Fastest Way to level chibis?

RickiRolled

2 minutes ago, RickiRolled said:

Ricki

What is the fastest way to level chibis up with alphas? i'm seeing people claiming to of maxed their chibis

I have just jumped over to Valguero and shotgun the Alpha's off the back of a Drake. 

2 Carno's gave me the 1st level (85 and 55 I think) but 1 Rex level 25, 2 Raptors, and a Carno (all lower levels) have only given me about 30000 more XP towards level 2. 

Still seems the best route outside of possibly trapping a high level Alpha Wyv and shotgunning it.

1 hour ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

I have just jumped over to Valguero and shotgun the Alpha's off the back of a Drake. 

2 Carno's gave me the 1st level (85 and 55 I think) but 1 Rex level 25, 2 Raptors, and a Carno (all lower levels) have only given me about 30000 more XP towards level 2. 

Still seems the best route outside of possibly trapping a high level Alpha Wyv and shotgunning it.

Key looks like player kills. I killed over a dozen including 85 squid and a couple 100 plus carnos to get barely level 2.

28 minutes ago, Spiret said:

Enraged corrupted rexes on purple osds is best imo. They are like level 500 and get 60000 XP per kill. Already Level 5 on my chibi.

I haven't tried with enraged Rex but enraged Trike on red gave me 0 xp. I killed them with a Giga. My tribe mates each got their own enraged Trike kill and also got 0 xp from them.

They released a patch before I came to work so maybe that fixed it.

• 8 months later...

If anyone out there is still looking for an easy way to level up chibis quickly, it is easier than ever thanks to Crystal Isles.

On Crystal Isles, there is an entire area of open ocean surrounding Eldritch Isle that has the highest spawn rate for alpha tusos and mosas than anywhere else in the game. I imprinted a basilosaurus (who can now survive much deeper than before since a few updates ago) and hunted lots of them. If you find an alpha tuso, you can even trick it into fleeing in the direction of the world border where it will get itself stuck. Then, you can just hop off your basilo and kill it urself with a crossbow to get the full XP! Another great spot on Crystal Isles to farm alphas easily is to always check around  89 38, as alpha tusos sometimes spawn in the shallow water here and can easily be picked off with any tame for easy XP.

Archived