Admin / Trusted Player Tool - Game Save Visualiser

MirageUK

Ran out of time to complete and release again, got a couple of other jobs to do tonight now.

FYI I got it all running with the other toolkit - after finding and fixing a couple of issues with that toolkit thanks to the data provided by @Rattgtg over the last few releases. 

Only in visual mode for the moment, will need to re-implement the command line export before creating a release tomorrow evening after work.

• Thanks 4

1 hour ago, ANewHome said:

How is Last Active Date calculated for tribes?

In the versions you have it was based on the most recent: file modified on .arktribe, then on .arkprofile.. then attempted to work out any last tames/placed structures.

New version will work differently, based on player data within the .ark save file itself so hopefully a bit more accurate.

..edit

New version will basically try and work out what the latest date/time was that the player actually had control of the in-game character.  

Edited by MirageUK
  • Thanks 1

Version 4.0 now available for download.

http://www.miragesoftware.co.uk/ARK/Apps/ArkViewer2021-4-0.zip

• Implemented a completely different toolkit to read the base game file data as I had over-complicated things with the multi-threading in the other toolkit I had copied.
  • Lots of tweaks and fixes to various UI elements.
  • Re-work of how it loads the data so hopefully eliminate or at least better narow down the ftp refresh issues people have been having.
  • Added drop-down selection on the main screen to allow switching between saved maps for FTP and ARK file modes. 
  • Added ability to add multiple ARK files to the former offline mode for selection on this new combo from main screen.

Note on "[ASV Abandoned]" - it adds any player structures and tames where it can no longer find a local copy of either the .arktribe file or any .arkprofile file for the tribe members.

If they return and once again have .arktribe and/or .arkprofile they will no longer show in ASV Abandoned tribe.

KEEPING YOUR CONFIG

I recommend a complete fresh directory for this new version to clear up any clutter left by the previous however if you want to retain your config please copy the config.json file from your previous version into this new one.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Elgar said:

Hi @MirageUK, thank you for this new version ! Unfortunately, I can't connect to FTP : when I click the button "Connect", nothing happens. No message, nothing.

I'll set my sftp up again.  Tested with normal ftp and worked ok for me so assumed would be good on sftp again.

Leave it with me.

8 minutes ago, StevenB said:

Been playing around a bit with the new version and first impressions is that it loads faster than before :)
It doubles structures tho, not checked anything else yet as I have to run out

Not noticed, but not been in game much to see what we actually have.  Will investigate.

It shows the exact double amount of structures as 3.16 (3.18-3.20 never worked properly for me due to SFTP download issues)
I did not try to set up new SFTP in this new version, but will try when I get back to computer. Copied the config and that worked (tho first download it did was an old save from yesterday, but after a refresh it got the correct one)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MirageUK said:

I'll set my sftp up again.  Tested with normal ftp and worked ok for me so assumed would be good on sftp again.

Mmm, that's weird because I don't use SFTP, only FTP. As you advised I started ASV 4.0 from fresh, in a new directory, and I didn't copy the config file from the previous version. In the settings, I click the Add button in the FTP Server section, then I enter the details (Name, Address, Port, Username, Password). By the way the "eye" button allowing to see the password doesn't work. FTP is selected, not SFTP. But when I click the Connect button, nothing happens. (And of course I checked that I can connect my server with Filezilla.)

10 minutes ago, Elgar said:

Mmm, that's weird because I don't use SFTP, only FTP. As you advised I started ASV 4.0 from fresh, in a new directory, and I didn't copy the config file from the previous version. In the settings, I click the Add button in the FTP Server section, then I enter the details (Name, Address, Port, Username, Password). By the way the "eye" button allowing to see the password doesn't work. FTP is selected, not SFTP. But when I click the Connect button, nothing happens. (And of course I checked that I can connect my server with Filezilla.)

Will investigate setting up new server.  Try copy your old config.json in for now?

http://www.miragesoftware.co.uk/ARK/Apps/ArkViewer2021-4-1.zip

Fixes:

• Double structure listing.
  • FTP browse dialog re-implemented - lost some code converting to new project.

..edit

New GitHub repo created for latest version on new framework.

https://github.com/miragedmuk/ArkSaveVisualiser

Edited by MirageUK
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, xMajix said:

Yeah sorry Mirage, even with newest version I cant connect to my server.  With old version before you did the FTP changes I was able to.

I can FTP normally through windows ftp:// just fine.

