Admin / Trusted Player Tool - Game Save Visualiser

MirageUK

@Rattgtg just had a quick look.  It's due to the way I order them for cache purposes so that I don't have to re-draw all the content drops each time and only re-draw the things that change the least. 

I'll see what I can do to retain some of this cache functionality for speed to prevent re-draws but re-ordered so player content overlays game content.

@ANewHome It was  a copy/paste job of what I used to have for FTP where I originally didn't allow edit.  I'll look into opening it up to allow you to change them.

..edit

Added to next build.  Give me a couple of hours - just finishing off the custom map markers then I'll put together a release.

CustomMarkers.jpg.97c98f7534c43c14e257ba944987ee01.jpg

@Rattgtg - It's going to take me a day or so to re-work the map draw to show player content above game content markers so please bear with me.

...edit

Some more testing and few bits to tidy up but it'll be in next release. 4.1.0.2

DrawOrder.jpg.21e7f62ef8c0bff3dc05d2f1da0ddb57.jpg

Edited by MirageUK
  • Thanks 1

Version 4.1.0.1 now available.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RYYd2foqTFHc9fdV8imw0ekdZ24hmf9j/view?usp=sharing

Changes

• Re-Implemented Custom Map markers. FYI this will be last release I provide with my own mapmarkers.json so I don't overwrite any you set from now on. I'll provide mine as a seperate download template when I complete the WIKI.
  • Added manual option to select your local steam library folder if ASV can't determine it automatically. @lordbufu
  • Added edit option to ARK offline links. @ANewHome
Edited by MirageUK
Update about mapmarkers.json
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Seems the actual cause is being unable to load the Gen2 save. It said loaded in 1m 13s, but afterwards it said failed to load

2021-07-14 16:32:31.2237|ERROR|LoadSaveGame failedSystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at SavegameToolkit.PropertyContainerExtensions.GetTypedProperty[T](IPropertyContainer propertyContainer, String name, Int32 index) in C:\Dev\ASV\ASVToolkit\ArkSavegameToolkit\SavegameToolkit\IPropertyContainer.cs:line 36
   at ASVPack.Models.ContentContainer.<>c__DisplayClass40_0.<LoadSaveGame>b__8(GameObject x) in C:\Dev\ASV\ASVToolkit\ASVPack\Models\ContentContainer.cs:line 507
   at System.Linq.Parallel.SelectQueryOperator`2.SelectQueryOperatorEnumerator`1.MoveNext(TOutput& currentElement, TKey& currentKey)
   at System.Linq.Parallel.WhereQueryOperator`1.WhereQueryOperatorEnumerator`1.MoveNext(TInputOutput& currentElement, TKey& currentKey)
   at System.Linq.Parallel.HashRepartitionEnumerator`3.EnumerateAndRedistributeElements()
   at System.Linq.Parallel.HashRepartitionEnumerator`3.MoveNext(Pair`2& currentElement, Int32& currentKey)
   at System.Linq.Parallel.DistinctQueryOperator`1.DistinctQueryOperatorEnumerator`1.MoveNext(TInputOutput& currentElement, Int32& currentKey)
   at System.Linq.Parallel.StopAndGoSpoolingTask`2.SpoolingWork()
   at System.Linq.Parallel.SpoolingTaskBase.Work()
   at System.Linq.Parallel.QueryTask.BaseWork(Object unused)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()    at SavegameToolkit.PropertyContainerExtensions.GetTypedProperty[T](IPropertyContainer propertyContainer, String name, Int32 index) in C:\Dev\ASV\ASVToolkit\ArkSavegameToolkit\SavegameToolkit\IPropertyContainer.cs:line 36
   at ASVPack.Models.ContentContainer.<>c__DisplayClass40_0.<LoadSaveGame>b__8(GameObject x) in C:\Dev\ASV\ASVToolkit\ASVPack\Models\ContentContainer.cs:line 507
   at System.Linq.Parallel.SelectQueryOperator`2.SelectQueryOperatorEnumerator`1.MoveNext(TOutput& currentElement, TKey& currentKey)
   at System.Linq.Parallel.WhereQueryOperator`1.WhereQueryOperatorEnumerator`1.MoveNext(TInputOutput& currentElement, TKey& currentKey)
   at System.Linq.Parallel.HashRepartitionEnumerator`3.EnumerateAndRedistributeElements()
   at System.Linq.Parallel.HashRepartitionEnumerator`3.MoveNext(Pair`2& currentElement, Int32& currentKey)
   at System.Linq.Parallel.DistinctQueryOperator`1.DistinctQueryOperatorEnumerator`1.MoveNext(TInputOutput& currentElement, Int32& currentKey)
   at System.Linq.Parallel.StopAndGoSpoolingTask`2.SpoolingWork()
   at System.Linq.Parallel.SpoolingTaskBase.Work()
   at System.Linq.Parallel.QueryTask.BaseWork(Object unused)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()

