Admin / Trusted Player Tool - Game Save Visualiser

MirageUK

7 hours ago, MirageUK said:

Release 50 available.

http://www.miragesoftware.co.uk/ARK/Apps/ARKViewer50.zip

Bug Fixes

• Additional checks around tribes to hopefully prevent errors reported by @mjfro2
  • Additional checks on file load.  If bad config it will no longer throw error but fail silently and allow you in to view and change your settings.

Features

Very Nice!

Release 51 available

http://www.miragesoftware.co.uk/ARK/Apps/ARKViewer51.zip

Just a quick performance pass in which I have managed to improve performance of the UI once loaded.  For example switching between tribes/players/creatures in the various drop downs is now a LOT faster.  Doesn't feel like it's going to crash anymore when trying to show Coals in the ocean :)

Not much I can do about performance of initial save load unfortunately - maybe something @Wolfamid can look at improving from my open sourced code?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi mirage,

First off big thanks for your hardwork on this wonderfull tool we have been using on our private server for about a year.

Today i wanted to check my dinos on my single player save of valguero, but my tames only appear when i click on "wild creatures". Moreover they have no names. 

All the other wild dinos on the map Don't appear there except a few ones freshly spawned by the game. 

I have tried to view my save through the single player option on valguero and through the "file selection" option where you choose the precise pass for ark viewer to scan your save. Both gave me the same result: my tames appear with no names and only in the wild creature section with almost no "true" wild creature visible in the program.

If you have any idea of what's causing this, i'll buy it :D

Ps i have no mods active and i haven't done any wipe for ages. I might try to wipe soon and see what happens.

Thanks for your time and keep it up my friend !

Good morning @roro4066

I have deleted my single player Valguero save and created a new one.  Freshly spawned in - used Cheat DoTame on first wild (A Parasaur) and named it "Test Tame".  Appears to be working fine for me?

ValTestTame.thumb.jpg.81b00149ea08ec4013a26434f16c2e0e.jpg

The wild spawn thing - it's a single player thing to help improve performance  where things don't actually come out of hibernation and become available in the save data until you are in the approximate area.

WildSummary.thumb.jpg.a3718172f43c8f1eabbd200726e2c27a.jpg

You can change this if you like - but might be  a perormance hit on the game depending on your system.

LaunchOptions.thumb.jpg.dcbff220a0568b4b0fa1f7f51cc3b5b2.jpg

If you are still having issues I can always try and look at your game save if you can upload it somewhere I can access.

Cheers

Hi Mirage.  I've just noticed that Queen Bees are showing as Male in the list of creatures.  

{"creature":"Bee_Queen_Character_BP_C","sex":0,"lvl":5,"lat":69.074,"lon":73.4628754,"hp":0,"stam":0,"melee":0,"weight":0,"speed":0,"food":0,"oxy":0,"craft":0,"c0":34,"c1":0,"c2":42,"c3":43,"c4":20,"c5":42,"ccc":"187703 152592 -13578"}

Is this a problem with the save file, or is the API misinterpreting something?

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 9:17 AM, MirageUK said:

Good morning @roro4066

I have deleted my single player Valguero save and created a new one.  Freshly spawned in - used Cheat DoTame on first wild (A Parasaur) and named it "Test Tame".  Appears to be working fine for me?

ValTestTame.thumb.jpg.81b00149ea08ec4013a26434f16c2e0e.jpg

The wild spawn thing - it's a single player thing to help improve performance  where things don't actually come out of hibernation and become available in the save data until you are in the approximate area.

WildSummary.thumb.jpg.a3718172f43c8f1eabbd200726e2c27a.jpg

You can change this if you like - but might be  a perormance hit on the game depending on your system.

LaunchOptions.thumb.jpg.dcbff220a0568b4b0fa1f7f51cc3b5b2.jpg

If you are still having issues I can always try and look at your game save if you can upload it somewhere I can access.

