Admin / Trusted Player Tool - Game Save Visualiser

MirageUK

Hello, im getting this error in a custom map

Mode: Mode_Offline

Save:
A:\ark\servers\MercadoX10\ShooterGame\Saved\Mercado\Arkforum_Eventmap.ark

Referencia a objeto no establecida como instancia de un objeto.

Trace:
   en ArkSavegameToolkitNet.IPropertyContainerExtensions.GetPropertyValue[TPropertyValue](IPropertyContainer self, ArkName name) en D:\Apps\ARKViewer-Master\ArkSavegameToolkitNet\IPropertyContainerExtensions.cs:línea 47
   en ArkSavegameToolkitNet.Domain.ArkTribe..ctor(IGameObject tribe, DateTime tribeSaveTime) en D:\Apps\ARKViewer-Master\ArkSavegameToolkitNet.Domain\ArkTribe.cs:línea 82
   en ArkSavegameToolkitNet.Domain.IGameObjectExtensions.AsTribe(IGameObject self, DateTime tribeSaveTime) en D:\Apps\ARKViewer-Master\ArkSavegameToolkitNet.Domain\IGameObjectExtensions.cs:línea 37
   en ArkSavegameToolkitNet.Domain.ArkGameData.<>c.<Update>b__13_23(ArkTribe x) en D:\Apps\ARKViewer-Master\ArkSavegameToolkitNet.Domain\ArkGameData.cs:línea 194
   en System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectArrayIterator`2.MoveNext()
   en System.Linq.Buffer`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 source)
   en System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
   en ArkSavegameToolkitNet.Domain.ArkGameData.Update(CancellationToken ct, ArkPlayerExternal[] externalPlayerData, Boolean deferApplyNewData, ArkAnonymizeData anonymize) en D:\Apps\ARKViewer-Master\ArkSavegameToolkitNet.Domain\ArkGameData.cs:línea 194
   en ARKViewer.frmViewer.LoadData() en D:\Apps\ARKViewer-Master\ARKViewer\frmViewer.cs:línea 222
   en ARKViewer.frmViewer.btnSettings_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) en D:\Apps\ARKViewer-Master\ARKViewer\frmViewer.cs:línea 3220
   en System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   en System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   en System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   en System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   en System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   en System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   en System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   en System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

10 hours ago, arkland said:

Hello, im getting this error in a custom map

Save:
A:\ark\servers\MercadoX10\ShooterGame\Saved\Mercado\Arkforum_Eventmap.ark

Referencia a objeto no establecida como instancia de un objeto.

Trace:
   en ArkSavegameToolkitNet.IPropertyContainerExtensions.GetPropertyValue[TPropertyValue](IPropertyContainer self, ArkName name) en D:\Apps\ARKViewer-Master\ArkSavegameToolkitNet\IPropertyContainerExtensions.cs:línea 47
   en ArkSavegameToolkitNet.Domain.ArkTribe..ctor(IGameObject tribe, DateTime tribeSaveTime) en D:\Apps\ARKViewer-Master\ArkSavegameToolkitNet.Domain\ArkTribe.cs:línea 82
   en ArkSavegameToolkitNet.Domain.IGameObjectExtensions.AsTribe(IGameObject self, DateTime tribeSaveTime) en D:\Apps\ARKViewer-Master\ArkSavegameToolkitNet.Domain\IGameObjectExtensions.cs:línea 37
   en ArkSavegameToolkitNet.Domain.ArkGameData.<>c.<Update>b__13_23(ArkTribe x) en D:\Apps\ARKViewer-Master\ArkSavegameToolkitNet.Domain\ArkGameData.cs:línea 194
   en System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectArrayIterator`2.MoveNext()
   en System.Linq.Buffer`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 source)
   en System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
   en ArkSavegameToolkitNet.Domain.ArkGameData.Update(CancellationToken ct, ArkPlayerExternal[] externalPlayerData, Boolean deferApplyNewData, ArkAnonymizeData anonymize) en D:\Apps\ARKViewer-Master\ArkSavegameToolkitNet.Domain\ArkGameData.cs:línea 194
   en ARKViewer.frmViewer.LoadData() en D:\Apps\ARKViewer-Master\ARKViewer\frmViewer.cs:línea 222
   en ARKViewer.frmViewer.btnSettings_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) en D:\Apps\ARKViewer-Master\ARKViewer\frmViewer.cs:línea 3220
   en System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   en System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   en System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   en System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   en System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   en System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   en System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   en System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Unable to find TribeId when reading Tribe data. 

