Admin / Trusted Player Tool - Game Save Visualiser

MirageUK

No information is available yet on the ARK Wiki for the co-ordinate conversion multipliers and offset for lat/lon co ords on Crystal Isles but I've taken a guess and it's not perfect but got it pretty close. 

http://www.miragesoftware.co.uk/ARK/Apps/ARKViewer42.zip

Bug Fixes

• SFtp download did not delete files when not using Synchronise mode.
  • Crystal Isles co-ordinate system way out.  I have improved it a lot but it's not perfect until the Wiki is updated or somebody else works out the exact base values I need.

Features

• New Crystal Isles map from the Wiki

Crystal_Isles_Map_Small.png

Btw the lat/lon calculations use the following:

Lat Shift (LaS), Lat Division (LaD), Lon Shift (LoS), Lon Division (LoD)

These are specific to each map.  For the Crystal Isles I guessed/approximated at:

• LaS = 50, LaD = 15250, LoS = 50, LoD = 17000

Then using these settings the Lat/Lon is calculated using in-game X/Y/Z (CCC) as follows:

• Lat = LaS + Y / LaD
  • Lon = LoS + X / LoD

.... somebody good at math can probably sort me out with the exact values needed on Crystal Isles but I'm happy to wait for the Wiki to be updated.

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Coordinates#Coordinate_Transformation

Edited by MirageUK
Added Lat/Lon calculation method of toolkit.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Mode: Mode_Offline

Save:
\\rattserver\ArkServer\GV\Crystal Isles\ShooterGame\Saved\SavedArks\CrystalIsles.ark

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Trace:
   at ArkSavegameToolkitNet.ArkSavegame.<>c__DisplayClass52_1.<LoadCryopodEntries>b__3(GameObject o) in D:\Apps\ARKViewer-Master\ArkSavegameToolkitNet\ArkSaveGame.cs:line 160
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.FirstOrDefault[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
   at ArkSavegameToolkitNet.ArkSavegame.LoadCryopodEntries() in D:\Apps\ARKViewer-Master\ArkSavegameToolkitNet\ArkSaveGame.cs:line 160
   at ArkSavegameToolkitNet.ArkSavegame.LoadEverything() in D:\Apps\ARKViewer-Master\ArkSavegameToolkitNet\ArkSaveGame.cs:line 126
   at ArkSavegameToolkitNet.Domain.ArkGameData.Update(CancellationToken ct, ArkPlayerExternal[] externalPlayerData, Boolean deferApplyNewData, ArkAnonymizeData anonymize) in D:\Apps\ARKViewer-Master\ArkSavegameToolkitNet.Domain\ArkGameData.cs:line 74
   at ARKViewer.frmViewer.LoadData() in D:\Apps\ARKViewer-Master\ARKViewer\frmViewer.cs:line 222
   at ARKViewer.frmViewer.btnSettings_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\Apps\ARKViewer-Master\ARKViewer\frmViewer.cs:line 3186
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I can open the backup that was taken 2hrs before the current  file,  just cant open the current file

Edited by Rattgtg

2 hours ago, tbfrnritunbv6 said:

Woah, this is great stuff, thanks!

One question though, when I check the 'Wild Creatures' list  only get between 1-5 creatures to show up. What's up with that?

It might be that your radius is too small. Change it to 100, then it will display all creatures across the map.

image.thumb.png.8e48dd13b5dc7576a79af039f99358a8.png

Let me know if that solved your problem :)

10 hours ago, tbfrnritunbv6 said:

Woah, this is great stuff, thanks!

One question though, when I check the 'Wild Creatures' list  only get between 1-5 creatures to show up. What's up with that?

Single player?

Single player games don't work the same way as a server.  Wilds only spawn within a certain distance from player.

Hello Mirage UK,

I was super excited to find this tool, it's exactly the kind of thing I would love to make extensive use of on my private Ark server. I downloaded the last three previews to test it out, namely version:

44, 43 and 42 and with each one I get this error.

Just to be clear, I was running the tool off my hard disc with the save game file downloaded off my Nitrado server. Not sure if that is what I should have been doing or if that's the cause of the error I've been getting:

Save:
H:\UserProfiles\xxxxx\Downloads\CrystalIsles.ark

An item with the same key has already been added.

