Admin / Trusted Player Tool - Game Save Visualiser

MirageUK

On 8/31/2020 at 7:39 PM, Dexden said:

@MirageUK

Trying to connect FTP to my servers and got this error

Mode: Mode_Ftp

Save:
valguero_p.ark

No such host is known.  Sounds like invalid ip/host name entered or host is temporarily unavailable.  Check your settings and try again.

12 hours ago, c0mical said:

Hi Mirage

would it be possible for your (amazing) tool to get the ID numbers of tamed dinos?

I've tried using the ark-tools and I can convert the .ark to a .json, but extracting the tames is giving me an error even though the JSON is valid. I can get at them by knowing say the name from that but I wondered if it would be simple for you to access

thanks

I will add it into the next release for both "right click" export option and the command line exports.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, MirageUK said:

If you can send over the new image for your map I will include it in the next release @Norlinri

I have just got a better resolution map of Tunguska from the devs discord support guy so will need to do a new release to include that anyway, stupid not to add your update at the same time.

Thank you, I'll sort that out ASAP, I might not be able to do it this evening though :/ Mine is not urgent anyway, so worst case scenario I can send you it later and you can add it whenever you have time.

thank you :)

can I just confirm something about the FTP sites please, those get stored in the config.json and the passwords are encrypted 

we are in the unfortunate position where our host does not allow us to create read only FTP accounts, so I was thinking that I could just give other admins a config.json file (with credentials to their own specific account) without needing to give them their FTP account password   

Edited by c0mical

I have to say, I love this tool - it's made admin on my cluster far easier than it ever was before I discovered it... I'm using it extensively, and in doing that there are a few small(er) quality of life tweaks that i'm wondering if they could be made possible that others might not notice?

1, could you possibly give an option to disable the popup every time you copy a command to the clipboard ... if I'm doing an audit on 50 or so tribes for example, the workflow is click copy, click ok, tab into game, paste, enter, repeat.. it's not a major thing, but ... it's one less step to not have to confirm .. I understand why it's useful - especially on 'destroy' commands.. but thats why I'm suggesting the option to turn it off?

2, Last active times... would it be at all possible to put the last active time (for a player) in their tribe listing ... if their not in a tribe? ... so for example, single players who didn't create a tribe are showing as blank... but you can see their last login (if they've not become lunch?)

3, Decay time ... I'm not sure how decay time is stored, but if there is a way to highlight demolishable structures it'd be fantastic for tracking down inactive tribes (the same for claimable dinos) ... as a rule, we wipe people who aren't active after 14 days on our cluster... but i'd rather we wipe them when their decayed/claimable than just inactive?

4, Tribe logs - it's entirely possible I just didn't work this one out - but I always get a dark grey background with coloured text over it? ... is there any way (option?) to change the colour of the background to make the text easier to read?

5, mass actions and cleanups ...  these two points would be based on the ability to multi-select tribes...
  5a - I'd like to be able to purge the old .arkprofile and .arktribe files that are no longer relivant to the server ... for example, currently one of my most active servers has over 100 inactive tribes (no players, structures, etc...) all from me deleting them... is there any way for you to create a batchable command-line for deleting .arkprofile + .arktribe files (both linux (rm <file> <file> <file>) and windows (del <file> <file> <file>)... I would suspect that it'd be popular with FTP integration too ;)

5b - mass commands ... many commands don't make sense with mass-execution, but some (DestroyTribeID)  do... if you don't run a windows ark server (I don't) and can't use the extended API, then for me to delete say 20 'inactive' tribes on a cleanup is literally 20 copy and pastes currently... whereas the in-game console allows multiple commands to be chained (|) .. could support for this be added?

and... I'mma shut up now ... and apologise for asking for so much... :D

4 hours ago, c0mical said:

thank you :)

can I just confirm something about the FTP sites please, those get stored in the config.json and the passwords are encrypted 

we are in the unfortunate position where our host does not allow us to create read only FTP accounts, so I was thinking that I could just give other admins a config.json file (with credentials to their own specific account) without needing to give them their FTP account password   

Yes - you can do that.  That's what I actually do with players on my server.  It's open source so if they can code and find the link they can theoretically reverse engineer to get the real credentials but I trust em.

4 hours ago, HarryPottr said:

1, could you possibly give an option to disable the popup every time you copy a command to the clipboard ... if I'm doing an audit on 50 or so tribes for example, the workflow is click copy, click ok, tab into game, paste, enter, repeat.. it's not a major thing, but ... it's one less step to not have to confirm .. I understand why it's useful - especially on 'destroy' commands.. but thats why I'm suggesting the option to turn it off?

