Admin / Trusted Player Tool - Game Save Visualiser

MirageUK

Hi..

I got this error when I conectec by ftp to my servers

Mode: Mode_Ftp

Save:
theisland.ark

Error while downloading the file from the server. See InnerException for more info.

Trace:
   en FluentFTP.FtpClient.DownloadFileInternal(String localPath, String remotePath, Stream outStream, Int64 restartPosition, Action`1 progress, FtpProgress metaProgress, Int64 knownFileSize)
   en FluentFTP.FtpClient.Download(Stream outStream, String remotePath, Int64 restartPosition, Action`1 progress)
   en ARKViewer.frmViewer.DownloadFtp() en D:\Apps\ArkSavegameToolkitNet-master\ValgueroViewer\frmViewer.cs:línea 1434
   en ARKViewer.frmViewer.LoadData() en D:\Apps\ArkSavegameToolkitNet-master\ValgueroViewer\frmViewer.cs:línea 194
   en ARKViewer.frmViewer.btnSettings_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) en D:\Apps\ArkSavegameToolkitNet-master\ValgueroViewer\frmViewer.cs:línea 3175
   en System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   en System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   en System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   en System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   en System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   en System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   en System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   en System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

@Neazan unfortunately that error is generated by the FluentFTP library I use and not my own code.  I can try add more code to get more information on the InnerException it mentions but without that I can't really help much other than to advise you check your credentials and try again?

I will add more information to the next release of program if you still encounter problems.

Credentials must be good - the line relates to downloading a .arkprofile file after it has already downloaded your main .ark save and .arktribe files - so the connection is fine.  The issue seems to be with one of the files it is trying to download from your server - with the extension .arkprofile.  I will add more logging and get a new version uploaded tomorrow after work.

Edited by MirageUK

Hi @MirageUK

Tthanks for you answer, Finally Ill find the way to conect by FTP to my servers :) Now Works!

But, I have another question...  When I reload to dowload the next save file ( 30 minuts laters )  a new crash appear telling me for example, "The Island.ark already exist" and inmediatly it's closed.

There is any "auto" configuration to let the self program auto dowload every 40 minuts the save?

Thanks you, Awesome Progran :) !!!

Hi @MirageUK
We are loving your tool. We find it extremly usefull to help managing our servers. We cannot thank you enough. We have recently added a couple of modded maps to our cluster. One that was made by a modder for us and the otehr is called 'HOPE'. If we try an load a modded map thats not on the drop down list ArkSaveViewer will just crash. I know it would be virtually impossible to add every map to the program but I was wondering if its at all possible to make it so that if its a map not on the list then it will still load but just with a blank visual behind it. This would mean we can still use it and be able to see placeholders and coords just not the terrain on the map. That would be extremly usefull.
I have posted the crash error that occurs when we try to load up a map not on the list.
Thankyou :)

Mode: Mode_Offline

Save:
C:\Ark Server Backups\PVE\Hope Ark Eternal 4th May\Saved\SavedArks\Hope.ark

Trace:
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.Nullable`1.get_Value()
   at ARKViewer.frmViewer.LoadWildDetail() in D:\Apps\ArkSavegameToolkitNet-master\ValgueroViewer\frmViewer.cs:line 2781
   at ARKViewer.frmViewer.CboWildClass_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\Apps\ArkSavegameToolkitNet-master\ValgueroViewer\frmViewer.cs:line 3109
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
   at ARKViewer.frmViewer.RefreshWildSummary() in D:\Apps\ArkSavegameToolkitNet-master\ValgueroViewer\frmViewer.cs:line 3103
   at ARKViewer.frmViewer.udWildMax_ValueChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\Apps\ArkSavegameToolkitNet-master\ValgueroViewer\frmViewer.cs:line 5084
   at System.Windows.Forms.NumericUpDown.OnValueChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NumericUpDown.set_Value(Decimal value)
   at ARKViewer.frmViewer.LoadData() in D:\Apps\ArkSavegameToolkitNet-master\ValgueroViewer\frmViewer.cs:line 352
   at ARKViewer.frmViewer.btnSettings_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\Apps\ArkSavegameToolkitNet-master\ValgueroViewer\frmViewer.cs:line 3175
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys, been busy trying to learn the unreal engine to have a go at making my own game.

@Shodan - it's something I can look into but the accuracy/lat/lon calculations are also map dependant so it might not be much use for unknowns.

@pleinx - I can add the number of mat/frat mutations, not what they went into.

@SPIKE982 / @pleinx - do you have an error report for the file load issue? I can look into it and see what needs to be reset beforehand.

Cheers guys, will try and get your things added/fixed in the next few days.

@MirageUK the crashes was my own failure. The file was locked by windows. So doesnt matter in my case.

