Velonasaur Stamina Nerf

Lycan187u

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Velonasaur Stamina Nerf
1 hour ago, Lycan187u said:

Velonasaur stamina nerf

I think  this Ai stamina nerf is a bad decision. Let's say my pve base has been kited by corrupt Dino now my defences will stop attacking while in turret mode ?rip lol seeing how turrets\heavy turrets tek turrets don't  do squat lol unless u have 100s of them...

I already stopped using them as a ridden dino after they nerfed their whip attack, now they aren't even that great for base defense. 

Wonder if they can give them an increase in damage to corrupted like enforcers? That would at least balance them for PvE.

I wonder how this will work for AI turret mode.  When it runs out of stam is it going to wait for a full recharge and then start firing again?  Or will it sit there and start trying to fire every time it regens enough stam for a single shot just to wait the one second recharge period again?  If the latter, there goes my wild Managarmr defenses for my Extinction snow base :(

Damage from turret mode always fixed ....

This is actually putting PVE base in EX in danger , corrupted dino take way less damage from normal turret and the only thing that can ensure the safety of your base from troll luring corrupted giga is those velo , and now they drain stamina in AI turret mode because PVP reason , damn it , stop burrowing your head inside sand , PVP and PVE must have different rule .

Lol, so I had three velo on turret mode near a tek trough full of cooked meat. A scorpion spawned under my base when I flew out of render and came back. They started shooting and couldn't hit the glitched scorp so I wanted to see how much they needed to eat now after this happens.

Drained almost the whole bin of food in around 30 min or so when the only other things using it were a baby argen at 27% and a full grown spino. Seems they eat pretty quick after draining their stam so just a heads up to anyone using a crap ton of em.

Velo AI Turret Stam/Food Consumption PC PVE

has anyone realized how bad Velo turrets are now?

They stop attacking after their first shot and get derped out. Not to mention, when they do manage to do a full volley of shots the stam usage is ridiculous. 

3k stam just to kill a lvl 20 snail? Are you kidding me?

Plus food consumption from all that stam usage makes it so you need to keep an entire trough of meat in order to prevent the velo from starving to death.

Please tell me this isn't intended?

@Cedric

Image result for riddickulous

I'm fine with the idea of the velon burning stamina and food in AI turret mode. It makes more sense than it being able to fire forever and adds a cost to using them instead of turrets. There are several problems with it that really should have been addressed before implementing it though.

One - the massive food usage - it makes it possible for someone to easily burn your entire trough meat supply and kill every meat eater you have,  just by tanking your Velonasaurs with some sacrificial dinos for a while. To me this is the game breaker and I don't see how this change made it live. 100% unacceptable.

Two - Restrictions places on players and tames that are not placed on wilds will always feel unfair to players, just do the work and make wilds and non-ridden dinos use stamina, it would make pve more dynamic and allow more capability from wilds with stamina usage to act as a control lever for you.

Three - If you're making it burn stamina, ease up on the way AI turret damage was nerfed, you completely removed player choice there, with  zero benefit to spending points on melee, guess where they all went for turret Velonasaurs.

If you want this, it can be done, and sounds fair to me, but for non-ridden turret Velonasaurs:

1. reduce the food loss from regenerating stamina, in exchange for a reduced stamina regen rate for them
  2. cut back the damage nerf slightly, with a higher scaled stamina usage compared to ridden.
  3. Some way to cap food usage, perhaps limit trough food use speed and use food from inventory first?
  4. Limit firing or stamina regen further as food gets lower. I once had a shoulder pet almost instantly starve to death from full food because it had a ton of unspent points from sitting in my base while I was using a different one and I dumped them all into stamina(charge) at once. Literally spent points, picked up, damage noise, damage noise, dead. There is no time that's a good mechanic.

Either 1 or 3 could be used, or both. This leaves them doing potentially a bit more damage, but only in short bursts, much more dynamic.  It gives attackers something to work with and gives a number of variables to tune on it for balancing, allowing adjustment of scaling on burst length, damage amount, time between bursts, and cost to fire.

They basically use food as ammo now.

If you think it is the only way to balance pvp and don't want to separate pvp and pve then how about a cheap hack that will achieve the same?

Velons should have targeting modes same as autoturrets. If set to target  players and/or tamed creatures, food consumption and stamina drain is as  it is now, if it targets wilds then pre nerf values.

Though I don't think even pvp folks should suffer like that.

If someone decided velons shooting themselves to starvation is the way it was always meant to be then maybe they could have first fix them, so velons won't try to shoot stuff behind obstacles?

Why making velons useless has higher priority than fixing them trying to shoot stuff behind dinos, gates and walls?

Just now, mr_xrayman said:

What nerf is next, players are walking too fast,  new nerf .. all players must stand still and not move. lol why do you find something thats working and phuk it up do you NOT want people playing the game ?

Why do phone makers send up outdates that screw up their old phones right before they release a new one?

1 hour ago, Spiral3 said:

Why do phone makers send up outdates that screw up their old phones right before they release a new one?

I'm convinced that this supposed to emulate withdraw effect - you buy DLC and feel good using all the broken dinos and mechanics. Then it gets fixed/nerfed and your paid stuff is not op anymore, it's just different from what is available to everyone else, so you need a "fix" which is new DLC.

Archived