Admin / Trusted Player Tool - Game Save Visualiser

MirageUK

Version 4.0.0.27 now available.

http://www.miragesoftware.co.uk/Ark/Apps/ArkViewer2021-4-27.zip

Changes

• Added "Wandering" and "Mating" to tame detail grid so you can see any that may have been left on by accident.
  • Settings: No longer populates the "Unknown / Unmapped" Colours, Creatures, Items, Structures until user clicks the appropriate Refresh button.

Work in progress

• Identify any unclaimed babies by the tribe the mother belongs to.
Edited by MirageUK
  • Like 4

2021-07-09 14:53:36.7146|INFO|Running in visual mode.
2021-07-09 14:54:21.0482|ERROR|LoadSaveGame failedSystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at SavegameToolkit.ArkSavegame.<>c__DisplayClass49_1.<extractBinaryObjectStoredCreatures>b__8(GameObject o) in C:\Dev\ASV\ASVToolkit\ArkSavegameToolkit\SavegameToolkit\ArkSavegame.cs:line 160
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.FirstOrDefault[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
   at SavegameToolkit.ArkSavegame.<>c__DisplayClass49_0.<extractBinaryObjectStoredCreatures>b__2(GameObject storedPod) in C:\Dev\ASV\ASVToolkit\ArkSavegameToolkit\SavegameToolkit\ArkSavegame.cs:line 160
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.<>c__DisplayClass17_0`1.<ForWorker>b__1()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvokeWithArg(Task childTask)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c__DisplayClass176_0.<ExecuteSelfReplicating>b__0(Object <p0>)    at SavegameToolkit.ArkSavegame.<>c__DisplayClass49_1.<extractBinaryObjectStoredCreatures>b__8(GameObject o) in C:\Dev\ASV\ASVToolkit\ArkSavegameToolkit\SavegameToolkit\ArkSavegame.cs:line 160
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.FirstOrDefault[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
   at SavegameToolkit.ArkSavegame.<>c__DisplayClass49_0.<extractBinaryObjectStoredCreatures>b__2(GameObject storedPod) in C:\Dev\ASV\ASVToolkit\ArkSavegameToolkit\SavegameToolkit\ArkSavegame.cs:line 160
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c__DisplayClass176_0.<ExecuteSelfReplicating>b__0(Object <p0>)
2021-07-09 14:56:50.4336|INFO|Running in visual mode.
2021-07-09 14:56:50.6919|DEBUG|Reading game save data: \\gvoltserver\ArkServer\gen2_20210709_042801\gen2.ark
2021-07-09 14:57:38.6293|ERROR|LoadSaveGame failedSystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at SavegameToolkit.ArkSavegame.<>c__DisplayClass49_1<extractBinaryObjectStoredCreatures>b__8(GameObject o) in C:\Dev\ASV\ASVToolkit\ArkSavegameToolkit\SavegameToolkit\ArkSavegame.cs:line 160
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c__DisplayClass176_0.<ExecuteSelfReplicating>b__0(Object <p0>)    at SavegameToolkit.ArkSavegame.<>c__DisplayClass49_1.<extractBinaryObjectStoredCreatures>b__8(GameObject o) in C:\Dev\ASV\ASVToolkit\ArkSavegameToolkit\SavegameToolkit\ArkSavegame.cs:line 160
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c__DisplayClass176_0.<ExecuteSelfReplicating>b__0(Object <p0>)

DM copy of this save to you

Edited by Rattgtg
  • Thanks 1

What map @Rattgtg? Is it one I have a copy of already?

Looks to have failed trying to match up a podded creature to its parent container which it uses to set the correct location, targeting team and status details.

..edit

Just seen it's your Gen2 map which I have an old copy of however it loads fine for me?

Edited by MirageUK

Will investigate in the morning @Rattgtg - going to re-watch some of the Marvel cinematic with the wife tonight.

Also invstigating adding a "My Terminal Data" view to show your own personal uploaded stuff if you are running ASV on a machine with ARK installed using Steam.  Feature request by a member of the workshop forums on steam.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, MirageUK said:

Probably - its a very cheap host  I only tend to really use for my email.

Alternate download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ofBc8cWCo5GybmcJsz9rDRnSSqsmcAxG/view?usp=sharing

@Rattgtg - good morning.  I can't see any DM with the latest backup to investigate?

That would make a lot of sense but thanks for providing an alternative download link much appreciated! got it all setup and working now so thanks again for the amount of work and effort put into this, this program is so unbelievably useful so i'll be putting it to good use for my clusters.

• Like 1

No - it's on the "Steam Community Discussion" forum with links back to here.  I thought I might be able to handle supporting more users now that it's settling down.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/3058490685009830068/

I put out a link on that discussion board and also updated the fandom Wiki page for External Tools > Apps to include links back here for ASV.

