Admin / Trusted Player Tool - Game Save Visualiser

MirageUK

Thanks for the report @Rattgtg. I got a fix for raft/motorboats coming tomorrow - it's weird the game classes RAFTs as TAMEs but I forced them into the structure tab as it seemed to make more sense.

Player count might be a problem related to a "duplicate" issue (see player structure tab - all tribes - player list isn't right).  

Doing a little more testing but should hopefully have a fix for that in the same release tomorrow.

Edited by MirageUK

Hello!

Just popping in to say this app so far has been amazing, and so useful. Thank you for all your work for us! I am having an issue with getting it to save/connect to my server's FTP,  however.

I don't know if this issue has already been addressed, or if I am just missing something?

Edited by Manda

@Manda - did you see the example screen of the ftp settings we use? 

FtpSettings.png

Do you receive any errors or just need guidance on how to add the server?

1. Open settings page, select FTP Server.  Then click "Add Server" button.
  2. Enter server name (any friendly name you like to identify the server - in my example case "Mirage Aberration").
  3. Set the server address - including the "ftp://" prefix.
  4. Set the Port, Username, Password and path on your server to your ARKMap.ark file.
  5. Click "Add Server" again or "Save" to set the server as selected.

I might make it a little easier by allowing a "browse" option on the server for Save Path once you have set the address/port, username and password.

Preview 22 now available.

or

Bug Fixes - @Rattgtg / @Norlinri

• Using copy commands on the structures tab crashed when attempting a command against Raft/Motorboats.
  • Players were being duplicated in the structure tab drop-down and player count on the new Tribe tab.

Work In Progress

• Work to include item stat information in inventory views.  Durability, Dmg %, Armor etc

(edit) Unless somebody knows how to determine actual stat values from the Item Rating / Item Quality and actual stat (only values I have in game-save) it looks like I need to do a LOT more work to include some property values from the base game items and not just the save file for this to work.

For example.  I spawned in a REX saddle - Ascendant. 

In-game it has 81.8 Armor.  In the save data I have the following:

• Rating = 10.9010925
  • Quality = 5
  • Armor = 11365

Not sure it's possible to get back to 81.8 using this information without digging out each item property from the dev kit and including these in another JSON file.

.. and here's the info available from the dev kit on the base rex saddle bp:

RexBp.png

So the type is easy enough to do based purely on the saved "Rating":

PlayerInventory_Quality.png

...and I found some formulas but my head doesn't want to get involved with the math to try and reverse what these pages are saying so any help would be much appreciated:

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Item_Quality

https://forums.unrealengine.com/development-discussion/modding/ark-survival-evolved/54665-tutorial-understanding-item-quality

Thanks in advance guys, hopefully we can crack this one.

... after re-reading I have no idea how to do this due to the RQ? A random which in my case for the info displayed that could be anything between 0 and 5000 for the rex saddle.

Edited by MirageUK
Comment on work required for stat calculations.
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, MirageUK said:

Preview 22 now available.

or

Bug Fixes - @Rattgtg / @Norlinri

• Using copy commands on the structures tab crashed when attempting a command against Raft/Motorboats.
  • Players were being duplicated in the structure tab drop-down and player count on the new Tribe tab.

Work In Progress

• Work to include item stat information in inventory views.  Durability, Dmg %, Armor etc

(edit) Unless somebody knows how to determine actual stat values from the Item Rating / Item Quality and actual stat (only values I have in game-save) it looks like I need to do a LOT more work to include some property values from the base game items and not just the save file for this to work.

For example.  I spawned in a REX saddle - Ascendant. 

In-game it has 81.8 Armor.  In the save data I have the following:

• Rating = 10.9010925
  • Quality = 5
  • Armor = 11365

Not sure it's possible to get back to 81.8 using this information without digging out each item property from the dev kit and including these in another JSON file.

