Admin / Trusted Player Tool - Game Save Visualiser

MirageUK

@AndyofBorg

Next release will be a major re-work of the structures section.

MapMarkers.thumb.png.2e680edf66b055504ddbf474f3eb7a85.png

I will be removing the current section for Structures and Map Markers, extending the "tabs" up to the top to include more information and adding a tab for Map Markers to include:

• Obelisks
  • Terminals
  • Oil Veins
  • Gas Veins
  • Water Veins
  • Charge Nodes
  • Artifacts
  • Wyvern Nests
  • Deinonychus Nests
  • Rock Drake Nests
  • Magmasaur Nests
  • Beaver Dams
  • Glitches
  • Supply Crates (crate)
  • Loot Crates (cave-loot / sea-loot)
  • Orbital Supply Drops (osd)
  • Element Veins (element)
  • Explorer Notes (note)
  • Cave Entrances (cave-entrance)
  • Dossiers (dossier)
  • Artifacts (artifact)
  • User Markers

I will also add columns/features to allow you to mark certain types as completed as a game progress check-list (for players more than admins) - Dosssiers, Notes, Glitches

16 hours ago, MirageUK said:

I will have a look but I doubt it. They are part of the map logic rather than something that is saved into the map save same as normal drops and the new glitches in Genesis. 

Fortunately the glitches are always in the exact same place so although I can't read them from the save data @Norlinri has kindly been mapping these all out in a spreadsheet which I then convert to JSON for use in my program.

I guess I could do similar lists for the drops/veins on other maps if people provided the data (lat/lon - if possible x/y/z)

(edit) info is available on the Wiki so I will look into including drops/veins in a future update.

Happy to get the xyz if you need. 

• 2 weeks later...

Genesis crash

An item with the same key has already been added.

Trace:
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToDictionary[TSource,TKey,TElement](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 keySelector, Func`2 elementSelector, IEqualityComparer`1 comparer)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToDictionary[TSource,TKey,TElement](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 keySelector, Func`2 elementSelector)
   at ArkSavegameToolkitNet.Domain.ArkGameDataBase.Initialize(ArkClusterDataBase clusterData) in D:\Apps\ArkSavegameToolkitNet-master\ArkSavegameToolkitNet.Domain\ArkGameDataBase.cs:line 155
   at ArkSavegameToolkitNet.Domain.ArkGameData.ApplyNewData(ArkSavegame save, ArkTamedCreature[] tamed, ArkWildCreature[] wild, ArkPlayer[] players, ArkTribe[] tribes, ArkItem[] items, ArkDroppedItem[] droppedItems, ArkStructure[] structures, Boolean decouple, ArkAnonymizeData anonymize) in D:\Apps\ArkSavegameToolkitNet-master\ArkSavegameToolkitNet.Domain\ArkGameData.cs:line 239
   at ArkSavegameToolkitNet.Domain.ArkGameData.ApplyPreviousUpdate(Boolean decouple) in D:\Apps\ArkSavegameToolkitNet-master\ArkSavegameToolkitNet.Domain\ArkGameData.cs:line 207
   at ARKViewer.frmViewer.LoadData() in D:\Apps\ArkSavegameToolkitNet-master\ValgueroViewer\frmViewer.cs:line 210
   at ARKViewer.frmViewer.btnSettings_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\Apps\ArkSavegameToolkitNet-master\ValgueroViewer\frmViewer.cs:line 3066
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam

Hey guys just a quick update to let you know that although I've not udpated in over a week I've not forgotten about you all - just been a bit mental with working from home recently and not had much time/motivation to do more on an evening.

I'll be back on it and investigating your reported issues in the next couple of days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am having a really hard time with the tool right now. It's crashing like mad to the point I can't even use it. I was viewing Valguero and I switched the file to Extinction and it just crashes...

Mode: Mode_Offline

Save:
C:\Users\andyc\Google Drive\Extinction.ark

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Trace:
   at ArkSavegameToolkitNet.ArkSavegame.<>c__DisplayClass52_1.<LoadCryopodEntries>b__4(GameObject o) in D:\Apps\ArkSavegameToolkitNet-master\ArkSavegameToolkitNet\ArkSaveGame.cs:line 182
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.FirstOrDefault[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
   at ArkSavegameToolkitNet.ArkSavegame.LoadCryopodEntries() in D:\Apps\ArkSavegameToolkitNet-master\ArkSavegameToolkitNet\ArkSaveGame.cs:line 182
   at ArkSavegameToolkitNet.ArkSavegame.LoadEverything() in D:\Apps\ArkSavegameToolkitNet-master\ArkSavegameToolkitNet\ArkSaveGame.cs:line 140
   at ArkSavegameToolkitNet.Domain.ArkGameData.Update(CancellationToken ct, ArkPlayerExternal[] externalPlayerData, Boolean deferApplyNewData, ArkAnonymizeData anonymize) in D:\Apps\ArkSavegameToolkitNet-master\ArkSavegameToolkitNet.Domain\ArkGameData.cs:line 74
   at ARKViewer.frmViewer.LoadData() in D:\Apps\ArkSavegameToolkitNet-master\ValgueroViewer\frmViewer.cs:line 221
   at ARKViewer.frmViewer..ctor() in D:\Apps\ArkSavegameToolkitNet-master\ValgueroViewer\frmViewer.cs:line 87
   at ARKViewer.Program.Main() in D:\Apps\ArkSavegameToolkitNet-master\ValgueroViewer\Program.cs:line 26