Can't really tell you which file though as I don't currently report any tribe/player files in the error report.  Try copy just the .ARK file into a different folder and see what happens?

On 7/8/2020 at 3:46 AM, BaconsExtreme said:

Hello Guy, is There a way to find mek trought this?!
I miss this in creatures!

Any constructed Meks are already listed under the Tames tab.  Dropdown the creatures list and look for "Mek".

For unassembled Mek Bp's you would have to check a players inventory to search personal inventory, tamed dino inventory and all structure inventory for the MEK bp.

Edited by MirageUK
Added info on unassembled meks.

@Shodan I know it's been a while but just reading back through the pages to see if I missed anything and noticed you said you were running "Hope" and another custom map.  FYI I will hopefully be implementing basic support for Hope after work this evening. 

Also, if you can provide me access to the other map - and a drawn map - I can see about including your custom map too if that's of any help?  I did similar for @Norlinri and her custom map Astral ARK.

@arkland I will also have a soft fix for your issue in the next release.  It simply won't load the bad tribe file data and move on instead of throwing a hard error at you.

Edited by MirageUK
Info about bad tribe fix.

FYI, I'm still working on it. 

• I have implemented basic support for Hope but no download available just yet.
  • Death item cache locations can definitely be included as they are already available in the toolkit for me to use.

Looking back at the list the ones I don't seem able to identify are:

• Unclaimed Dinos - for some reason there doesnt seem to be a property I can use to identify them.  Taming/Targeting properties still remain the original tamers when unclaimed.
  • Pegomastax showing as tamed after stealing ANYTHING from a player (spyglass for instance).  Again, the targeting/taming properties appear to indicate they are tamed but they obviously aren't and I can find no property to identify true tames from ones that just stole stuff and ran.

Still investigating:

• Unclaimed dinos claimed by new tribe still shows old tribe/owner.  Possibly similar issue to the unclaimed/pego tame but not had chance to check all the properties on these ones yet.

Future feature requests:

• @Norlinri - Add ability to provide a filtered export to players / moderators to use wihout need for direct access to game save and player/tribe data.
  • Thanks 1

ARK Viewer 48 now available for download: http://www.miragesoftware.co.uk/ARK/Apps/ARKViewer48.zip

Features

• Basic map support for "Hope" @Shodan
  • Ability to identify unclaimed tames. New filter option added to "Tribe" dropdown on Tamed tab - "[Unclaimed Creatures]"
  • Ability to identify tames claimed by somebody other than original tamer.  Will still show original tamer name/tribe name in the tamed list when all selected but will filter out to the actual claimed player/tribe if using the drop-downs and no longer be in the list for the original tamer when filtered.
  • Added "[Death Cache]" as an option in the Dropped Items tab to show locations of any player death bodies/bags.

Fixes

• Soft fix for @arkland when the toolkit cannot identify a tribe id from the tribe file data.
  • Thanks 1

• Volunteer Moderator
7 hours ago, MirageUK said:
  • Pegomastax showing as tamed after stealing ANYTHING from a player (spyglass for instance).  Again, the targeting/taming properties appear to indicate they are tamed but they obviously aren't and I can find no property to identify true tames from ones that just stole stuff and ran.

Tried to look at their tribe ID? If tamed, their tribe ID would be a 10 digits integer otherwise would be a short index (that I believe identifies the spawn region they spawned at or something).

• Wild:
    		{
    			"DinoID": "9751250656956615",
    			"TribeID": 12,
    			"Species": "Pegomastax",
    			"Loc": [ -202299.390625, -43369.39453125, 75247.4609375 ],
    			"Level": 35,
    			"Base Stats":
    			{
    				"Health": 3,
    				"Stamina": 6,
    				"Oxygen": 5,
    				"Food": 7,
    				"Weight": 3,
    				"Melee": 5,
    				"Speed": 5,
    				"Crafting": 0
    			}
    		}