What issue is it having with connecting to FTP? Both @Elgar and @StevenB have been succesful with the last version I released last night.

Do you already have FTP setup in a config or is it a new setup you're adding?  And is it SFTP or FTP?

1 hour ago, BoRGaMeS said:

Good day.

Thanks for your work. Great tool for server admin !!!

Please tell me how to properly delete non-playing players. Two types - with and without a tribe.

And the second question: Is it possible to connect to the * .ark file directly in the server working folder, or is it better to use saves?

Thank you.

There is a drop-down of in-game admin commands.  If you want to remove a player / tribe, select that player/tribe and use the appropriate drop-down to create the appropriate in-game Command to remove them.

Some people use it against a network share file of the server itself  (Settings > .ARK file option) - but this can sometimes cause the .ark file to be locked for save and so ARK will instead create a .tmp save file until the main file becomes available again.  The new version actually removes any lock on the .ark file pretty quickly as it loads objects into my own cache set of items and uses that instead.

I personally use FTP - so just have it setup to connect and download from my ARK ftp server.

...edit 

Solo players do have a "tribe" but it uses the player id.  So selecting that player and using command drop-down you can use "DestroyTribeID <TribeId>" and when you click the button it copies the command to clipboard with the appropriate TribeId/PlayerId.

There is also a button to remove the .arkprofile from local and ftp servers but that won't clean up their game structures/tames etc.

Edited by MirageUK

1 hour ago, MirageUK said:

There is a drop-down of in-game admin commands.  If you want to remove a player / tribe, select that player/tribe and use the appropriate drop-down to create the appropriate in-game Command to remove them.

Some people use it against a network share file of the server itself  (Settings > .ARK file option) - but this can sometimes cause the .ark file to be locked for save and so ARK will instead create a .tmp save file until the main file becomes available again.  The new version actually removes any lock on the .ark file pretty quickly as it loads objects into my own cache set of items and uses that instead.

I personally use FTP - so just have it setup to connect and download from my ARK ftp server.

...edit 

Solo players do have a "tribe" but it uses the player id.  So selecting that player and using command drop-down you can use "DestroyTribeID <TribeId>" and when you click the button it copies the command to clipboard with the appropriate TribeId/PlayerId.

There is also a button to remove the .arkprofile from local and ftp servers but that won't clean up their game structures/tames etc.

Thank you.

Please tell me why I can not find the tribe? [GB]'Greek Brothers' ?

On server 601 profile...

2021-06-23_10-49-50.png

2021-06-23_10-50-20.png

2021-06-23_10-54-32.png

2021-06-23_10-55-12.png

Edited by BoRGaMeS

8 minutes ago, BoRGaMeS said:

Thank you.

Please tell me why I can not find the tribe? [GB]'Greek Brothers' ?

On server 601 profile...

2021-06-23_10-49-50.png

2021-06-23_10-50-20.png

2021-06-23_10-54-32.png

2021-06-23_10-55-12.png

No idea. It doesn't work same way as previous versions and only identifies tribes/players within the .ark file save itself.  Only using .arktribe data if that tribe first exists in the .ark save file.

If you can zip it all up and provide me a dowload link in dm I'll investigate.

At first glance though it does appear that it has thrown 2 players into the [ASV Abandoned] tribe.  This usually means it can't find either .arktribe or .arkprofile of the Targeting Team or Player ID but you seem to have them in the file list.  Maybe the .ark save has mis-identified the Targeting Team for them players for some reason.

Tribe of pokemon is only tribe it can't find .arktribe for from the players it has identified.

I'll dig deeper and see why it missed that tribe you mention.

...edit

I can't find ANY tame or STRUCTURE relating to that tribe id in the .ark save game.  This is why they are not showing in ASV.  What is the other tool you're using and does it just read in .arktribe data regardless of the associated .ark save game in same folder?

We switch maps on same server, keeping same tribes and players so always have .arktribe/.arkprofile saves that don't necessarily relate to the map we're currently playing.  

Can only assume this is the same with you and the .arktribe in that folder relates to a previously used map? ... or them players are extremely inactive as no reference to any of them in the .ark map save data :)

Edited by MirageUK

Will investigate further this evening.  I've got to do the day job for a few hours now :)

..last edit before I get too busy with day job.  16 tribes identified from structure data that dont have any tribe players currently in the .ark save file.  Will work on tames then combining them this evening.

image.thumb.png.82b3e7f60d8451318c6b835b1d2851db.png

Edited by MirageUK