Admin / Trusted Player Tool - Game Save Visualiser

MirageUK

.. there's always something.

Plugin = Windows Servers. Not all hosts support Windows. Mine does and I can change but currently running on Linux.

Mod = No console / no Epic players. Doubt it will be an issue for updates as the functionality will be minimal and basic.

I do like to accomodate as many users as I can but from a purely selfish and personal perspective - running on Linux and not using a console or Epic - the mod seems to make more sense.  Besides, it's only an optional "addon" if server owners want to use it for live map position updates and not a requirement of ASV.

I might look at how the plugin is compiled to see if it can be converted to run on linux but could take me some time.  C++ code looks familiar, but it's not what I'm used to working with personally.

• Thanks 2

The route for converting to Linux - shouldnt be too hard, its mostly telling it in compile phase go make a linux build too: https://ubuntu.com/blog/creating-cross-platform-applications-with-net-on-ubuntu-on-wsl.

I was hoping for some integration of the 'commands' such as the 'destroy tribe' / 'destroy files' for inactives etc from the ASV tool :D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

4.1.0.2 - 
Looking at "TRibes " - generated this error.  I have also noticed some inconsistency between the player list, tribe lists.

Mode: Mode_Offline

Save:

Parameter name: xValue

Trace:
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization.Charting.DataPoint.SetValueXY(Object xValue, Object[] yValue)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization.Charting.DataPointCollection.AddXY(Object xValue, Object[] yValue)
   at ARKViewer.frmViewer.DrawTribeChartTames() in C:\Dev\ASV\ARKViewer\frmViewer.cs:line 4145
   at ARKViewer.frmViewer.udChartTopTames_ValueChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Dev\ASV\ARKViewer\frmViewer.cs:line 6248
   at System.Windows.Forms.NumericUpDown.OnValueChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NumericUpDown.set_Value(Decimal value)
   at ARKViewer.frmViewer.RefreshTribeSummary() in C:\Dev\ASV\ARKViewer\frmViewer.cs:line 4023
   at ARKViewer.frmViewer.tabFeatures_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Dev\ASV\ARKViewer\frmViewer.cs:line 797
   at System.Windows.Forms.TabControl.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TabControl.WmSelChange()
   at System.Windows.Forms.TabControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

@ANewHome I'll investigate this weekend.  Sounds like some bad data but it shouldn't crash and I will add further defensive checks around the chart draw code.

Inconsistencies?  Might need your actual data for that with examples.  I've not really touched ASV in the last couple of weeks, learning more about the ARK dev kit.

The Island Save:
--> Selecting 'Players' - on the File Load, I recieved this...

Save:

Trace:
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.NativeAdd(Object item)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnHandleCreated(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCreate(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

--> This looking at the  'Players' tab, the Tribe list only shows "All Tribes" and does not then allow filtering to individual tribes.

This might be as there are too many tribes on this map for it to work?

I've attached a screenshot of the other "odd items, I'm seeing"

Edited by ANewHome
Removed Image

I thought I'd sorted that one - in my experience it's when I've not been able to identify a tribe/player name and added a "NULL" - the combobox doesn't like that and provides the rather unhelpful and mis-leading message "Too many..."

Any chance you can zip up that save data and upload it for me to get a copy?  Won't be able to check it until after work today though - approx. 4 hours from now.

Edited by MirageUK

Version 4.1.0.3 now available.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JV__Au8ZxVwaSxm2VhPRR1lVmUgbu5kc/view?usp=sharing

Changes

• More accurate identification of tribes where no .arktribe data is available. Should fix your double tribe listing @ANewHome
  • Bug fixes for crashes experienced by @StevenB and @ANewHome
  • New option added to settings page for ftp: Download before loading map.  Used if you want to always try and get the latest version from ftp on load on ASV.  Personally I have this set to MANUAL which is the default so that I can decide when to download new data. 
  • Tribe last active calculation.  Now gets the date of .arktribe, date of last tribe player controller connected, date of last in range for structure, date of last range for tame.  It then uses the MAX of all of these to get the date.
Edited by MirageUK
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, MirageUK said:

Tribe last active calculation.  Now gets the date of .arktribe, date of last tribe player controller connected, date of last in range for structure, date of last range for tame.  It then uses the MAX of all of these to get the date.

I just want to mention that the .arktribe will update when dinos die from starvation etc. and thus is not an accurate way of determining tribe activity.
I have just been ignoring that date as all it does (and still will) is tell you when something happened in that tribe which can be at least weeks after they stopped playing 😛
Would love one that showed structure/dino refresh time tho ^^

Thx for the prompt crash fix as always and the new FTP option ❤️

• Thanks 1

Version 4.1.0.4 now available.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xVqCaal8S0J9Z2PcHzi9G09h_g-TXUvT/view?usp=sharing

ArkViewer Changes

• Tribe last action date/time will now only use the date/time of the .arktribe if it cannot be determined from last time character connected or was in range or a structure or tame.

New

• ASVExport.exe
    • Command line export. Compiled against .net core 3.0 with same export options as ArkViewer.exe.
    • Confirmed to work in Linux @StevenB - NOTE: I don't use or have any experience but it seems you run ASVExport.dll on linux instead of ASVExport.exe

As a reminder of the command line use:

ASVExport.exe [option] [arksave] [output]

Examples.