But another question: do you think about an API? :)

Would be awesome to call something like:

gcc arkSaveViewerAPI.c -savegame=/path/to/savegame.ark

for the first draft. This creates a json-file for every tab (WildCreatures, Tamed Creatures, Player Structres,...) and also die Maps-Images on-the-fly for each wild/tamed dino and player structures.

22 hours ago, Larkfields said:

Or maybe just a command line option to output a json file of tame and wild dinos from a given map?

Sure. But all Tabs should be exported into the JSON File. WildCreatures is for me not so much important rather than Tamed Creatures and Player Structures. And about the Map-Images for V2: what be awesome if can create images each Tribe for each Tab:

gcc arkSaveViewerAPI.c -savegame=/path/to/Ragnarok.ark -output=./output

// This creates following JSON-Files
./output/wildCreatures.json (optional)
./output/tamedCreatures.json
./output/playerStructures.json

// For V2 would be nice to have a Map-Image each Tribe
./output/tribeId_1122334455_PlayerStructures.jpg
./output/tribeId_6677889910_PlayerStructures.jpg

// Same vor Tamed Dinos
./output/tribeId_1122334455_tamedCreatures.jpg
./output/tribeId_6677889910_tamedCreatures.jpg

So we can make own link Tribe/Player Data to Image.

Preview 38 now available.

http://www.miragesoftware.co.uk/ARK/apps/ARKViewer_Preview38.zip

@Larkfields / @pleinx - The program does already contain export options although not command line based - right click on each respective grid and click "Export".  It will export your current filter - so for all tames just select all tribes/players/creatures and export.  It won't do ALL wild as it takes too long to load them all into the list but will do a filtered down list of specific creatures you select.

@Shodan - Added ability to load unknown map data.  No image and can't guarantee the accuracy of the lon/lat if the map doesn't comform to the same co-ords as the Genesis map which I'm defaulting to if it is unknown.

@pleinx - Added mutation columns to the tame detail grid.  Mut (F) and Mut (M) respectively for male and female.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for your reply Mirage.

I'm currently using Ark-Tools from a script, to generate the json files for wild and tame dinos.  This script runs every 30 minutes on a timer.  However (as you probably know), the scale factor is different on each map, so some coords do not report correctly.

Although it's good that you can export json files, I need a program that can export json files then exit, so I can call it from my script.  
Ark-Tools actually exports a json file for each type of dino, but I don't mind if all dinos are in the same file as I can write something to filter that file.

If you think that's do-able, I could make a small contribution because it would solve a headache for me.

@MirageUK thanks for your fast reply! ?

mutation column works :)

API/Command Line to export json files:
And for me i have the same issue like @Larkfields. I already know the export function but need these files (tamed dinos, player structures, players) as json for my script. :)

Another idea/feature request:
can you add a column for players corpse and their maybe lost items (in bag) location?
The Bag should contain the player id. That would be awesome!

Last but not least:
i tried to export tamed dinos data of a tribe and it exports weird dinos which the tribe doesnt has.

Its a really nice tool and makes the life as admin much easier! thanks for that

Edited by pleinx

hi thank you for this great program first and is there a way to speed up loading duration during the read savegame file process? for me It takes 20minutes. My savegame file is 570mb and tribe&player files are nearly 4500. I have 16cores processor 32gb Ram with SSD but it seems takes a bit long

Edited by Wolfamid

16 hours ago, Wolfamid said:

My savegame file is 570mb and tribe&player files are nearly 4500. 

Greetz! :)

Sorry i cant send you private message (dont know why). Are you owner of this server? Is it possible to little bit exchange about server performance with this size of savegame? Maybe you can try to write me PN with contact data? just if its fine for your..

sorry for OT...

Edited by pleinx

@Wolfamid - The underlying tookit actually loads the save game quite quickly.  It's my basic code to do the UI stuff that isn't using parallel processing.

I can look into it but to be honest it's unlikely I'll have time for such enhancements.  I may have to release the source for you guys to tweak yourselves for such things.

I will look at some command line options for the API - I know of Ark-Tools as that's what my program originally used, reading in the json files it produced.

On 6/2/2020 at 11:56 PM, pleinx said:

Another idea/feature request:
can you add a column for players corpse and their maybe lost items (in bag) location?
The Bag should contain the player id. That would be awesome!

I have just checked and it is possible to retreive location of any death cache bag and associated team/player so this is something I can look at adding shortly.  Although please be aware that this will only list death cache available at the time of server save - none of this is real-time.

2 hours ago, MirageUK said:

@Wolfamid - The underlying tookit actually loads the save game quite quickly.  It's my basic code to do the UI stuff that isn't using parallel processing.

I can look into it but to be honest it's unlikely I'll have time for such enhancements.  I may have to release the source for you guys to tweak yourselves for such things.

I will look at some command line options for the API - I know of Ark-Tools as that's what my program originally used, reading in the json files it produced.

I'll gladly take a look at the code if you're prepared to go open source.