2, Last active times... would it be at all possible to put the last active time (for a player) in their tribe listing ... if their not in a tribe? ... so for example, single players who didn't create a tribe are showing as blank... but you can see their last login (if they've not become lunch?)

3, Decay time ... I'm not sure how decay time is stored, but if there is a way to highlight demolishable structures it'd be fantastic for tracking down inactive tribes (the same for claimable dinos) ... as a rule, we wipe people who aren't active after 14 days on our cluster... but i'd rather we wipe them when their decayed/claimable than just inactive?

4, Tribe logs - it's entirely possible I just didn't work this one out - but I always get a dark grey background with coloured text over it? ... is there any way (option?) to change the colour of the background to make the text easier to read?

5, mass actions and cleanups ...  these two points would be based on the ability to multi-select tribes...
  5a - I'd like to be able to purge the old .arkprofile and .arktribe files that are no longer relivant to the server ... for example, currently one of my most active servers has over 100 inactive tribes (no players, structures, etc...) all from me deleting them... is there any way for you to create a batchable command-line for deleting .arkprofile + .arktribe files (both linux (rm <file> <file> <file>) and windows (del <file> <file> <file>)... I would suspect that it'd be popular with FTP integration too ;)

5b - mass commands ... many commands don't make sense with mass-execution, but some (DestroyTribeID)  do... if you don't run a windows ark server (I don't) and can't use the extended API, then for me to delete say 20 'inactive' tribes on a cleanup is literally 20 copy and pastes currently... whereas the in-game console allows multiple commands to be chained (|) .. could support for this be added?

1. Sure, I will add the message to the status label instead of a popup so there is still some visual indication of success.

2. Not sure what you mean on this one?  Add player-as-tribe for players that are solo to the tribe tab basically? If so I can certainly look into it.

3. The decay/spoil etc. timers are all based on server config and the details in the save file alone can't be used to easily identify them.

4. Sure - I only coloured them that way to match what it looked like in-game on a dark background.

5a. The delete functionality already exists, including over ftp, please let me know if you have any specific issues with it?  Do you have ftp set as Sychronise or Clean?  It maybe synchronise doesn't delete them.

5b. For the tribe/players I can't see why not - without visual indication on the map there's no reason not to allow multi-select.  Do you happen to know the max chainable commands / length? (edit/addition) - I will just have to take into consideration the button states for tribe/player specific options and disable them when you multi-select.

Edited by MirageUK
(edit/addition)

2 - In the tribe listings for player-as-tribe (someone who hasn't created a tribe) there is no last active there for them... but if they have an active character on the server, I can find them in players tab ... what would be fantastic is if their available in the tribe list too (so I don't have to manually collate them together)

3, I suspected so :( ... I'll keep with wiping people on a schedule

5a, I'm running several servers across multiple machines (full ark cluster) so usually create a compressed archive, download it and then look at it locally.. executing commands directly via admin console.. with the config I've got setup, their running on a virtual machine behind the physical hypervisor (so i'd need to ssh > hypervisor > machine or ssh > hypervisor > scp / sftp from 'inside') ... what I currently have is a large number of 'empty' tribes with nobody in them last active months ago etc... because the .arktribe still exists (it's why I'd like to be able to simply run an rm command to delete them)

5b, to be honest... it's ark... I'd guess at about 16 ... but it's probably more likely to be an issue on how much is being processed at once than the number I'm trying to process ... possibly a limit as an option? :D (i.e. if you select 12, and you've got a limit of 5 in options, you've got 3 lines with linebreaks worth of commands ??)

53 now available.

http://www.miragesoftware.co.uk/ARK/Apps/ARKViewer53.zip

@HarryPottr QOL requests:

1. Popup on command copy replaced with an update to the status label instead.

2. Added "Solo" players to the tribe tab.  Tribe Id = 0, Tribe Name = Character Name

5a. Added "RM <FileCsvList>" and "DEL <FileCsvList>" options to the command drop downs on the Tribe and Player tabs.