• Wild (Thief):
    		{
    			"DinoID": "18058434149784246",
    			"TribeID": 12,
    			"Loc": [ -204957.46875, -41341.8671875, 75247.2421875 ],
    			"Level": 35,
    			"Base Stats":
    			{
    				"Health": 4,
    				"Stamina": 3,
    				"Oxygen": 7,
    				"Food": 4,
    				"Weight": 5,
    				"Melee": 5,
    				"Speed": 6,
    			}
    		}

• Tamed (Thief):
    		{
    			"DinoID": "18058434149784246",
    			"TribeID": 1180221974,
    			"Loc": [ -202238.015625, -43390.59375, 75247.5 ],
    			"Level": 52,
    			"Base Stats":
    			{
    				"Health": 4,
    				"Stamina": 5,
    				"Oxygen": 11,
    				"Food": 7,
    				"Weight": 7,
    				"Melee": 6,
    				"Speed": 11,
    			}
    		}

I believe the game mark them as "tamed" as soon as they steal something so that they don't despawn with your loot if they run outside of their spawn.

• Thanks 2

Cheers @invincibleqc - another tookit victim of the changes to ARK file properties.  Since Genesis release they messed things up and we ended up with both a TribeId and a TargetingTeam property so now have to do more comparrisons of both to ensure that they are identified correctly.

I used your suggestion and found that it was simply checking for either a TamerString or TamingTeamID - both of which show the player data. 

Adding an additional check for TargetingTeam brings back numbers less than 10 digits as per your observations and the Pego will no longer show as tamed in the next release.

Hello CyberMirageUK, I'm getting this error on the genesis map

Mode: Mode_Ftp

Save:
genesis.ark

Object reference not defined for an instance of an object.

Trace:
   em ArkSavegameToolkitNet.ArkSavegame.LoadCryopodEntries() na D:\Apps\ARKViewer-Master\ArkSavegameToolkitNet\ArkSaveGame.cs:linha 150
   em ArkSavegameToolkitNet.ArkSavegame.LoadEverything() na D:\Apps\ARKViewer-Master\ArkSavegameToolkitNet\ArkSaveGame.cs:linha 127
   em ArkSavegameToolkitNet.Domain.ArkGameData.Update(CancellationToken ct, ArkPlayerExternal[] externalPlayerData, Boolean deferApplyNewData, ArkAnonymizeData anonymize) na D:\Apps\ARKViewer-Master\ArkSavegameToolkitNet.Domain\ArkGameData.cs:linha 74
   em ARKViewer.frmViewer.LoadData() na D:\Apps\ARKViewer-Master\ARKViewer\frmViewer.cs:linha 222
   em ARKViewer.frmViewer..ctor() na D:\Apps\ARKViewer-Master\ARKViewer\frmViewer.cs:linha 88
   em ARKViewer.Program.Main() na D:\Apps\ARKViewer-Master\ARKViewer\Program.cs:linha 838

Edited by Anselmo

• Volunteer Moderator
On 7/21/2020 at 9:26 AM, MirageUK said:

Cheers @invincibleqc - another tookit victim of the changes to ARK file properties.  Since Genesis release they messed things up and we ended up with both a TribeId and a TargetingTeam property so now have to do more comparrisons of both to ensure that they are identified correctly.

I used your suggestion and found that it was simply checking for either a TamerString or TamingTeamID - both of which show the player data. 

Adding an additional check for TargetingTeam brings back numbers less than 10 digits as per your observations and the Pego will no longer show as tamed in the next release.

Looked further into this just now, and the only check the game is doing to determine whether a dino is tamed or not is the following:

bool IsDinoTamed(APrimalDinoCharacter *pDino) { return pDino->TargetingTeam >= 50000; }

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Wolfamid said:

still insanely long read save file duration ...

this tool cant be useful you have to test it a proper server map save file not on solo 30-40mb map save file

and island map jpg is still broken 

Constructive criticisms is fine, but what you have put is not. If you don't find it useful, then don't use it.

Yes it may take time to load and i'm sure if/when it can be improved it will be. Regardless it's still extremely useful getting visibility of our map saves.

