Admin / Trusted Player Tool - Game Save Visualiser

MirageUK

Version 54 now available.

http://www.miragesoftware.co.uk/ARK/Apps/ArkViewer54.zip

Features

Bug Fixes

• Additional logging / error return code of -2 on command line version when it is unable to find or open the passed in .ark save file. Will hopefully produce something for @Larkfields
  • Reversed my inclusion of the "solo player as tribe" in the tribe tab to the previous behaviour - will investigate them solo'ers missing last activity date and address in a future release.
  • Shifted the background colours of Tamed creatures to match the colour column they belong to. @Elgar
  • Moved some de-duplication code down so that tames were not affected by some being mis-identified as duplicates. @Elgar

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi @MirageUK, I didn't have time to download and use the version 54 until now. There is a issue when I start it, it's stuck : it seems it tries to download a save on a FTP server, which is probably your server, because a "Mirage Genesis 1" folder appears in the ARK Viewer folder.

I can't access the settings of ARK Viewer, when I click the settings nothing happens, and I couldn't exit the program either, I had to force close it.

EDIT : the second time I launched ARK Viewer, it loaded your Genesis save and I could access the settings to delete the credentials of your FTP server and use my own settings. So everything is fine now, but maybe you should re-upload ARK Viewer without your server settings. ;)

EDIT 2 : Thank you so much for the cryopods fix ! I can see all of our dinos now. Well done ! ?

Edited by Elgar
  • Facepalm 1

I have a question about the FTP feature of ARK Viewer. Well, in fact, not directly related to ARK Viewer but more to the FTP stuff itself :

Since the save takes around 1 minute to be downloaded via FTP, and since my ARK server makes an automatic save every 15 minutes, what happens if the ARK server makes a save when the save file is being downloaded via FTP ? There is 1 chance out of 15 that it happens, so it will happen sooner or later. How does the FTP or the server handle it ?

11 hours ago, Elgar said:

I have a question about the FTP feature of ARK Viewer. Well, in fact, not directly related to ARK Viewer but more to the FTP stuff itself :

Since the save takes around 1 minute to be downloaded via FTP, and since my ARK server makes an automatic save every 15 minutes, what happens if the ARK server makes a save when the save file is being downloaded via FTP ? There is 1 chance out of 15 that it happens, so it will happen sooner or later. How does the FTP or the server handle it ?

As far as I can tell, when the ArkViewer (or any other program) reads the ark save file, Ark itself is prevented from writing to that file so the save can't happen as normal.
This needs to be confirmed, but I think Ark will create a ".tmp" file instead of the ".ark".

I think this is default Windows behaviour.  A file can't be written to while it is being read.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, MirageUK said:

@gloilin Loot crates aren't held in the save game but you can add them yourself as map markers for each appropriate map.

Bummer, that means I have to actually find them first though.  On Tunguska I have been told they just spawn "anywhere" without coordinates for possible locations

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, Larkfields said:

As far as I can tell, when the ArkViewer (or any other program) reads the ark save file, Ark itself is prevented from writing to that file so the save can't happen as normal.
This needs to be confirmed, but I think Ark will create a ".tmp" file instead of the ".ark".

I think this is default Windows behaviour.  A file can't be written to while it is being read.

Thank you for your answer, and yes you're absolutely right. I made some tests and indeed the server creates a .tmp file if the save file is being downloaded when the autosave occurs. That means that this autosave is lost / skipped but 15 minutes later, when the next autosave occurs, everything returns to normal and the tmp file is automatically deleted.

So as MirageUK said there should not be any issue.

• Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, Elgar said:

Thank you for your answer, and yes you're absolutely right. I made some tests and indeed the server creates a .tmp file if the save file is being downloaded when the autosave occurs. That means that this autosave is lost / skipped but 15 minutes later, when the next autosave occurs, everything returns to normal and the tmp file is automatically deleted.

So as MirageUK said there should not be any issue.

I could possibly add an option to the settings page for "Save Delay"? 

Then block any refresh requests based on the last updated time of the server file and the specified delay for a minute before and after the next due time if it helps?

1 hour ago, gloilin said:

Bummer, that means I have to actually find them first though.  On Tunguska I have been told they just spawn "anywhere" without coordinates for possible locations

Yeah - just double checked for you and I can't find any item information in the data for the loot crates with the exception of any artifact based loot crate which I already include in my viewer.

I did searches on "crate", "loot", "cache", "drop" .

@Norlinri got a lot of the locations for the stuff on Genesis for us (glitches and such) and I also feel your pain as I had to manually add elements/drops etc for Extinction when I played that map. 

