426 11.24 -21.27 (X Y Z ? ?) - last 2 are irrelevant for this, pitch and yaw direction of character.

I use 15426 and then the command:

• SetPlayerPos 0 0 15426 - the GPS co-ordinates at this point are your Lat/Lon shift values.

I then fly to various points along the map taking CCC and GPS co-ords to use agains the calculations above to see how far out they are on a spreadsheet.  I then adjust up/down the Lat/Lon Divs until my calculated GPS co-ords roughly match my in-game GPS co-ords for the X/Y values from the CCC at them points.

Probably a much easier mathematical way of doing it but that's my method.

• Like 1

Realms identified and wild creature markers color coded appropriately.  Pachy's get about a bit.. they seem to be in the main world and 2 of 3 realms.  White markers are normal world, green and gold are the realms.

Realms.thumb.jpg.a008a45f197a03a9509c318734bc5b4a.jpg

Will work on the other tabs and then add a dropdown for "Region" on the map view to swap out to the other maps as required.  Probably going to be a couple of days before I get a release together with this in.

Edited by MirageUK

Here are Fjordur's Realms' bounding boxes I collected in-game. I imagine more precision can be had by someone with the editor. Perhaps Z height range can be added to the .json map descriptors and then common code to filter the item lists /shrug ?

It looks like the layers, top to bottom, are Midgard, Jotunheim, Vannaheim, Asgard. What I don't know is the bottom boundary and if the XY Realm placement is to minimize space so the planes may intersect, eg. maybe the deepest Midgard ocean trench is below the top of Jotunheim. If so, then the filter will need to take in account all three coords of XYZ to make the bounding box... if that is indeed, how it works 😜

Using admin commands to fly up in corner and "showdebug camera"
(ASV indicates from the save file Z is 350 more than in-game "showdebug camera")

Midgard top NE
GPS Lat, Lon
00.0, 99.9
Player POS X,Y,Z
377983.469, -365083.469, 70459.055

Midgard top SW
GPS Lat, Lon
99.9, 0.00
Player POS X,Y,Z
-372453.406, 357573.531, 70459.156

Vannaheim top NE
GPS Lat, Lon
0.00, 99.9
Player POS X,Y,Z
393597.000, -403011.344, -125791.547

Vannaheim top SW (not precisely in corner though up all the way)
GPS Lat, Lon
33.1, 66.5
Player POS X,Y,Z
117962.820, -120665.750, -125791.734

Asgard top NE
GPS Lat, Lon
17.6, 56.1
Player POS X,Y,Z
43999.340, -231116.531, -269462.125

Asgard top SW
GPS Lat, Lon
68.7, 05.2
Player POS X,Y,Z
-319216.938, 133661.766, -269462.813

Jotunheim top NE (not precisely in corner though up all the way)
GPS Lat, Lon
57.8, 59.9
Player POS X,Y,Z
71036.680, 56352.563, -103541.438

Jotunheim top SW
GPS Lat, Lon
94.3, 21.6
Player POS X,Y,Z
-202710.422, 316841.438, -103541.422

Thanks @psionprime but the detail provided by @alex4401 was sufficient and has now been implemented.

{
      "MapName": "Fjordur",
      "Filename": "fjordur.ark",
      "ImageFile": "map_fjordur.png",
      "LatShift": 50.0,
      "LatDiv": 7140.0,
      "LonShift": 50.0,
      "LonDiv": 7140.0,
	  "Regions": [
		{
			"RegionName": "Asgard",
			"ImageFile": "fjordur_asgard.png",
			"LatStart": 17.47,
			"LatEnd": 68.93,
			"LonStart": 5.11,
			"LonEnd": 56.57,
			"ZStart": -435000,
			"ZEnd": -160000,
			"MarkerColor": "#eded09"
		},
		{
			"RegionName": "Vanaheim",
			"ImageFile": "fjordur_vanaheim.png",
			"LatStart": -9.15,
			"LatEnd": 33.73,
			"LonStart": 62.5,
			"LonEnd": 105.38,
			"ZStart": -190000,
			"ZEnd":  -115000,
			"MarkerColor": "#86f091"
		},
		{
			"RegionName": "Jotunheim",
			"ImageFile": "fjordur_jotenheim.png",
			"LatStart": 54.48,
			"LatEnd": 97.36,
			"LonStart": 21.35,
			"LonEnd": 64.23,
			"ZStart": -160000,
			"ZEnd": -100000,
			"MarkerColor": "#869df0"
		}		
	  ]
    }

Couple more tweaks this evening and should have a build together before the weekend.