• ASVExport.exe wild "C:\Saves\TheIsland.ark" "C:\Exports\TheIsland_Wilds.json"
  • ASVExport.exe all "C:\Saves\TheIsland.ark" "C:\Exports\"

Options:

• structures
    • Player placed structure locations.
  • logs
    • Tribe log file entries
  • tribes
    • Tribe summary information.
  • players
    • Player location, stats, inventory.
  • wild
    • Wild creature location, stats
  • tamed
    • Player tamed creature location, stats, inventory
  • all
    • All of the above.  

ArkSave:

• Path and filename of the .ark save file you want to extract data from.

Output

• Json path and filename if specific option otherwise Json path only with no filename.

Edited by MirageUK
Added information on how to use command line.
  • Thanks 2

Here's an example of use on Linux. If you run it manually you don't need the full path of the .dll or mono.
Thx for this btw @MirageUK
While the regular one worked in scripts it's nice to have one that doesn't show an error at the end 😛
On Debian I installed mono-devel / mono-complete to get it to work, might test a bit more later to see if I can install a smaller set of packages.

/usr/bin/mono /home/steam/scripts/ASV/ASVExport.dll all /home/steam/arktemp/scorchedearth/SavedArks/ScorchedEarth_P.ark /home/steam/data/scorchedearth/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mirage

One thing that I'm looking at at the moment on my maps is what is growing in crop plots, 

{
      "name" : "PlantedCrop",
      "type" : "ObjectProperty",
      "size" : 12,
      "value" : "BlueprintGeneratedClass /Game/ScorchedEarth/WeaponPlantSpeciesY/PrimalItemConsumable_Seed_PlantSpeciesY.PrimalItemConsumable_Seed_PlantSpeciesY_C"
    }

it is in the maps file for each crop plot object but the only way that can get it at the moment is a bit tricky, is there any change that you would be able to add something to the 'structures' CLI export please?

thanks! 

• Like 1

Hello. After the server failure, some of the buildings ceased to belong to the tribes.
12/08/21 14 -00 - everything is fine and 12/08/21 16-00 after the server departure.

https://disk.yandex.ru/d/CMPzn-1MvBzW6A https://disk.yandex.ru/d/Tvv35QYalG-YNQ

Does the ASV not see such structures ?

feedback-min.png

20210816124648_1-min.jpg

20210816130311_1-min.jpg

Edited by BoRGaMeS

Hey...stumbled across this work looking for a solution to a problem my son is having. His saved game on ark mobile has stopped working, and I'm not sure why. It just white screens, then quits. I've tried a bunch of stuff, but I think i need to compress the save game file. This tool looks great, keep up the great work! 

In any case, just fyi...I tried opening up the save game file in v 4.1.0.4, and it fails to load. I tried a couple of different ark files, the problem one, and one that was working. Neither worked. I can send you the ark file if you like or care. No pressure, just thought I'd post and let you know :)

When I click on the "map" icon I get this error: 

Save:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Trace:
   at ARKViewer.frmViewer.<ShowMapViewer>b__116_0(ContentMarker x) in C:\Dev\ASV\ARKViewer\frmViewer.cs:line 3542
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereListIterator`1.MoveNext()
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
   at ARKViewer.frmViewer.ShowMapViewer() in C:\Dev\ASV\ARKViewer\frmViewer.cs:line 3542
   at ARKViewer.frmViewer.btnViewMap_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Dev\ASV\ARKViewer\frmViewer.cs:line 2737
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)

image.png.811b9f7d82f696659a359fb2a03708c9.png

@BoRGaMeS - I'm not sure what I'm looking at here.  ASV uses the TargetingTribe property to determine who structures belong to.

@c0mical - Nice idea but is that not already covered in the structures inventory?  Might need to enable setting to export inventory data. Currently no screen option available but edit Config.json adding "ExportInventories": true

Interestingly "Tek Crop Plots" only seem to show as Tek Crop Plots if empty.  We have some containing various Plant-R and ASV lists them as "Structure_PlantSpeciesR_<meattype>_C" instead of the crop plot, with the plant-r in its inventory.

ExportInvents.png.a017030e22b8b649e32811daff1ff264.png

Edited by MirageUK
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MirageUK said:

@BoRGaMeS - I'm not sure what I'm looking at here.  ASV uses the TargetingTribe property to determine who structures belong to.

MirageUK , Before the emergency reboot, all the buildings belonged to the tribe. After that, the fence did not belong to the tribe. I thought you'd be interested. Thanks for the reply. 

I have never done a rollback after a server crash before. The players began to point out such problems. Now you must roll back to the save before restarting!

Edited by BoRGaMeS

On 8/23/2021 at 9:15 AM, MirageUK said:

@krock099 - DM me a link where I can download the zipped up save folder and I'll look into it.

Not touched on the code for a few weeks now as prepping to move house soon.

I couldn't see an obvious way to DM you....but here's some links: 

The full save folder (can browse with 7zip or anything else) 30MB file: 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aZsc_HQGp0JuSADd5QKhwRDFAdmLA6Il/view?usp=sharing

Just the .ark save file (5MB): 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XnDR8Fjthw0X9161HpFCbXq2ZglMQVbP/view?usp=sharing

@krock099 - possibly no dm as your a new forum user.

ARK mobile, interesting.  I don't know if that's the same format etc. but I can certainly check it out and get back to you.  This tool was for the main PC versions of the various maps.

Toolkit has checks for file versions and currently supports versions 5 through 9 of the UE GameObject save file format.  When attempting to load your mobile version it is returning version 33 and as such skips and fails to load.

Ill see if there is anything familiar and look at maybe supporting ARK mobile if I can in a future release.

Edited by MirageUK
  • Like 1