If you do manage to map them all out please let me know and I will include your data in a future release for others. 

57 minutes ago, MirageUK said:

I could possibly add an option to the settings page for "Save Delay"? 

Then block any refresh requests based on the last updated time of the server file and the specified delay for a minute before and after the next due time if it helps?

Oh, nice idea, yes ! It would probably work. The time zones may add some difficulty though, if the server is located in another time zone. That's the case for me. The timestamp I can see in Filezilla is always 1 hour ahead of my local time.

On 9/7/2020 at 10:43 AM, MirageUK said:

Player mission progress is held in the relevant player.arkprofile file.  I can surface this information from the toolkit but there is no easy way of writing it back afaik.

thanks Mirage

I think that Qowyn's Ark-Data toolkit can convert the files to json and I can edit that and then convert back to arkprofile. I havent tried it with an arkprofile yet but I've done it with a few sav 

I can find the scoreboard entries and related stuff, I'm just having trouble it finding where it stores the number of missions that you have completed

the things that confuses me is that we have 2 genesis servers (one patreon) and it knows the number of missions that you have completed on both and keeps them in sync. they are separate .arkprofiles for each server so I'm unsure where it actually keeps the number of missions

I'll keep digging!

Edited by c0mical

Interesting.  I can understand them not being displayed in the settings as they are only the entries I have manually mapped from what I remember but they should still show in the structure list - I will investigate later in the week.

update: Just checked and it seems I have BP_CropPlot_SeamlessSquare_C mapped out as a S+ Crop Plot (Seamless) - possibly incorrectly.  I will place some for testing and see if they appear as expected.

Had another look in the game save and still can't find anything relating to missions - I assumed that you would have to add an entry for each of the missions with a score in order to set them as achieved/completed for Genesis profile saves as that's what appears to be the case on our server.  Not sure how your cross server is setup but maybe that same data is included when people use obelisks/terminals etc. to transfer in and out?

Edited by MirageUK
"update"

So far I have found these possible locations for deep sea loot crates on Tunguska.  Not sure if it's something you want to add in to the map or not, but it could be helpful for the official maps as well, just a toggle to show the possible locations.  I don't think this is all of the possible locations on Tunguska yet, I've run a few laps where I've only seen one crate at these points so there is probably at least one more out there I have yet to locate.

23.10 / 25.25

30.76 / 66.46

38.12 / 24.66

51.6 / 74.33

52.00 / 23.74

67.54 / 26.08

70.30 / 39.98

70.68 / 61.19

5 hours ago, MirageUK said:

@Larkfields please don't feel obliged to jump in at the deep end as the guinnea pig each time.  I always appreciate the testing but honestly don't worry about it - the guys here are all very friendly and would surely be kind in reporting issues they find before you get chance to check it :)

Thanks Mirage.  Testing fell off my radar for a while 😞

cd \ArkTools\ARKViewer54
ARKSaveViewer.exe tribes c:\temp\t.json C:\ArkServer\ShooterGame\ShooterGame\Saved\SavedIsland\TheIsland.ark 
echo %ERRORLEVEL%

fails with  -2

cd \ArkTools\ARKViewer47
ARKSaveViewer.exe tribes c:\temp\t.json C:\ArkServer\ShooterGame\ShooterGame\Saved\SavedIsland\TheIsland.ark 
echo %ERRORLEVEL%

correctly generates the json file.

-2 is saying it can't find the save game file.  I thought we had addressed these command line issues in the previous version and I haven't changed anything since.

I will add some text file log output to see what it believes the command lines are you have passed in to work out what's going wrong.

Cheers

edit:

Added log file output to the source and checked it in - Documents\ArkViewer.log.

Don't really want to release a test version just for you so if you can compile and try it and let me know I will see what I can do to resolve it. 

Edited by MirageUK
edit

I've compiled the source under "debug", and it's worked with the "all" parameter.

2020-09-26 22:42:04 - ArkViewer Command Line Started: 4
    Arg-0 = ARKSaveViewer.exe
    Arg-1 = all
    Arg-2 = c:\temp\t.json
    Arg-3 = C:\ArkServer\ShooterGame\ShooterGame\Saved\SavedIsland\TheIsland.ark

For info, it takes 4 min, 5 seconds to run with the "all" parameter, but around 15 minutes to run it four times (for "tamed", "players", "tribes", and "wild".   

So the "all" parameter is a huge improvement, which I'm massively grateful for.

Now the bad news...
Compiling under "release" stops ARKSaveViewer from doing anything.  It doesn't generate any json files, and doesn't generate the log file.  The return code is 0.

Edited by Larkfields
typo