.. and here's the info available from the dev kit on the base rex saddle bp:

RexBp.png

So the type is easy enough to do based purely on the saved "Rating":

PlayerInventory_Quality.png

...and I found some formulas but my head doesn't want to get involved with the math to try and reverse what these pages are saying so any help would be much appreciated:

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Item_Quality

https://forums.unrealengine.com/development-discussion/modding/ark-survival-evolved/54665-tutorial-understanding-item-quality

Thanks in advance guys, hopefully we can crack this one.

... after re-reading I have no idea how to do this due to the RQ? A random which in my case for the info displayed that could be anything between 0 and 5000 for the rex saddle.

I will try to have a think about it a bit later :)

Is the name of the player who crafted an item an available info from the save file for items in inventory?

• Thanks 1

Worked it out - the value stored in the game save is the random number I was missing from the equations :) Update tomorrow.

FYI -  Value = IV+((RND_ARMOR*MS) * (RM * IV))

Where RND_ARMOR is the armor value stored in the game-save data.  So looks like I got a lot of copy/pasting to do tomorrow running through all items in the devkit to get the RM/IV/MS values.

Edited by MirageUK
Added formula info.

13 hours ago, MirageUK said:

@Manda - did you see the example screen of the ftp settings we use? 

FtpSettings.png

Do you receive any errors or just need guidance on how to add the server?

1. Open settings page, select FTP Server.  Then click "Add Server" button.
  2. Enter server name (any friendly name you like to identify the server - in my example case "Mirage Aberration").
  3. Set the server address - including the "ftp://" prefix.
  4. Set the Port, Username, Password and path on your server to your ARKMap.ark file.
  5. Click "Add Server" again or "Save" to set the server as selected.

I might make it a little easier by allowing a "browse" option on the server for Save Path once you have set the address/port, username and password.

Hmm, yes, I did all that. It seems to refresh the page, but the time stamp doesn't change, and when I go back into the Map Settings, all the data I entered is gone. No saved server.

My server is hosted by arkservers.io, I don't know if that makes much of a difference but I entered in all the SFTP info from there.

7 hours ago, Manda said:

SFTP

That might make a difference - I'm using plain text ftp from my program.  I will look into whats required to use SFTP.  To use the tool without the auto ftp you will have to download the .ark, .arktribe and .arkprofile files manually and use File Mode in the settings page.

I have signed up to the host you mentioned so I can do some testing and work out what's involved in getting it to work with their ftp.

(edit) I can confirm it's SFTP that's not supported currently.  I will work on implementing that option in the next couple of days.

Edited by MirageUK

So, noob question here, would one be able to give access to their own data for a specific player? For example, Player A with Steam ID 7656...0 can only see whatever this Steam ID owns on a map and what the tribe they’re in owns?

Could that be implemented on a website for example?

Could we potentially pull the data out from your tool automatically (just some of it, for example the total number of wild bees, or anything of interest) and display it on a website?

6 hours ago, MirageUK said:

No plans on a website but long term I do plan on having the server export/import work like this - so server admins can provided ftp access but restrict what the player can see/do.

No problem, thank you :) Users on our website log in via Steam so I thought it would be a good opportunity for a Steam ID to only see stuff they own.

This actually all started with exported JSON files from the original java edition toolkit creator.  I used to use his program - Ark-tools to extract out the game data to json then read it into the grids you have seen previously.  It was only once I found the .net re-write of the toolkit that I could bypass that stage and read thing more directly.

Of course I can add whatever output files you like and you can integrate them into your own websites/systems/spreadsheets - just let me know what data you would like and I can sort something.

• Like 1

GenesisSupported.thumb.png.fa9fd49eb2c44d149c1266cf66ca1bc5.png

Preview 24 now available.

or

Features

• Added basic support for GENESIS map. Using a crappy screen shot of my in-game war map.  Once they add a decent map to the Wiki I will update.
  • Magmasaur nests are displayed on the map but I haven't added a seperate toggle and view to them yet.