Cheers

I thank you for your patience and the time spent trying to figure out the issue.

The problem might be on my side apparently.

i will try to upload the file of my SP save with the help of a friend, as i'm pretty bad with such things….

But i can tell you we have a "similar" issue on our private sever as well, it's def not as bad though:

we can see our ice wyverns on Crystal isles (uploaded from valguero) in the wild dinos section of arkviewer (again, with no name). But besides that everything is working fine on the multiplayer side.

cya soon mate and have a good one !

23 hours ago, Larkfields said:

Hi Mirage.  I've just noticed that Queen Bees are showing as Male in the list of creatures.  

{"creature":"Bee_Queen_Character_BP_C","sex":0,"lvl":5,"lat":69.074,"lon":73.4628754,"hp":0,"stam":0,"melee":0,"weight":0,"speed":0,"food":0,"oxy":0,"craft":0,"c0":34,"c1":0,"c2":42,"c3":43,"c4":20,"c5":42,"ccc":"187703 152592 -13578"}

Is this a problem with the save file, or is the API misinterpreting something?

I believe we default to MALE unless the gender flag shows female.. so for things without gender - such as queen bees - they are incorrectly showing as male.  I can switch to use Female as default.

@MirageUK Think i may have found a bug, i have seen tamed dinos that are not being listed as tamed, if i look under the wild creatures it will be listed in there as still wild. The Pternodon highlighted blue is tamed. I have also noticed that sometimes tamed dinos come up as unclaimed, Exp: someone breed a dino, claimed the baby and it still comes up as unclaimed

8.3.2020.PNG

2 hours ago, MirageUK said:

I believe we default to MALE unless the gender flag shows female.. so for things without gender - such as queen bees - they are incorrectly showing as male.  I can switch to use Female as default.

Thanks for your reply Mirage.  Does that mean the Gender field is missing from the save file for some creatures?

@Rattgtg can I grab a copy from you?  I only have 2 maps to test on at the moment and they both seem to be showing wilds/tames correctly so not much for me to debug.  I'm pretty sure it'll be some weird combination I'm not checking for between the TamingTeam and the TargetingTeam properties and with a copy I'll quickly identify it.

@Larkfields yes, it tends to be on unbreedables and gender neutrals that the property isn't provided. The property is actually "IsFemale" - so we assume Male if not provided.

Edited by MirageUK

Hi Mirage.

Can I request a new option please for the command line version.
Given that most of the processing time is taken during loading a map, is it possible to output all four json files (tamed, wild, survivors and tribes) in one run please?

Maybe write the four files to the current directory, or to a specified directory.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

@legendofgow I can't take full credit.

The majority of work that went into this was actually work by others creating the toolkit library I use.

https://github.com/ark-mod/ArkSavegameToolkitNet

Granted I have made some tweaks to this library for my own purposes (cryopods, vivariums, some player/tame data) but my work was mainly the User Interface to visualise the data returned by the toolkit.

I don't have a webpage and work as a developer so get paid by a company.  As such I don't need any further donations for stuff  I do outside of my day job, but thanks for offering.

Regards

Mirage

Edited by MirageUK
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @MirageUK,

I don't know if you still play ARK and are willing to add some features to your awesome tool. I have a suggestion which is, I confess, purely comfort-enhancing :

On my server we like to tame and breed a lot of dinos. That's our thing, breeding. Hence we are always looking for dinos with best stats, and we make a weekly dino wipe to renew the population. With your tool, if I want to breed Basilos, I select Basilosaurus and I look for the best stats in the current population of Basilos. Easy. Let's say I'm currently breeding 3 or 4 species of dinos, I closely watch these species after each dino wipe.

But ! Maybe there is an incredible Thyla right now in the server with 38 or 40 in its Melee stat and I don't know it because I'm not currently breeding Thylas and I don't watch their population. Except that if I knew there was such an "absolute unit", I would tame it at all costs.