Version 4.3.0.6 now available for download.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nMz7oY0i4LeqlxF-D5hJSjUaELz5h-mS/view?usp=sharing

FjordurAsgard.jpg.7870a17754b3617f0b266874a0275e73.jpg

Features

• Defined Fjordur realms in maps.json using data provided by @alex4401
  • Colour coded realm map markers to easily see which realm items, structures and creatures are in.
  • Added "Realm" drop down selections to: Wild, Tamed, Player Structures, Players and Dropped Items tabs.

Bug Fixes

• More work on FTP which hopefully helps those that have been experiencing problems with multiple server setups.

Todo

• Implement the Realms own images and add a dropdown to map view to select them.
  • Update map image when changing only the realm (noticed it only updates when you make other selection changes once drawn)
  • Review code used to encrypt ftp username/password.  @funtimes has found the issue relates to user/passwords which are truncated on encryption/decryption by ASV.  The initial connection works from entered details, then when it gets saved it loses characters. Example "Anonymous" becomes "Anonymou"

-- edit --

Just a quick update to let you know the FTP issues you're encoutering are definitely due to ASV stripping off characters from your saved username/password credentials. 

I have a different implementation of the encryption which doesn't do this and should have a release together this evening. 

!!IMPORTANT!! - the new update will need you to delete your config.json and re-add the appropriate servers/files etc to work with the new encryption algo's.

Edited by MirageUK
Todo list - FTP issue reproduced.
  • Thanks 1

Hi @MirageUK,

**EDIT: My page clearly did not update, apologies for the ping. I'll check out the new version and let you know if anything comes up for at least myself. Thanks again! 

I'm glad that some of the information I had was helpful. I know you don't play/host anymore, but I do appreciate you looking into at least my issue. If you need me to test anything I am happy to do that, I've got a cluster of all the official maps, so I can do some stress testing if that is at all helpful. Just let me know!

Let

Edited by letaureau
  • Like 1

Build 4.4.0.0 now available for download.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YNOGw3MLYV4dxh37n5XfOsPfVW2nneUU/view?usp=sharing

Fjordur1.jpg.5f0e66c3093e5e57e57a1f33b4e4e80f.jpg

fjordur3.jpg.22b99d60a09ac79ffd2abcf9f7c8b664.jpg

fjordur2.jpg.41858519c5f1001cc0f5dbe5bc3af300.jpg

Features

• New encryption method to allow longer strings to be encrypted in the config.json.  Should resolve issues people have been having with FTP only connecting the first time and breaking when ASV re-loaded.
  • Added realm map images and now uses the image when drawing maps if a realm is selected in the appropriate data tab.
  • Updated creaturemap.json with Fjordur creatures.

Bug Fixes

• Duplicate tames spotted in viewer. Gacha on this occasion but regardless I added more code to try and remove any duplicates from display.
  • Hover Skiffs showing when no hover skiff is at that location.  Not sure if its a MOD issue as the data I was provided was coming up as IsCryo for the Skiffs in question.  Added code to filter IsCryo creatures acting as structures out of the structure results.

IMPORTANT

This release will not work if you copy it over your existing version.  Due to changes in the encryption used a new config.json file will need to be used.

I would recommend extracing this release into its own new folder.

Unfortunately this will mean you have to setup ASV again to include any appropriate file or FTP server targets.

Edited by MirageUK
  • Like 2

Version 4.4.0.0 is working great for me! I am no longer getting the FTP error when adding multiple servers and when editing an existing folder, thank you!

Future suggestion if/when it is relevant, would it be possible to to have a "sync all" option, so if you have multiple servers, it can update all of them at the same time? Or I guess alternatively, when adding multiple servers it downloads them all the one time and then you navigate through. Can just be a little timing if you have multiple servers to go through and select the server, wait for it to download, then confirm it. **Not an issue, nor really an official request, just a pondering thought** 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2022 at 9:44 AM, dreamdefenderlol said:

Is it possible to change the stats of creatures from this tool? (What I'm really looking for is a way to change the points I invested into a creature and invest it into something else instead. Is this something that can be done in the tool?)

Nope - it's a reader. Can't make any changes to your save data using ASV.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi @Wolfamid - Its much appreciated but I don't have anyway to accept any donations and wouldn't take them anyway.  I work on this project when I get chance just to help others out.  It served its purpose for myself and my team when we played and I'm just happy that it continues to be helpful for others.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Rattgtg said:

Im having issues opening any map files that have been saved after the last ark update for servers (349.8) , anyone else having issues?

6 hours ago, Mattanarchy said:

after the most recent string of server updates I am getting the content failed to load message

Same here.  I have one 349.2 server in my cluster and ASV can read the .ark file just fine.  The two servers running 349.8 fails to load.

• Thanks 1