5b. Allowed multi-select on the Tribe and Player tabs with pipe seperated chained commands.

aah, I think there may have been some confusion - but it sort-of works - on non tribe'd players... i've attached a screenshot...

so users without a tribe were showing up previously (and still do) but their not showing their last active time ... which is what I was hoping could be added... as it was available in the player tab...

currently, there are now two entries for players in the tribe tab ... one tribeID 0 (all players) and one for the actual player with their 'non tribe' tribe ID? what I was trying to ask for - and sorry for being confusing, is the last active time (in the example 19 Jun) from the player tab for 'Xevil' to show up in the tribe tab for him or her?.. in the previous version (52) there would be a big list of players in the tribe section, but without any last active times.

I've attached a sample (with some blanked data - it's likely not sensitive, but i'm in EU, and data protection is scary) .. it the longer list shows a couple of things I was on about.. the blank 'last active' are all solo players (no tribe) ... the tribes with 0 structures, are tribes I've deleted where the server retained it's .arktribe file (which was the rm command request) :)

list.png

xevil.thumb.png.cfbbb58ba5f69debde29a3fcd47722ba.png

Edited by HarryPottr

Hi Mirage

I wanted to ask you if you know anything about how the genesis missions are stored, in particular the number of missions that have been completed

there is an annoying bug that will happen randomly that will reset peoples progress back to 0 missions and they have to do them all again to be able to do the boss fight

ultimately I'd like to be able to change the number of missions that they have done, but they haven't added an admin command for that (apart from the complete each single mission that can only target the player that issues it)

are you aware of any data file that can be manipulated to set the number of mission progress?

thanks

Hi MirageUK,

After your post from August, 30, where you told me about ARK Smart Breeding, I downloaded this application to test it. And incidentally I noticed that the few dinos in cryopods that your application can't see in my savegame, for an unknown reason, are seen by ARK Smart Breeding.

If you remember, I reported to you that I have often some dinos in cryopods that inexplicably don't appear in the list of tamed dinos. I just have to uncryo them to make them appear in ARK Viewer. So, not a big deal, but a bit frustrating sometimes. My dedicated server is and has always been vanilla, so this issue is not mod related.

If you look into my savegame, maybe you will be able to figure out the issue ? For example, in my last savegame :

• We have 3 Gigas in cryopods. ARK Viewer shows only 2 of them, while ARK Smart Breeding shows all of them.
  • We have 12 Basilos in cryopods. ARK Viewer shows only 11, ARK Smart Breeding shows all of them.
  • We have 7 Ice Wyverns in cryopods. ARK Viewer shows only 3, ARK Smart Breeding shows all of them.
  • We have 3 Fire Wyverns in cryopods. ARK Viewer shows only 1, ARK Smart Breeding shows all of them.

Link to my Google Drive with my Crystal Isles savegame : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/19dlyx3O8Bq2TqSufH4k7c6CruCIhM4P1?usp=sharing

As I said, not a big deal, but I thought that maybe you would be interested in investigating this issue.

• Thanks 1

Where is the window size info stored? I closed by right click on the task bar and "Close Window" and now the program will not maximize again when I open it. It is running, just minimized to the task bar so it is useless.

EDIT: I found the section in config.json and got it back.

Edited by PhorceOne
  • Like 1

On 9/4/2020 at 12:17 PM, c0mical said:

Hi Mirage

I wanted to ask you if you know anything about how the genesis missions are stored, in particular the number of missions that have been completed

there is an annoying bug that will happen randomly that will reset peoples progress back to 0 missions and they have to do them all again to be able to do the boss fight

ultimately I'd like to be able to change the number of missions that they have done, but they haven't added an admin command for that (apart from the complete each single mission that can only target the player that issues it)

are you aware of any data file that can be manipulated to set the number of mission progress?

thanks

Player mission progress is held in the relevant player.arkprofile file.  I can surface this information from the toolkit but there is no easy way of writing it back afaik.

Hi Mirage,

This tool I just discover today is just fantastic, and it is a really help for server's admins.

We are playing many servers on our cluster but we are playing on the map Caballus and it doesn't recognize on ARKViewer52. Is there a way to get information about this server or I should ask you if you could add this map to your tool ?

Thanks in advance,

Cheers,

JImmy.

Hi @JImmyMEG1 I haven't heard of that map but I will look into it and see if I can get it added. 

Just working on a few "bugs" at the moment.  Some tames not showing - cryo pod related possibly and solo "tribes" not having a last active time even though there is one on solo players.

Also looking at including player mission scores in the player view.

Support for Caballus map will be included in the next release.

CaballusSupport.thumb.jpg.b448a50659566c40823e12ad47eb963d.jpg

Edited by MirageUK