Here is my suggestion : as well as we have a nice Min/Max level selection on the wild tab, could we have a similar Min (Max not really useful) stat selection on the wild tab. That way we would see at a glance if there are "absolute units" of dinos in the current population without having to select species one by one and sort stats one by one in every species.

Of course, like I said, it's a pure comfort-enhancing feature, and your tool has already every essential feature and even more. ?

Another thing :

On 8/3/2020 at 3:57 PM, Rattgtg said:

@MirageUK Think i may have found a bug, i have seen tamed dinos that are not being listed as tamed, if i look under the wild creatures it will be listed in there as still wild. The Pternodon highlighted blue is tamed. I have also noticed that sometimes tamed dinos come up as unclaimed, Exp: someone breed a dino, claimed the baby and it still comes up as unclaimed

8.3.2020.PNG

I can confirm this issue, although it's rare. And also, much more frequently, some dinos in cryopods don't appear in the list of tamed dinos. We have to uncryo them to make them appear. Vanilla server, no mods used.

Thank you. :)

Morning @Elgar

We use it in a very similar way - using the sort options of the detail grid to determine what our next target is based on the highest melee/hp/stamina.  

I currently have no plans to extend and include such "wishlist" functionality as it's easy enough to look for what we want manually however I believe this sort of functionality is available in ARK Smart Breeding application - 

I'm not getting a lot of time recently but the next thing I'll be working on in ARK Viewer is a way to export only selected data into json files to give to server users to use without having to have access to the entire .ark, .arktribe, .arkprofile files directly.

Edited by MirageUK
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@MirageUK

Trying to connect FTP to my servers and got this error

Mode: Mode_Ftp

Save:
valguero_p.ark

Trace:
   at System.Net.Dns.GetAddrInfo(String name)
   at System.Net.Dns.InternalGetHostByName(String hostName, Boolean includeIPv6)
   at System.Net.Dns.GetHostAddresses(String hostNameOrAddress)
   at FluentFTP.FtpSocketStream.Connect(String host, Int32 port, FtpIpVersion ipVersions)
   at FluentFTP.FtpClient.Connect()
   at FluentFTP.FtpClient.get_Capabilities()
   at FluentFTP.FtpClient.CalculateGetListingCommand(String path, FtpListOption options, String& listcmd, Boolean& machineList)
   at FluentFTP.FtpClient.GetListing(String path, FtpListOption options)
   at ARKViewer.frmViewer.DownloadFtp()
   at ARKViewer.frmViewer.LoadData()
   at ARKViewer.frmViewer.btnSettings_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

On 8/30/2020 at 8:36 AM, MirageUK said:

Morning @Elgar

We use it in a very similar way - using the sort options of the detail grid to determine what our next target is based on the highest melee/hp/stamina.  

I currently have no plans to extend and include such "wishlist" functionality as it's easy enough to look for what we want manually however I believe this sort of functionality is available in ARK Smart Breeding application - 

I'm not getting a lot of time recently but the next thing I'll be working on in ARK Viewer is a way to export only selected data into json files to give to server users to use without having to have access to the entire .ark, .arktribe, .arkprofile files directly.

Thank you for your answer, and I totally understand, no worries. :)

Hi Mirage

would it be possible for your (amazing) tool to get the ID numbers of tamed dinos?

I've tried using the ark-tools and I can convert the .ark to a .json, but extracting the tames is giving me an error even though the JSON is valid. I can get at them by knowing say the name from that but I wondered if it would be simple for you to access

thanks

7 hours ago, gloilin said:

Any chance of support for Tunguska mod map?  Or is there a way for me to just add a map picture and fix the coordinate mapping?  I know the mod maps are subject to change constantly so would be hard to keep them all updated, but if it's something I can do on my end that would be awesome

Sure I can work on adding other mod maps.  I did a custom one for @Norlinri and if  you can provide a drawn map for Tunguska I can try and work out the co ordinate system.

• Thanks 1