• Thanks 4

Hi MirageUK,

I am receiving the following error on startup:

Save:
C:\ArkBackupCurrent\TheCenter\TheCenterSavedArks\TheCenter.ark

Parameter name: source

Trace:
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.Count[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
   at ARKViewer.frmViewer.<>c.<LoadData>b__21_7(ArkTribe i) in D:\Apps\ARKViewer-Master\ARKViewer\frmViewer.cs:line 240
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectArrayIterator`2.MoveNext()
   at System.Linq.Buffer`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 source)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
   at ARKViewer.frmViewer.LoadData() in D:\Apps\ARKViewer-Master\ARKViewer\frmViewer.cs:line 244
   at ARKViewer.frmViewer..ctor() in D:\Apps\ARKViewer-Master\ARKViewer\frmViewer.cs:line 88
   at ARKViewer.Program.Main() in D:\Apps\ARKViewer-Master\ARKViewer\Program.cs:line 838

EDIT: I am also receiving the error below when I download a fresh copy of ArkViewer49 and load a fresh save.  This doesn't crash the program but it just gets stuck trying to load the save file. If I close the viewer then it will give me the original error above again after reloading.

Save:

Trace:
   at ARKViewer.frmViewer.<>c.<LoadData>b__21_7(ArkTribe i) in D:\Apps\ARKViewer-Master\ARKViewer\frmViewer.cs:line 240
   at ARKViewer.frmViewer.LoadData() in D:\Apps\ARKViewer-Master\ARKViewer\frmViewer.cs:line 244
   at ARKViewer.frmViewer.btnSettings_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\Apps\ARKViewer-Master\ARKViewer\frmViewer.cs:line 3268
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I am on the Microsoft Store version of ARK if that matters.  Appreciate ya :)

Edited by mjfro2

19 hours ago, mjfro2 said:

Hi MirageUK,

I am receiving the following error on startup:

Save:

Trace:
   at ARKViewer.frmViewer..ctor() in D:\Apps\ARKViewer-Master\ARKViewer\frmViewer.cs:line 88
   at ARKViewer.Program.Main() in D:\Apps\ARKViewer-Master\ARKViewer\Program.cs:line 838

EDIT: I am also receiving the error below when I download a fresh copy of ArkViewer49 and load a fresh save.  This doesn't crash the program but it just gets stuck trying to load the save file. If I close the viewer then it will give me the original error above again after reloading.

Save:

Trace:
   at ARKViewer.frmViewer.btnSettings_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\Apps\ARKViewer-Master\ARKViewer\frmViewer.cs:line 3268
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I am on the Microsoft Store version of ARK if that matters.  Appreciate ya :)

Looking into it - hopefully have an update for you soon.

• Like 1

On 7/25/2020 at 6:24 PM, Wolfamid said:

still insanely long read save file duration ...

this tool cant be useful you have to test it a proper server map save file not on solo 30-40mb map save file

and island map jpg is still broken 

What about the island map is still "broken"? I no longer play that map and wouldn't notice any issues without somebody reporting them.

Btw the whole thing is open sourced - feel free to grab your own copy from Github and tweak the performance as you see fit.

https://github.com/miragedmuk/ARKViewer-Master

Also, just checked and unfortunately my max private server file size is only 100mb - but that loads in just under 10 seconds on my machine.  If you can't work out how to improve the code (it's good enough for me as a personal tool I've released for others) - might be time to upgrade your hardware?

Edited by MirageUK
Tested speed on my machine and largest map file I have personally.
  • Thanks 1

Release 50 available.

http://www.miragesoftware.co.uk/ARK/Apps/ARKViewer50.zip

Bug Fixes

• Additional checks around tribes to hopefully prevent errors reported by @mjfro2
  • Additional checks on file load.  If bad config it will no longer throw error but fail silently and allow you in to view and change your settings.

Features

• Thanks 2

Hi MirageUK,

Unfortunately I am receiving a similar error with Release 50.  On first load with a fresh save I get the following error (Looks to be the same error except it references line 242 this time instead of line 244):

Save:

Trace:
   at ARKViewer.frmViewer.LoadData() in D:\Apps\ARKViewer-Master\ARKViewer\frmViewer.cs:line 242
   at ARKViewer.frmViewer.btnSettings_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\Apps\ARKViewer-Master\ARKViewer\frmViewer.cs:line 3270

The program does the same thing where it will be stuck on loading.  Once I close and restart then I get this error which causes a crash:

Save:

Trace:
   at ARKViewer.frmViewer.LoadData() in D:\Apps\ARKViewer-Master\ARKViewer\frmViewer.cs:line 242

As always, your efforts are very much appreciated!!