Edited by StevenB
real reason for not loading a player in players tab :p
  • Sad 1

..or maybe release today. Version 4.1.0.2 now available.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1INnpojlL2UHtbfCaegjNVoQrmadMc19M/view?usp=sharing

Changes

• Re-worked drawing of map markers so player content appears above map content. @Rattgtg
  • Re-worked custom map markers to include Category. 
    • Added various caves, Genesis 1 / Genesis 2 mission terminal markers etc. 
      • Sorry - I lied, THIS release will be the last to include my own map markers.
  • Added defensive checks around the Stryder rig identification. @StevenB
  • Thanks 4

Just a quick update before work to let you know my plans.

Probably going to be early next week but FYI I started looking into what we can do with RCON from ASV.

Turns out, quite a lot, especially when combined with a server API to extend RCON functionality which has been provided by @Foppa - https://arkserverapi.com/index.php?resources/extended-rcon.5/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I hate my brain sometimes.  As the Extended RCON seems to rely on Windows hosting I decided to investigate what might be involved in creating my own mod which doesn't have this requirement.

I'm now head deep in the ARK dev kit, investigating the possibility of ARK pushing out location data and such to ASV via HTTP POST instead of ASV having to poll that data from ARK via RCON.  Not sure how it'll work but some form of dynamap live view on top of the game data from last save.

All just a dream at the moment so don't take this as something set in concrete but fingers crossed I can get something going.

• Like 3

You will find plugins > mods as it generates less lag and doesn’t require additional time to load items.

With it being a mod would also run the risk of a player being able to bypass various things and inject into the client to make your mod do something it potentially shouldn’t.

The ARK API is Windows only due to the .NET requirements, however you could host a windows desktop (with trial license) on a Linux machine using KVM or similar tools (depending what version of Linux you are using ?

Incorrect. if a mod is only doing lightweight server-side stuff it doesn't really impact the clients and works on both Windows and Linux hosts.
You can't really do much harm to a mod unless you really mess it up.
I would not host Windows server on Linux VM or otherwise, much better to go Windows in the first place then which many are trying to avoid due to wanting to not deal with licensing or other Windows issues.

1 minute ago, StevenB said:

Incorrect. if a mod is only doing lightweight server-side stuff it doesn't really impact the clients and works on both Windows and Linux hosts.
You can't really do much harm to a mod unless you really mess it up.
I would not host Windows server on Linux VM or otherwise, much better to go Windows in the first place then which many are trying to avoid due to wanting to not deal with licensing or other Windows issues.

For dev testing build purposes - shouldn’t make any difference.  I know from a hosting server perspective , I would be a lot more comfortable this being plug-in route / RCON than a mod.

The in-game permissions checks ark has are not great - are you logged in as admin or not (is about it), the RCON route would mean that I don’t have to be logged in on that map to do stuff.  A mod which runs connecting to an ark server without requiring security authentication or even password only (given it would be in clear text) is truest scary as mod settings only change on reboot.  The RCON route at least is filtered IP address and can be IP blocked for certain machines only to access.

• Like 1

You can do all this with a mod without issues.
If someone provides a working Linux API I would be happy to test it out, but since there is none mods are the only option atm.
I do RCON stuff to mods and it is no different than regular RCON which would also not need auth.
You can filter by IP easily both in a mod or just on the host itself by limiting the RCON port.