Admin / Trusted Player Tool - Game Save Visualiser

MirageUK

The character name, possibly level - will be available in the game save.  Unfortunately as I need more than that for the information I display on ASV I only load up players that still have data in the .arkprofile files.  

I might look at including something in a future build where it just lists the basic data for players that are still in a tribe but have uploaded off a server.

Hi Mirage. Hope your well. Great to see you back!
I installed the latest version of ASV 4.3.0.1 the other day along with the dotnet framework (Desktop and Console versions x64) and am having issues with the FTP on the new version. I imported my config over from the previous version and it would not load up most of the save files via FTP so I deleted the config.json and added the servers manually in ASV. I keep getting errors when trying to access the servers saying the password confirmation failed. Strange thing is when adding the save files in settings--->map data--->add new server, it will let me browse and add the save files. It will work intermittently but pretty much only 5% of the time. If I use version 4.1.0.8 it works ok. Not sure if there is anything I can do or if you have any suggestions? Thank you :)

ASV1.JPG

ASV2.JPG

Hey! Thanks for getting back to me. Appreciate you looking into it. Its standard FTP that we use and we have two dedicated machines with full RDP access. I get the same issue on both machines so I think you could be right. If you would also like a server to test on I can get you a free server for testing if you like? Just let me know :D

On 5/16/2022 at 5:29 PM, Shodan said:

Hey! Thanks for getting back to me. Appreciate you looking into it. Its standard FTP that we use and we have two dedicated machines with full RDP access. I get the same issue on both machines so I think you could be right. If you would also like a server to test on I can get you a free server for testing if you like? Just let me know :D

Sorry for delay - my new windows arrived and ended up doing some prep work ready to get them installed.  Ive now got a a local ftp server running and so will investigate this after work this evening.  Will update you with my findings.

Cheers

-- update --

I noticed that I'm manually forcing the various security protocols and removed that in my dev build to let it use whatever protocols the underlying Os is configured for.  Using a local FTP in this new version I was unfortunately unable to reproduce the issue.  Will get together a build with my changes since last release - I might have inadvertently fixed it.  If it persists we'll work on it in DM against your live server together.

Edited by MirageUK
Tested in dev and can't reproduce but might have fixed in code changes since release.

@wizeone Nice try but that's blocked until you reach so many posts :)

Not sure why you can't just add me on discord as a friend regardless of shared channels though?.. to be fair it's been a hectic week at work so I've not had chance to debug things for you or @Shodan yet - probably have a little time at the weekend.

19 hours ago, MirageUK said:

@wizeone Nice try but that's blocked until you reach so many posts :)

Not sure why you can't just add me on discord as a friend regardless of shared channels though?.

i might be able to add you if i had your discord id number (discord like these forums i guess tried to protect people from unwanted messages).

maybe its due in part to larger map file size?
image.png.2f7ba9c1f7738311350bbd3ea5d50123.png

14 minutes ago, wizeone said:

i might be able to add you if i had your discord id number (discord like these forums i guess tried to protect people from unwanted messages).

maybe its due in part to larger map file size?
image.png.2f7ba9c1f7738311350bbd3ea5d50123.png

Map size is irrelevant but maybe something within the save that it doesn't like or expect.

I thought that I did provide my dc number? CyberMirageUK#7623

We finally got there - and it wasn't a problem with any save data.  Looks like my code only implementation of the chart controls on ugprading to .net framework 6 is bad.

Currently investigating alternative chart controls - may have to disable charts until I can re-code that section.

Update to follow later this afternoon / evening.

On 5/26/2022 at 4:33 PM, MirageUK said:

to be fair it's been a hectic week at work so I've not had chance to debug things for you or @Shodan yet - probably have a little time at the weekend.

No problem at all mate. Take your time, in no rush. Appreciate you looking into it. Feel free to DM me on Discord if you need to if I can help with anything. Thank you :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/9/2022 at 7:32 AM, MirageUK said:

The character name, possibly level - will be available in the game save.  Unfortunately as I need more than that for the information I display on ASV I only load up players that still have data in the .arkprofile files.  

I might look at including something in a future build where it just lists the basic data for players that are still in a tribe but have uploaded off a server.

Any news about the character name in tribes-export? :)

Back on it guys - bear with me.

Work in progress:

• Remove explicit config of "security protocols" when using FTP to allow the underlying OS to decide the best protocol to use. Hopefully resolves the issues experienced by @Shodan
  • Add "isMating" to the tamed creature exports. Can't remember who asked for this one but adding it in.
  • Replace chart controls on Tribe tab with a different charting library. Crashes experienced when viewing Tribes tab @wizeone
  • Add basic support for mod map "Alemia"

Finally - @pleinx. Still investigating the possibility of adding the "offline" / uploaded off server player names etc. to the tribe tab and exports. Maybe later in the week if I get chance.

Updated build should hopefully be ready to upload later this evening or tomorrow morning before work.

Cheers

Mirage

-- update --

After implementing it I wasn't happy with the chart control chosen and had difficulties saving the image and making the legend appear as I wanted.  Decided I'm going to write up my own basic chart code to do the job.  Will take me a couple more days to drop the update now though.

-- update 2 --

So far so good - main chart, legend and mouse-over tooltip implemented. Some UI improvements and should be good to include in ASV by the weekend.

-- update 3 -- 

I'll get it into ASV and get a build done for the weekend.

image.png.8e2306f50f6eb70c71f7f155b3e69675.png

Edited by MirageUK
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Version 4.3.0.3 now available. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wfIlbzFGSPIjG4aRz21zC7wsQsKkpmEj/view?usp=sharing

Features

• Addition of CCC co-ords to right-click export command on appropriate grids. @wizeone
  • Addition of "isMating" to the command line json export of tames.
  • Basic mod map support for Alemia
    • Alemiascreen.jpg.33edb7bdcb141627f74267b55d7723f0.jpg
  • Created my own chart control to use on the tribes tab to prevent crashes experienced by @wizeone
    • chart.jpg.c3d5a4aab7d992753ef8a328f725a94d.jpg

Others

• Removed explicit security protocol list to allow OS to decide best one to use for FTP connections. Hopefully resolves some issues @Shodan has been experiencing.

... and the first to react is one that I've not actually considered yet in this build.  @pleinx - still have to get you your offline players into tribe views if possible.  I've not forgotten about you :)

Edited by MirageUK
Changed chart display again, bumped to 4.3.0.3
  • Like 1