Edited by MirageUK
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

So is there a known issue with gen2 and the wild creatures search feature? everything else works fine except for this, tested on both unofficial server and singleplayer saves but the coordinates and levels of dino's are not correct at all, i have the S+ transmitter and it proves that no dino's are actually at the location that the program is displaying them as being at, maybe once or twice i did find a tek stego at the same level displayed but the stats were completely different, i also found a lv 140 megatherium but that doesn't show up either and i did refresh the map data several times to see if that helped but any ideas what might be going wrong?

@Shinigati - No known issues that I'm aware of.  

Please note that ASV works from the last save game time.  So could be a number of minutes out compared to the current "live" map.

On our server we have autosave set at 30 minutes, so the save could be up to 30 minutes out of date.

.. it also only lists lat/lon - so if the creature is underground / in a cave etc. you probably won't see if by going to that lat/lon in-game.  To verify if these creatures truly exist I would recommend using the "Command" dropdown to set the "SetPlayerPos" to the position of that creature / creatures in question.

Edited by MirageUK
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, MirageUK said:

@Shinigati - No known issues that I'm aware of.  

Please note that ASV works from the last save game time.  So could be a number of minutes out compared to the current "live" map.

On our server we have autosave set at 30 minutes, so the save could be up to 30 minutes out of date.

.. it also only lists x/y - so if the creature is underground / in a cave etc. you probably won't see if by going to that lat/lon in-game.  To verify if these creatures truly exist I would recommend using the "Command" dropdown to set the "SetPlayerPos" to the position of that creature / creatures in question.

Yeah my apologies, i thought that might of been the case but my server is set to save every 15 minutes, it also turns out my server is only updating the world save after a restart, otherwise i'd have to manually grab the auto backup files and get the data from there.

Version 4.0.0.28 now available.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xmGSVtvitenqiiTvXdadaubjs6Q5XdUu/view?usp=sharing

Changes

• Fix for @Rattgtg .. and anybody else using SoulTrap? cryopods.
  • Shifted background colours to match the column.  Provided contrasting text colour to see the numbers behind them all - @StevenB

428.png.60756897e48533e10ad4f622d16da75d.png

..edit

Re-uploaded.  Noticed the grids in other tabs were all postitioned wrong after I resized my window in design mode :(

..edit 2

Glimpse of my work in progress for Local Profile tab.  Will list your characters, tames and items you've uploaded in Obelisk/Terminal.  Will also pull out any in-game Map Markers you have set and add them to the list of Custom Markers in ASV.

LocalProfile.png.c3f2425b9743dcf9f8cd72ed5f7ef4c4.png

Edited by MirageUK
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Shinigati said:

Yeah my apologies, i thought that might of been the case but my server is set to save every 15 minutes, it also turns out my server is only updating the world save after a restart, otherwise i'd have to manually grab the auto backup files and get the data from there.

Was this before ASV?  ARK servers save to TheMapName.tmp if TheMapName.ark is locked for editing.

I might add in option for FTP to use the .tmp if one is available.

Edited by MirageUK

4 hours ago, MirageUK said:

Was this before ASV?  ARK servers save to TheMapName.tmp if TheMapName.ark is locked for editing.

I might add in option for FTP to use the .tmp if one is available.

I believe so? i could only find the updated save inside a container, as an example: Gen2_10.07.2021_17.25.15.ark.gz which has Gen2_10.07.2021_17.25.15.ark inside of it, only gen2.ark gets updated once the server has stopped or is restarting and i could not find any .tmp files

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, StevenB said:

@Shinigatiif Gen2.ark isn't updated while server runs you risk of having a save rollback back to when the server was last restarted if it crashes so that's something I would look into if I were you. Make sure the autosave interval hasn't somehow changed in your configs.

I don't believe this is what is happening, the sever has crashed once or twice since it was first setup and no rollback had happened to more than 5ish minutes, none of my configs have been changed and i just checked that the save interval is still 15 minutes, i think what's happening is the main world save gets updated only after a restart and my auto backups (which are also generated every 15 mins) are what is replacing it if a crash happens to occur, i have several servers and it's the same across all of them from what i can see.

All of my servers has the main .ark updated every save and the automated backups? Those are copies of said main .ark file (and thus identical if it for some reason doesn't save) and those are only used if it fails to load the main .ark.
I remove those with a script before server starts back up to make sure it always loads the latest save to prevent accidental rollbacks because the ARK server thinks it can't load the last save (this has happened a few times and I had to "roll forward" again).
If you want to debug it some more feel free to PM me so we don't take over this thread for it :P 

• Haha 1