Trace:
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToDictionary[TSource,TKey,TElement](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 keySelector, Func`2 elementSelector, IEqualityComparer`1 comparer)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToDictionary[TSource,TKey,TElement](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 keySelector, Func`2 elementSelector)
   at ArkSavegameToolkitNet.Domain.ArkGameDataBase.Initialize(ArkClusterDataBase clusterData) in D:\Apps\ARKViewer-Master\ArkSavegameToolkitNet.Domain\ArkGameDataBase.cs:line 155
   at ArkSavegameToolkitNet.Domain.ArkGameData.ApplyNewData(ArkSavegame save, ArkTamedCreature[] tamed, ArkWildCreature[] wild, ArkPlayer[] players, ArkTribe[] tribes, ArkItem[] items, ArkDroppedItem[] droppedItems, ArkStructure[] structures, Boolean decouple, ArkAnonymizeData anonymize) in D:\Apps\ARKViewer-Master\ArkSavegameToolkitNet.Domain\ArkGameData.cs:line 264
   at CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , ArkGameData , Object , Object , Object , Object , Object , Object , Object , Object , Boolean , Object )
   at ArkSavegameToolkitNet.Domain.ArkGameData.ApplyPreviousUpdate(Boolean decouple) in D:\Apps\ARKViewer-Master\ArkSavegameToolkitNet.Domain\ArkGameData.cs:line 232
   at ARKViewer.frmViewer.LoadData() in D:\Apps\ARKViewer-Master\ARKViewer\frmViewer.cs:line 225
   at ARKViewer.frmViewer..ctor() in D:\Apps\ARKViewer-Master\ARKViewer\frmViewer.cs:line 88
   at ARKViewer.Program.Main() in D:\Apps\ARKViewer-Master\ARKViewer\Program.cs:line 828

Edit: The problem has been solved! I thought I would leave it up here in case someone else runs into the same problem. I only had the x.Ark file in the specified folder when loading an offline savegame and was running into the error. When I downloaded the .tribe and .profile files into the same folder as well, the tool was able to pick up the savefile successfully.

I hope this is helpful!

Edited by LithiumFlower
  • Thanks 1

Ahh 

On 6/20/2020 at 7:06 PM, LithiumFlower said:

Hello Mirage UK,

I was super excited to find this tool, it's exactly the kind of thing I would love to make extensive use of on my private Ark server. I downloaded the last three previews to test it out, namely version:

44, 43 and 42 and with each one I get this error.

Just to be clear, I was running the tool off my hard disc with the save game file downloaded off my Nitrado server. Not sure if that is what I should have been doing or if that's the cause of the error I've been getting:

Save:
H:\UserProfiles\xxxxx\Downloads\CrystalIsles.ark

An item with the same key has already been added.

Trace:
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToDictionary[TSource,TKey,TElement](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 keySelector, Func`2 elementSelector, IEqualityComparer`1 comparer)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToDictionary[TSource,TKey,TElement](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 keySelector, Func`2 elementSelector)
   at ArkSavegameToolkitNet.Domain.ArkGameDataBase.Initialize(ArkClusterDataBase clusterData) in D:\Apps\ARKViewer-Master\ArkSavegameToolkitNet.Domain\ArkGameDataBase.cs:line 155
   at ArkSavegameToolkitNet.Domain.ArkGameData.ApplyNewData(ArkSavegame save, ArkTamedCreature[] tamed, ArkWildCreature[] wild, ArkPlayer[] players, ArkTribe[] tribes, ArkItem[] items, ArkDroppedItem[] droppedItems, ArkStructure[] structures, Boolean decouple, ArkAnonymizeData anonymize) in D:\Apps\ARKViewer-Master\ArkSavegameToolkitNet.Domain\ArkGameData.cs:line 264
   at CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , ArkGameData , Object , Object , Object , Object , Object , Object , Object , Object , Boolean , Object )
   at ArkSavegameToolkitNet.Domain.ArkGameData.ApplyPreviousUpdate(Boolean decouple) in D:\Apps\ARKViewer-Master\ArkSavegameToolkitNet.Domain\ArkGameData.cs:line 232
   at ARKViewer.frmViewer.LoadData() in D:\Apps\ARKViewer-Master\ARKViewer\frmViewer.cs:line 225
   at ARKViewer.frmViewer..ctor() in D:\Apps\ARKViewer-Master\ARKViewer\frmViewer.cs:line 88
   at ARKViewer.Program.Main() in D:\Apps\ARKViewer-Master\ARKViewer\Program.cs:line 828

Edit: The problem has been solved! I thought I would leave it up here in case someone else runs into the same problem. I only had the x.Ark file in the specified folder when loading an offline savegame and was running into the error. When I downloaded the .tribe and .profile files into the same folder as well, the tool was able to pick up the savefile successfully.

I hope this is helpful!

Cheers - will definitely look into this.

@NZScruffy I will update the link on the main page.  I keep forgetting when putting out updates on the conversation pages.  Give me a few minutes.

2 hours ago, Larkfields said:

Hi Mirage.

Can I request a small change please.  I don't know how easy it will be, but...

In the json files that you generate from the command line options for wilds and tames,  can the output be sorted alphabetically by dino type please?

Thanks.

Yeah I can add that - I already sort things in my UI but for speed I output them directly as read for the command line.