Hey @MirageUK 

The most recent updates have been awesome.  We have been having issues on Genesis with player's dinos meshing under the map and your tool is a lifesaver!! :)

That being said, neither preview 34 or 35 are working on my end the past couple days.  Error report below for reference.  Appreciate all you're doing and cant wait to see the next build!

image.thumb.png.6fbfb48ccba03506e3f2d4125bf55549.png

@MyPeSePeArK & @mjfro2 - Looking into your issues this evening

@Rattgtg I will have to check this the next time I get chance to actually play.  Been a chaotic couple of weeks working from home and everybody seems to want websites now that physical stores are temporarily closed - keeping me v.busy.

@silversage It will only list tribe/player data if you also have .arktribe and .arkprofile files in the same directory as the save game backup.  Are you loading the .ARK save from a folder that does not contain these?

• Like 1

Preview 36 available for download

http://www.miragesoftware.co.uk/ARK/apps/ARKViewer_Preview36.zip

Bug Fixes

• Tuso not displayed (technically not a bug, Tuso level appears to be 0 in the save game data so the min/max leave it out) - I have now defaulted to include any with a level of 0. @AndyofBorg
  • Crash with cryo containers where the container owner could not be identified. @MyPeSePeArK
  • Crash on load when a tribe does not have a tribe log.  @mjfro2

I'll hopefully have more time to commit to new releases again but until then, as usual, if you do have any issues or questions feel free to give me a shout.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey @MirageUK!

Tool has been working great! Love how it shows the color of the wild dinos, especially during the Easter event

One suggestion I have would be to add the steam name of the player on the 'Players' tab. (This will show their Xbox gamertag too :) 

I use your tool for everything else but still have to use this one sometimes to get someones gamertag: https://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/594821545173979380/

• Thanks 1

Should be latest (v36?).
Map extinction main mod pugnacia

Mode: Mode_Offline

Save:
X:\ASM_SERVER\servers\Server5\ShooterGame\Saved\SavedArks\Extinction.ark

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Trace:
   at ArkSavegameToolkitNet.IPropertyContainerExtensions.GetPropertyValue[TPropertyValue](IPropertyContainer self, ArkName name) in D:\Apps\ArkSavegameToolkitNet-master\ArkSavegameToolkitNet\IPropertyContainerExtensions.cs:line 47
   at ArkSavegameToolkitNet.Domain.ArkGameData.Update(CancellationToken ct, ArkPlayerExternal[] externalPlayerData, Boolean deferApplyNewData, ArkAnonymizeData anonymize) in D:\Apps\ArkSavegameToolkitNet-master\ArkSavegameToolkitNet.Domain\ArkGameData.cs:line 149
   at ARKViewer.frmViewer.LoadData() in D:\Apps\ArkSavegameToolkitNet-master\ValgueroViewer\frmViewer.cs:line 222
   at ARKViewer.frmViewer..ctor() in D:\Apps\ArkSavegameToolkitNet-master\ValgueroViewer\frmViewer.cs:line 88
   at ARKViewer.Program.Main() in D:\Apps\ArkSavegameToolkitNet-master\ValgueroViewer\Program.cs:line 26

@Vanamees that error is thrown from the underlying toolkit.  It seems to relate to loading player profile data. 

I might be able to add a better exception so that we can at least identify the .arkprofile file which is missing the required information.  Leave it with me this evening and I will try get an update out tomorrow.

@mjfro2 That's not a problem and can be added.  Initially I left it out initially as a player tool, makes more sense to add it back in now as an admin tool.  Again , probably tomorrow before I get an update out with this in.

• Like 1

Hi Mirage

Having problem loading up this morning - have now updated to latest versions and get the following Busted message

Mode: Mode_Ftp

Save:
genesis.ark

The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\rhep\Ark Viewer\creaturemap.json' because it is being used by another process.

Trace:
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(String path, Boolean append, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.File.InternalWriteAllText(String path, String contents, Encoding encoding, Boolean checkHost)
   at ARKViewer.ViewerConfiguration.Save() in D:\Apps\ArkSavegameToolkitNet-master\ValgueroViewer\ViewerConfiguration.cs:line 183
   at ARKViewer.frmViewer.frmViewer_FormClosed(Object sender, FormClosedEventArgs e) in D:\Apps\ArkSavegameToolkitNet-master\ValgueroViewer\frmViewer.cs:line 3561
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnFormClosed(FormClosedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmClose(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)