PvE war mechanic

Purdbag

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Purdbag said:

PvE war mechanic

Is there anyone out there who can walk me through the war mechanic on pve (ps4 official pve)? If I go to war with another tribe, are my alliances still under threat or did they remove that? Tried to search the topic but its hard to sift through the spam.

Wars has been completely disabled on official PVE.

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, Purdbag said:

When are they planning to fix that?

I don't think they plan to turn it back on. They completely disabled it a few months ago since it was being abused by some players. You can read more about it there:

2 minutes ago, Purdbag said:

Does that mean there is literally no way to settle disputes in pve without breaking the code of conduct?

Pretty much.

• Volunteer Moderator
10 minutes ago, Purdbag said:

People in my FB groups are saying war works just like it always has. I'm getting so many conflicting statements

If it does on an official PVE server, then it is not properly configured and should be reported through an outage report. Wars has been disabled for a few months now, and was officially announced in the following crunch:

PVE Tribe Warfare System

There has been an increase in abuse and enforcement tickets stemming from the tribe warfare system. To prevent further abuse we will be disabling the Tribe Warfare system on Thursday 8/22.

5 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

If it does on an official PVE server, then it is not properly configured and should be reported through an outage report. Wars has been disabled for a few months now, and was officially announced in the following crunch:

I mean, I'm not gonna report it if it works. I WANT war...

25 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

I did that and tweeted Ced to ask about it. No responses on either. Apparently Gasbag blowing enemy dino's on PvE is a thing again too.

I can't check myself on either since my tribe doesn't have allies to check the war function and gasbag blowing is still considered against the CoC on PvE

41 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

I did that and tweeted Ced to ask about it. No responses on either. Apparently Gasbag blowing enemy dino's on PvE is a thing again too.

I can't check myself on either since my tribe doesn't have allies to check the war function and gasbag blowing is still considered against the CoC on PvE

I dunno I was in a base last night and their tames did not move when I expelled the air.  But I am able to blow other players themselves away with it.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

I got told just now that the Wars are apparently still enabled on consoles and is being looked into.

20 minutes ago, Purdbag said:

How? 2 parties agree to war. Allys are affected by war. Choose your allys knowing that if they go to war then YOU go to war too. Very simple.

It's kind of the whole point of the tribe alliance system.

You're rehashing an old argument. Nearly the exact same sentiment was expressed over and over again, in the other threads yet it was decided this was a problem. I think it's clear that the majority of people in pve did not expect the war/ alliance system to work that way, and trolls were using it in an exploity way to destroy years worth of work under the false pretense of making alliances to help out trading. Pve is not supposed to be pvp.

Whatever. If someone is being toxic on a pve server there should be consequences that come from their toxicity's victim. If someone is kiting other peoples tames, stealing drops/veins, boxing in spawn points, blocking resources, and saying racist and bigoted stuff in chat, there should be a way to deal with it without breaking code of conduct. Because everyone knows wc does not enforce their own rules. Removing war is a bandaid on a bullet wound.

8 hours ago, Purdbag said:

Whatever. If someone is being toxic on a pve server there should be consequences that come from their toxicity's victim. If someone is kiting other peoples tames, stealing drops/veins, boxing in spawn points, blocking resources, and saying racist and bigoted stuff in chat, there should be a way to deal with it without breaking code of conduct. Because everyone knows wc does not enforce their own rules. Removing war is a bandaid on a bullet wound.

There's a great option if you want war that still works perfectly, it's called PVP.

As for all of the above, report it with evidence including screenshots/videos, just because they don't act on it immediately doesn't mean they won't act.

Archived