• Thanks 1

Version 45 now available.

http://www.miragesoftware.co.uk/ARK/Apps/ARKViewer45.zip

• Increased accuracy of Latitude on Crystal Isles
  • Added new setting option to determine if creature exports via command line are sorted by class name (Off by default) - @Larkfields
  • Added class/friendly map names for:
    • Wyvern (Blood)
    • Wyvern (Tropical)
    • Wyvern (Ember)
    • Dodo (Birthday)
    • Honey Bee
    • Tropeognathus
  • Thanks 2

Hi Mirage

I'm not sure, but I think the Crystal Isles Lat/Long figures might be out a little bit.
I collected some "ccc" data and the corresponding GPS locations...

X, Y, Z, Lat, Long

-508956, 189850, -14626, 60.6, 20.0    
-509493, -298405, -13077, 30.0, 20.0
171369, 500843, -13319, 80, 60
348731, 10855, 24722, 49.4, 70.5
306459, -139938, -2983, 40, 68
1139, 20915, -14045, 50, 50
2504, 180654, -10386, 60, 50.1

I get...   Long = (X/17000)+50    Lat = (Y/16000)+48.7   to be a good fit with this small sample.
However, it's 2am and I'm looking at it with tired eyes.

What do you think?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Larkfields said:

Hi Mirage

I'm not sure, but I think the Crystal Isles Lat/Long figures might be out a little bit.
I collected some "ccc" data and the corresponding GPS locations...

X, Y, Z, Lat, Long

-508956, 189850, -14626, 60.6, 20.0    
-509493, -298405, -13077, 30.0, 20.0
171369, 500843, -13319, 80, 60
348731, 10855, 24722, 49.4, 70.5
306459, -139938, -2983, 40, 68
1139, 20915, -14045, 50, 50
2504, 180654, -10386, 60, 50.1

I get...   Long = (X/17000)+50    Lat = (Y/16000)+48.7   to be a good fit with this small sample.
However, it's 2am and I'm looking at it with tired eyes.

What do you think?

I'll plug the info into my spreadsheet and done some tests today.  I knew they were out - just wasn't that bothered as close enough for my own personal needs until the Wiki was updated with the actual values.

Values plugged in to my spreadsheet and looking good for the sample data I have.  I will update the source code and push out a new release.

Thanks for your help @Larkfields

Edited by MirageUK
  • Thanks 1

Version 46 available.

http://www.miragesoftware.co.uk/ARK/Apps/ARKViewer46.zip

• Drawn map markers for tamed creatures would not re-draw on tribe selection change. Thanks @Norlinri
  • Co-ords were still a little out for Crystal Isles, now updated with the values provided by @Larkfields
  • Added a few friendly name translations for various S+ structures I've used recently that didn't have them.
  • Added Crystal Isles Obelisk locations.
  • Updated wyvern nest check to be more generic and now identify the content of CI wyvern nests.

I also attempted to reproduce the issue reported by @LithiumFlower but unfortunately deleting my .arkprofile/.arktribe files still allowed me to load the last downloaded .ark world save without any error.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Idk if anybody else uses them but FYI sice I have started using it I will be adding S+ Vivarium tame data support in the next couple of days so you can see what animals have been put into Vivariums.

ARKViewer 47 now available for download.

http://www.miragesoftware.co.uk/ARK/Apps/ARKViewer47.zip

Features

• S+ Vivarium Tame detail support.  
    • Re-named column header and tooltip for cryo button - now reads "stored" instead of "cryo" to reflect it toggling both cryo and vivarium creatures.
    • Background colour of cryo creatures remains blue, Vivarium creatures is a pink colour.
    • Added "viv" to the command line export data.
Edited by MirageUK
Vivarium support now added.
  • Thanks 1

Hi @MirageUK,

Thanks for looking into the error. I also tried to reproduce it by deleting my .tribe and .profile files and sure enough the save loads without issue. Is there no way to tell what the error was from the error log? 

Appreciate the updated Lat/Long information, it's much more accurate now. I was wondering if there is any way to see the level of eggs in the wyvern nests? Also any other kind of nests, I imagine that would be pretty useful for nearly everyone hunting all kinds of eggs. Thank you for your work!

20 hours ago, LithiumFlower said:

Hi @MirageUK,

Thanks for looking into the error. I also tried to reproduce it by deleting my .tribe and .profile files and sure enough the save loads without issue. Is there no way to tell what the error was from the error log? 

Appreciate the updated Lat/Long information, it's much more accurate now. I was wondering if there is any way to see the level of eggs in the wyvern nests? Also any other kind of nests, I imagine that would be pretty useful for nearly everyone hunting all kinds of eggs. Thank you for your work!

The egg levels are already available in the listing of the structure.

Simple click on the Wyvern Nest icon to bring up the list - then hover mouse over the first column of the row you're interested in for tooltip of egg type/level.

WyvernNestEggs.png