Bug Fixes

• Config could sometimes double-save causing the FTP server credentials to be over-encrypted and unreadable.
  • Thanks 1

Preview 25 now available.

or

Features

• Better Genesis map image from the updated Wiki page :)
  • Checkbox and clickable structure picture for Magmasaur nests

• Thanks 1

Preview 26 now available

http://www.miragesoftware.co.uk/ARK/apps/ARKViewer_Preview26.zip

or

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ked8Fv3Xia_zdkY2oP5C-xFYPWJBReW2/view?usp=sharing

Bug Fixes

• Map co-ords for Lat/Lon were being incorreclty calculated for Genesis.
  • Tribes weren't being loaded correctly.  WC seem to have changed from using a property TribeID to TribeId so I have now implemented checks against both versions.
  • Tribe logs / tribe views / tribe and player releated selections all fixed with the tribe fix above.
  • Magmasaur structure tickbox now works as expected.
  • Magmasaur structure tooltip now displays "Magmasaur Nests" instead of "Rock Drake Nests"
  • Tamed creatures were not being loaded against the correct tribe.

Edited by MirageUK
  • Thanks 1

Preview 27 available.

http://www.miragesoftware.co.uk/ARK/apps/ARKViewer_Preview27.zip

Bug Fixes

• Managmasaur nest tooltips were listing incorrect egg levels.

Features

• Added more filters to wild tab to allow filtering of wilds around a location.  Added Lat/Lon/Radius options - default to 50,50,100 to cover the full map. @121HEP
  • Thanks 1

thank you for this godsent utility :)

sadly it seems like I can't see wild dino in stasis for some reason, is this intended or a bug? it only detects wild dinos close enough to my player at the time I saved (single player mode)

some features suggestions if I may :

-breeding assistant : add scan to find all wild dinos which have a stat superior to X (that we can set) // exclude untamable

-allow to scroll through zoomed map when holding left click

-allow to re-calibrate maps (mines are slightly off by ~7 lon and ~1 lat)

-option to use dots in teleport code rather than commas (might be a regional problem)

Edited by ChrisGamingYT

@ChrisGamingYT

Stasis dinos don't show - you can set your single player to not use stasis if you want to see them spawning on the full map for single player.   Use the launch option "-preventhibernation"

Breeding assistant - there are already a very good tools out there for this sort of thing. Between Larkator and Smart Breeding Assistant they have this sort of thing well covered.  My tool is more for server admin if I'm honest.

Scroll zoomed map holding left click - I can have a look at what's involved with this one. 

Re-callibrate maps.  They were always supposed to be "approximate" but I will work on improving them a little more if I can.  What map in particular are you working with at the moment?

Dots in teleport code instead of comma?  Let me know what commands on what tabs and I will look into it.

Cheers

thank you for your answer

sadly neither ASB nor larkator have any way to quickly find good dinos, ASB ignores wild dinos and in larkator you have to search every specie and every stat and just hope you find a good stat, it's very tedious sadly and the developer has abandoned the tool for over a year

and regarding the preventhibernation option, sadly it has dramatic impact on performance in single player mode :(

but it's okay just being able to check structures/inventories is godly enough, so I would be crazy to complain :)

nice tool - ty!
Just installed it on the server to view some things.. - really helpful!

Found some things that maybe needs some love from you..

(Installed on the server.. no Steam installed.. just steamcmd)

-> Settings bug: Options - File-Select -> Savegame.. and saved..
after that the tool throws an error with unable to find.. "c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\libraryfolders.vdf"
Without this file all settings are blank - adding an empty file fixed it

-> Map Updater bug: (Unable to reproduce.. dunno)
had some strucures filtered on the map and then selected Tribes -> "Select one tribe".. after that all tribe markers are added to the already displayed structures on the map.
After unselecting "tame markers.. structure markers etc." and reselecting, the map updated correctly.

-> Sorting-Reset Bug: (low prio)
Player-Creatures-> Show crypodded (on) -> Sort by "Cryo DESC".. After selecting a specific dino all the sorting is resetted 

• Thanks 1